Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  88 Coupe 4.9 Swap Thread (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
88 Coupe 4.9 Swap Thread by josef644
Started on: 08-26-2009 06:29 PM
Replies: 681 (22163 views)
Last post by: Reallybig on 11-20-2015 08:28 PM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I own Page 13 also. On with the show.

After a nice cool down I went back outside and removed the passenger side parking brake cable. I don't even know why I put it back in as it was in wasted condition. I raised the fronts and removed the front wheels so I can access the front calipers. It appears that there are new shocks, pads and hoses on the fronts already. I'll just keep these pads for spares or put them back on after installing new piston seals and save the new RayBestos ones on the way here.

I shot some PB Blaster on the bleeders so I can see if they will open up before removing them from the car. I'll get the front pads and bridges off this evening

I discovered that there is a loud clunk sound in the passenger side steering rack. Looks like I am gonna need the Rodney Dickman's 1988 steering rack bushings. Driver side seems fine, but if I have to fix it, I'll do it right the first time.

Sometimes it seems that I am fighting a loosing battle here. I repair one thing, and find two or three more in need or repair. Fix those , and its something else is right down the trail.

Enough already !!

When I was watching those throttle plates moving just a bit, it was while the engine was idling, and trying to stay around 800 RPM in Park I have never put this in gear yet as the CV Axles are extended and I don't want to trash a boot or joint.

Just got the driver side bridge and pads off. Rotor is stuck on the hub flange.

Both front rotors are .770 thick, The rears were about the same. I'm not sure what a new one measures out at, but of it was any thicker , I would never been able to insert the rear pads

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-25-2010).]

IP: Logged
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put some PB Blaster on the two bleeder bolt threads several times in the past 12 hours. I removed the front pads and bridges this morning, and painted the bridges red like the rears last week. I sat them out on my front porch so they can get two days of Texas sunshine to 'bake' the paint good. Sliders on the calipers were movable on both sides of the car.

I guess the PB Blaster did its job. I was able to open both bleeders.

I used PB Blaster on the hubs of both rotors a couple of times today. This afternoon I used a large 3 Jaw Puller and was able to get both rotors off for a good cleaning. No real scratches on either side. I have stopped for the weekend. I am gonna take the day off tomorrow.

My brake parts and injectors should be here Tuesday, so I am about out of things to do till then. Might drop the coolant pipe from the drivers side to get the nipple welded up Monday. Tuesday I have plans to go pick up a non sunroof top section and headboard about 3 hours away from home each way.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-26-2010).]

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Sometimes it seems that I am fighting a loosing battle here. I repair one thing, and find two or three more in need or repair. Fix those , and its something else is right down the trail.

Enough already !!

Eventually it gets a little bit better. It never stops completely though. Just took the front fashia off last night to reattach the honey comb support. Whoever tried to fix the fashia last time never put bolts back in the support. It was flopping around and driving me crazy, and the bumper was starting to sag down. Got that all taken care of. Leave for work this morning and my VSS/wiring is not working right. No speedo, lowered power output, and bad idle. I know what you mean!! It gets really frusterating at times.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to mow this morning, so now it's to hot in the garage to try to get anything done. 60% chance of rain, you can guess how humid it is outside. I will be going to Greenville, Tx in the AM to get a non sunroof top and a headliner board for my Coupe. I'll get a few pictures.

My RayBestos passenger side parking brake cable arrived today. So I will have that here for installation Wednesday. I also plan to put the new seals in the front calipers if they arrive here tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-28-2010).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep after it Joe! It will turn out great and you will be very proud of all the hard work you have done. I have the same types of issues with the XTC. Fortunately, before I did the 4.9 swap, I had rebuilt most the mechanical stuff on the car. It's just a Fiero thing. I have pretty much had to "tinker" with the XTC every night since the swap was completed. Some were my fualt - bolts not tight, hoses run in the wrong place, some wiring stuff - but (knock on wood), I have not touched the car in over a week. The boy is driving the heck out of it everyday and all seems to be well for now. You will get there.

Pat

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What did you finally do to the transmission shifter to keep it from melting ? And does the parking brake front cable go above or below the drivers side trailing arm?
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What did you finally do to the transmission shifter to keep it from melting ? And does the parking brake front cable go above or below the drivers side trailing arm?

Well for the shift cable, I ended up using a bolt with some washers and a nut instead of the ball mount. The heat from the crossover melted the rubber inside the cable end so it would not "clip" onto the ball. I also redrilled the cable mount bracket to change the angle of the cable going o the shift arm. It's not really right and I am planning on getting the shifter cable mount setup from WCF to permanently cure the problem. Right now, when it's in drive, the shift cable end is nearly touching the crossover - I wrapped some extra insulation around the crossover and so far so good. I just don't like not being able to select all the gears.

Just went and looked at my 88 Formula - front cable goes under the trailing arm.

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 06-29-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Just went and looked at my 88 Formula - front cable goes under the trailing arm.

Thanks Pat I will be connecting all of the cables pretty quick, maybe tomorrow. I will be putting kits into my two front calipers first thing in the AM.

Made it home with my new non sunroof top from MstangsBware's house:

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Just got thru doing this with josef644....Took maybe 45 minutes to get it off but most the interior was already out of the car. Was easier than what I thought but does require some patience...

Thanks to Stephen's help this wasn't to bad at all. Here it is in the bed of my S-10 truck before we tied it down for the ride 225 mile back home:

Made it home safely, with no damage to the new roof. Scored a bunch of parts I was in need of from Stephen. Non sunroof headboard, and some real nice beachwood dash parts. Just cost me a burger meal for him at Mickey D's.

Thanks for all the help.

Joe Crawford

Cleaned all of my plunder from Poe's place , and my tools out my truck this morning. Hung the top in the garage. I was gonna do the 88's front calipers this morning, but it is 100% humidity. 9 am and it is already nasty outside.
Before:

and after:

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-30-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got these today: Bosche III's

Got both front calipers off of the car cleaned up and and ready to rebuild tomorrow. I'll do them in the house after my wife has gone to work. What she don't know won't hurt her !

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-30-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put kits in the two front calipers. Ordered a set of The Fiero Store slider boots.
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took off the timing cover to replace the water pump housing gasket so I just replaced the timing set BUT no body seems to sell the cam (button) thrust bearing. Where can I get one. The one on it is in one piece, for now but looks old and hard. Who knows how much longer it has?
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I took off the timing cover to replace the water pump housing gasket so I just replaced the timing set BUT no body seems to sell the cam (button) thrust bearing. Where can I get one. The one on it is in one piece, for now but looks old and hard. Who knows how much longer it has?

I looked at RockAuto, they had no listing for it. I'm not sure where you send ya for this one.

Joe
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I painted ten buttons that go on the plastic trim at the bottom of the doors. I installed a real nice radio HVAC surround Poe gave me Tuesday.

and

The mail delivered me the 88 brake slider boots I had ordered from The Fiero Store. I installed these on the two front calipers. They will go back on the car in the AM.

and

Thanks to The Fiero Store for fast shipping and selling this produdct for us.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed the front two calipers and pads this AM. I am gonna have to remove the pads as it just occurred to me that I installed the ones with the squeal tab on the wrong sides. I had forgotten that they are supposed to be on the front facing direction

Installed the radio surround bezel.

HELP , I've been kidnapped by an old gray headed woman. I will be dragged off to Houston to visit with her kin folks for punishment. I was a good man !! I donate to the Red Cross and such. I don't deserve this mistreatment.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-04-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I switched the two inboard front brake pads this morning. Installed the new parking brake cable on the passenger side. The drivers side cable is wasted. I just ordered a new one from RockAuto. RayBestos less then $14.00. Used the discount number listed in the mall, saved myself a whopping .70 cents. Should have ordered this last week when I ordered the passenger side.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-05-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spent 2 hours at the County Tax Office this morning. Homsteaded place now.

Removed the brake master cylender and bench bleed it. Back on the car and all lines connected and tightened down. 96* outside. I will bleed the system tomorrow morning.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used my Harbor Freight vacuum pump to take the air out of the brake lines today. I was watching the rear caliper pistons move in as I moved the parking brake arm forward by hand. I haven't see any leaks yet. I know it takes 20 pumps or so of the peddle to get the front pads to contact the rotors, but haven't done this yet. I always get nervous here. When I get the peddle up I am gonna put the front wheels back on.

My new driver side parking brake cable is supposed to be here tomorrow. After I get it installed I am gonna lower the car onto the tires for the first time since August 2009.

Bosch III injectors will be next.

I am thinking my brake master cylinder is deceased. I get no action at any caliper. About 100 brake peddle pushes gets no height to the peddle. I had the wife hold it down and no piston action on any of the calipers.

Ordered a Bendix master cylinder from Rock Auto.

No wheels on the ground tomorrow.

I'll replace the Rodchester Multi Crap injectors in the AM

Very unhappy back this morning. I'm having a hard time standing up straight. I'm not gonna be bending over removing and installing injectors today.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-08-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very unhappy back this morning. I'm having a hard time standing up straight. I'm not gonna be bending over removing and installing injectors today.

I have no back pains while I am laying on the floor, so I removed the passenger side rack boot an found this:

and

and

I am able to get the white plastic bushing to go in about half way only. This looks like a job for Superman,,,, I mean removing the rack and installing a Rodney Dickman 88 rack bushing. The shaft on the inner rack rod is smooth and no presence of rust.

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Joe,

I put a RD bushing in an 86 rack a while back. I had a heck of a time getting that old plastic bushing out. I ended up removing the rack from the car and had to cut it into 3 pieces to get it out. While taking the rack out, I broke 3 of the 4 rack bolts off. I had to weld nuts to the broken bolts, used a can of PB blaster and a lot of heat but managed to get them all out. It was probably the hardest thing I have ever done on a Fiero. I'd say you are lucky that it "fell" out and you found it. Hope your back gets better.

Pat

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks to like I could remove the spare tire 'tub' and install the RD bushing without removing the rack. I think you have to drill and insert two pop rivets to hold the brass bushing in place.

I am afraid that if I break those bolts off I am screwed beyond all means. I cant' weld. The car would have to be towed outta here and to a shop somewhere for repairs. Won't hurt to try before attempting the other.

Master cylinder is supposed to be here tomorrow on the FedEx truck, as well as my parking brake cable.

Been reading on removing the 88 racks. Seems like if the bolts break off, one can use an air chisel to cut the nuts off, then use a bolt,lock washer and nut to replace the busted part.

Ain't scared of this un any more. Let um break !!!

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-09-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed the seats into the car. My grandchildren are coming and I had to get them out of their bedroom. So out into the car they went.

and

Installed the two rear side marker lights I got in the mail today. I also put new bulbs in to all four of the sockets.

My brake master cylinder and parking brake cable came on the FedEx truck today.

Installed two fine looking Jen-You-Wine Fiero Thomas tan sun visors that arrived in today's mail also.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-09-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man those seats look good Joe. I am going to have to order a set for my Formula.

For the RD bushing, I drilled and tapped 2 holes and used machine screws - no real reason why other than it was easy with it out of the car. I'm sure that the rivets work fine. I agree, let em snap off....

Pat
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Joe, you are really moving a long
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BMTFIERO:

Wow Joe, you are really moving a long

Thanks Tim.

I am hoping to get the brakes up to snuff so I can get the wheels on the ground and rolling. Just taking care of the little things that are a necessity. With wheels on the ground I'll get my first ride in my 88 Coupe.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-11-2010).]

Lone Ranger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lone RangerClick Here to visit Lone Ranger's HomePageSend a Private Message to Lone RangerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe by the time I get my butt back up to your place for a little help on the '86, I'll be able to get a ride in the 4.9!
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lone Ranger:

Maybe by the time I get my butt back up to your place for a little help on the '86, I'll be able to get a ride in the 4.9!

Been wondering where you and that Silver Stallion have been hiding. Come on up Eugene.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-13-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed and adjusted the two rear parking brake cables this morning. I found that if I connected the right side to the front cable and then hooked the end of the right side to the caliper arm, then slipped the left side into the adjuster, that I had no problem hooking the left side cable into the caliper arm. This was all done with the adjustment almost all of the way off of the threaded rod part. Once all three pieces were mounted correctly, I had no problems adjusting the parking brake. I had been playing with trying to hook the right side cable into the arm without any luck for about 20 minuets or so when I tried it this way. Worked the first time.

Parking brake, done !!!!

I have grandchildren here for the week. The youngest is 4 1/2 , so I won't be able to get much done while they are here. Ya gotta keep an eye on this one all the time.

Removed both 'A' pillar trim mouldings, the 'B's are off already.

New master cylinder is next.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-14-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing done on the car for the last 7 days except removing the 'A' pillar mouldings. I cleaned up the inside firewall cover that goes behind the seats that I got from Poe in Greenville a while back. The board is in good shape, but the covering fabric is nasty. Maybe some tan vinyl covering? The grand kids will be going home in two more days. I go out in the garage and just look at my Coupe every once and a while.

I want to get the new Bendix master cylinder put on the car Thursday morning before it gets hot.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-21-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wit the help of my 11 year old granddaughter I bleed the brakes today. I have a 1/3rd peddle travel before firming up. Not good enough for driving around on the highways. I have some brakes now and could remount the wheels and take a small ride. But I would have to remove them all again to re bleed after replacing the master cylinder, and repairing the steering rack bushing

I don't want to go backwards so I'll sit here until I get the brakes working correctly.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It`s looking good Joe.
Hope to see it at the next event.
Mike
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

It`s looking good Joe.
Hope to see it at the next event.
Mike

Me too !!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grand children are back home.

I finished adjusting the parking brake, and now have 7 clicks to hard parking brake. I added a locking nut to the threaded end of the passenger side cable before I adjusted the slack out of the cables. Both rear rotors still spin smoothly. This raised my peddle height to about 3/4 of the travel height. I'll live with that for now.

My 'Brake' failure light in the gauge pod is now off with the engine running.

Torqued down both rear axle nuts to 200 Ft. lbs

I am gonna remove the brake pads from my wife's Elantra this afternoon to add the anti squeal stuff. I didn't have any spray to add when I replaced her pads a while back. That squeal is driving us crazy. Got a new can of the spray from NAPA a few days ago.

Finished with the Elantra.

I have to mow in the AM, I want to remove the spare tire tub from the front compartment so I can spray down the rack mounting bolts several times over the weekend with PB Blaster. I want to get the rack out for repair. I will be ordering Rodney's 88 rack bushing Wednesday.

and

and

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-23-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Got finished with supper and went back out to the shop to remove the spare tire tub. After I got it out it appeared that the bolts were totally clean, so I gave them each a good shot of spray, and took a chance. All four loosened up and came out. I put the two lower ones back in the mounts because I have to get the tie rods and steering coupler loose some time in the next two days. I need to get to Autozone and rent their small pitman arm removing tool.

I can not beleive that they all came out so easy. I have had cold sweats thinking about busted off mounting bolts.
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have some brakes now and could remount the wheels and take a small ride. But I would have to remove them all again to re bleed after replacing the master cylinder, and repairing the steering rack bushing

You have a hell of alot more patience then I do. I would have put the wheels on and taken it for a ride even if I could only stop by using the ebrake. I know what you must be feeling right now. Sooooo close but waiting on the last few parts. I couldn't sleep for 5 days waiting for the last part to come in.

Go Joe!! That Caddy-Pon will be moving shortly!!

Caddy-Pon = Joes patented term:

Originally Posted by: Someone with ALOT of freakin' time on their hands.

DISCLAIMER
This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final.
This supersedes all previous notices.

Just covering all bases to make sure your rights are protected.

EDIT: Not to be confused with...
Pontillac, Caddyiac, Ponticad, Cadero, Severo, Eldero, Fleetero, Fielle, Fiewood, Fieado, or any other Cadillac/Pontiac/Fiero hybred names. Not for use without expressed written concent.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 07-23-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man you must-a got lucky last night with all that spunk this morning. Thats a lot of typing !!!
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. Just got some sleep last night for the first time all week!! Insomnia sucks! (I didn't type the entire disclaimer, I should fix that)

Oh. Almost forgot Fierillac.

EDIT: Disclaimer fixed.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 07-23-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finished mowing , and went out in the shop for a bit. I removed the cotter pins from the tie rod ends and loosened the nut until the top was flush with the top of the stud. Sat a bottle jack underneath the knuckle's arm, then I put a 2 X 4 on top of the nut. I gave it a nice blow with a hammer. Both sides popped loose. One good blow was all it took on either side of the car. I'll fight the coupler in the morning.

Shower time. Through for the day.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006
I had to put the anti squeal spray on my wife's brake pads. I didn't use any when I did the brakes on my 86 Coupe 3 years ago. Anybody know if the 88's need this on the pads, or if it is recommended ? 88 FSM doesn't mention using any. The 88's also have the 'pad' retainer spring-ie thingies that my 86 didn't have.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-23-2010).]

Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't use any on my 88 calipers. Haven't had any noise.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put my new master cylinder on the car this afternoon after bench bleeding it. I have a nice peddle now.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock