Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Northstar rebuild: Will style (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 24 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Northstar rebuild: Will style by Will
Started on: 12-29-2003 09:00 PM
Replies: 922 (67319 views)
Last post by: Will on 02-26-2020 01:02 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 235
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillClick Here to Email WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Will. If you are in the DC area, look into Dominion Raceway which is just south of Fredericksburg VA. Traffic on 95 sucks but it's closer. They have a two mile road course, host club events and run a 'track attack' event that I think is similar to the FATT (Friday at the track) at summit. I use to run SCCA events years ago at the point (not is a FIERO). Come on out to a cars and coffee in northern VA. Would like to meet up.
Steve

I used to live in Sterling and went to the C&C at Great Falls. I've been to the one at Kohl's in Fair Lakes. What others are around?

I know of dominion and I've driven by it quite a few times... just never been there.
IP: Logged
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Saturday go to is still Katie's in Great Falls. Have to get there super early and in season it's always crowded. The C&C of the rich and famous in the DC metro area.

On Sunday there are two. The Larger of the two is at the Dunkin Donut at Dulles Landings. They are having the same issue that killed the event at Kohl's. Burnouts, high speed passes and people acting stupid. I stopped attending due to these issues and frankly the gathering is 'clickish'. Mopar's with Mopar' / Jeeps with Jeeps etc..,

The smaller and more 'adult' is held at Camron's Chocolates and Coffee at Fairfax Circle. It start a 8 AM and usually go until 10. We often get a number of people driving back from the Dulles C&C stop by. It's small with 20 - 50 cars in season. This is the one I frequent to help keep the total estimated value of the cars down Weather looks good so I'll be up there on Sunday.

Pictures of Katie's and Cameron's can be found at www.6speedonline.com/forums Tab down to the regional section / Northeast / Mid Atlantic section.

PS. If you're ever down in Richmond there is a C&C held at Regency Mall every other Saturday. (Check the internet for schedule). In season, 300+ cars, well run and super friendly people.

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 02-21-2020).]

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 235
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2020 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillClick Here to Email WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

6SpeedOnline? There's one I haven't heard of for a *WHILE*... cool that the site is still around.

Clevite told Summit a little fib, and were actually out of stock on the Northstar main bearings. RockAuto had some inventory, so I ordered from them.

The King rod bearings and Clevite main bearings left for Calico yesterday.

I've decided I'm going to skip nitriding the crank, but will have it micropolished. I'll use that operation to size the journals +/-0.0001 in order to get the bearing clearance I want.

Now I need to snag an engine to tear down for the block so that I can measure the bearing IDs. Then I'll need to order PPPC Titanium wrist pins so I have the final component weights to use for the final bobweight to get the crank balanced. A bunch of weight has to come off the crank, as the Eagle rods are 150g/each lighter than the stock rods and the CP pistons are ~20g lighter than stockers. Take 30g out of the piston pins with titanium and that ends up being a bunch of steel that has to come off the counterweights.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 24 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock