Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73477 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Getting closer to the final product !

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more,...

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-07-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The side flare modification is completed. Dan has performed tweak-beautifications flawlessly and I'm very, very pleased with the end results. We have a few addition radius modifications to the two main vents and that's about it. Yes. The nose is aggressive which is needed in order to match the Mad Arch wide body kit. The good news: if I happened to encounter an accident-I know where to get another one. I truly like one-offs, but I don’t like repeating the process all over again.

Edit: pics sent to exoticse.
------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-11-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The side flare modification is completed. Dan has performed tweak-beautifications flawlessly and I'm very, very pleased with the end results. We have a few addition radius modifications to the two main vents and that's about it. Yes. The nose is aggressive which is needed in order to match the Mad Arch wide body kit. The good news: if I happened to encounter an accident-I know where to get another one. I truly like one-offs, but I don’t like repeating the process all over again.

Edit: pics sent to exoticse.

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Much better looking now, in my opinion.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

more pics from madcurl

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweak, tweak !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Thanks Tony for posting picks. After talking it over with the "League of Chop top Super Friends," (V8Archie, Troyboy, & Exoticse) it was decided to add a 2" drop to the nose to even out things. 2" is similar to the 1990 concept Fieros nose spoiler (using my finger measurements) during the 25th

Yes. Crude instrument used, but I now have an idea of how long the part is. The add-on appears to be plastic, but I'm not sure.

Appears to be bit taller in the rear vs the front.

A slight inner angle on the turn signal opening.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fresh stuff.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-08-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finished !

PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finished !

So overall, the fiberglass bumper has been a great piece to work on? When does it get primed/painted?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Tony for posting and resizing pics. This week prep and gel coating followed by the buck/& then the mold. What's next? the side fenders.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New pics with glazing material now on ready for molds. I sent pics to Tony. I hope to have the nose on #015 something in Oct.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New pics with glazing material now on ready for molds. I sent pics to Tony. I hope to have the nose on #015 something in Oct.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan is doing a great job on #015 nose. Sanding out the high and low areas prior to glazing. Pics sent to Exoticse.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-10-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dan is doing a great job on #015 nose. Sanding out the high and low areas prior to glazing. Pics sent to Exoticse.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-10-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THAT IS AMAZING.... You both know that if it is not a 'one off' then its someone elses ideas.... Keep up the great work yall. But, I am taking notes of course.... Yall have raised the bar while I was gone, I will never catch up.... But, I have to atleast try...

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
(r.i.p.)
" SmoothGT-'w8c' ".....
rough est. date 04/02/2011.....

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
345/25/20 at a record low $480 bucks. Some type of close-out deal? I recall getting a set back in jun2004 for $418 a tire and the highest I've seen peeked around $600?

Vehicle: 00 XXXX KIT CAR - FIERO
Qty

Size and Description

Availability

Price Each

Total Price

2 345/25YR-20 Pirelli PZero Rosso Asimmetrico Back Ordered $416.00 $832.00

http://www.tirerack.com/tir...R00ARV2OLD&tab=Sizes

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-13-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Done molding ?
PFF
System Bot
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Curly,
We have a price war going on here $1.41 for regular!

Jim

LMBO at this... Could anyone imagine how high gas would have gotten in 2009 when this was posted? This quote was posted in 2004. 5 years later the price was nearly 4x that ammount! And they were griping about that price! LOL

Man the good ole days of $1.xx/gallon. AHH...I miss those days.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me in line for one of these noses. Great work.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yessssssss !
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Looking mold. bumper looks real good but that mold looks very good. I know I'm a glass geek
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

Nice Looking mold. bumper looks real good but that mold looks very good. I know I'm a glass geek

Dan (Fiberglass expert for Fiero Fiberglass) has over 20 years experience in building multi million dollar fiberglass boats from scratch.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of Three:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 of 3: completed.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This week Jan 5th, 2011 I hope to pick-up the nose at the Greyhound station.

update: Nose is somewhere in transit. I'll check back on Friday.

UNDER THE CLOAK OF DARKNESS:

I arrived about 04:45 in the morning-way before the crack of dawn. I didn't want to drive 100 miles (round trip) so I decided to "bite the bullet," brave the freezing weather, and drive with the top down.

The nose arrived this past Saturday.

10JAN2011:

I took part of the day off trying to get some sleep. I called Dan (the man) to tell him about the great job he did on the heavily modified Fiero nose. Even the way the nose was wrapped indicated perfection. Heck, I took the time to split and cut the wrapping-just incase I need to send a nose back for additional tweaking. Every angle of the nose was perfectly covered and protected.

Despite that-the package took 7-days for delivery due in part of bad weather, but I'm okay with that since Greyhound took good care in shipping the part to CA from FL. They did poke a hole in the pic, but no damage. The nose rode on several trips-five total. At the end of the day, Greyhound is better than UPS & FedX especially on the cost.

Once again-excellent packaging. Time and care was clearly seen here.

Excellent workmanship inside and out.

I'll need to save the skins for later shipping (just in case), hehe.

Vents are more aggressive and wider-just the way a Fiero should be.

The side vents (I'll have them cut out prior to paint)

During the production stage, Dan informed me that the nose is very aggressive and the picture doesn't capture the true look of the nose. I now believe him.

All eyes on #015.

The nose is freakishly aggressive. The rake is unbelievable!

I didn't have enough time to mount the nose. My good neighbor spotted me putting on the nose, so we chatted a few. I'll resume on Tuesday, but I might heat-up the garage and get the nose on later tonight. I have to cut some portion of the egg crate away since the main opening are directly above the egg crate material.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-10-2011).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice, now it's time to paint the car.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that is tweeking !

Man i love the aero nose, i just think it needs a little love, and that is exactly what you did ! No need to re-invent the wheel, just give it a little twist, awesome job Dan.

Troy did the same thing on the Perfect Union, and both give a refreshing more exotic look to the standard fiero nose.

Curly i am shocked the vendors are not lining up to have you design products for them, considering some of the blah stuff i have seen cranked out in the past.

You and Troy have taken the fiero to unchartered territory that i don't think even the boys at GM would have dreamed up.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-11-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This pic is a inside joke, hehe.

It never cease to amaze me that when ever I get the time to work on my cars-it's freakishly cold.

I bought this space heater last year. The other heaters pass out on me. Let's see how long it will last!

I had to remove the egg crate cushion for now. I'll cut away the part that's in the way of the two main openings.

Not to high and not too low.

Truly a Fiero nose-just tweaked.

The official height without a drop. I think this height is low enough for me.

A real world measurement.

Although I won't be using the stock turn signals-the clearance and openings are near perfect.

Barely enough clearance on the sides.

I saw a friends Porsche and he used a mesh screen around his PIAA fog lamps. I think I'll be doing the same.

The Theme: The aggressive dual front openings matches the duel hood vents.

Next on the list is the mounting of the driving lamp and PIAA lamps from troyboy. Thanks Troy.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-11-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Pipe dreams are real.

before pic:

After pic:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly you have a serious tire collection going on there.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
before:

after:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Cell phone video. It's horrible-I know, hehe.

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly you have a serious tire collection going on there.

Or is it a tire addiction?????
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good... Can't wait until #14 comes out of hibernation...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little confused.

Madcurl you using the lights in this pic ?

Or the ones in the following pic ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-18-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock