Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73474 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The plan of attack;

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-19-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-22-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tweeking has begun !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-22-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
More !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-22-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Curly i noticed you did not make any notations about the arrowhead and the beltline,...aren't they being deleated ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Curly i noticed you did not make any notations about the arrowhead and the beltline,...aren't they being deleated ?

Yeah, at the time I forgot to mention it, but I talked to Dan regarding it and he'll glass over the small area.

Now to order a set of these puppies!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-22-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More nose progress to show !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Center nose piece reworked !

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's some next level work you're doing, keep it up.

The bottom of the center opening isn't going to be deflecting air away from any part of the radiator, is it? Maybe it just looks that way because the front edge is thinner than normal.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look what "Brown" dropped off today. The MadArch fender flares.

Professionally package.

Excellent quality.

Excellent fit;

Oh yeah baby! Awaiting the front bumper.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-01-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Fender wraps over the 18x8.5
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The new nose is coming together nicely !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
More you say ? ooooook !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw #015 facsia and the nose looks like it's moving on steroids, hehe. The JOM 6" driving lamps are in place and awaiting Troyboy's PIAA fog lamps.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-09-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I just saw #015 facsia and the nose looks like it's moving on steroids, hehe. The JOM 6" driving lamps are in place and awaiting Troyboy's PIAA fog lamps.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-10-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl

Have you check to see if the bumper will fit over the absorver after the mods ?

Are you planning on using any type of mesh behind the openings ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Madcurl

Have you check to see if the bumper will fit over the absorver after the mods ?

If you noticed--nothing dramatically has changed; just the angles. The depth remains the same except the new location for the lamps will be moved forward

The OEM egg crate rubber absorber will no doubt need modification near the center where the large opening is raised,

but other-than-that all other lights are either; moved forward and away from the body (driving lamps) where the original turn signal lamps are mounted thus more room.

The fog lamps will be positioned a bit lower than where #022 was placed thus no abstruction.

The side vents are pointed down and inward.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-11-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm surprised no one asked about this. Do you have any pic of the hinges?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Madcurl

Yes.

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

I'm surprised no one asked about this. Do you have any pic of the hinges?

Sorry, no close-ups of the VDC kit. The pics were from a web page featured here on Pennocks.

In other news; #015 nose is coming along very nicely with the JOM lamps staggered just below Troy boy’s fog lamps. Dan and I agreed that the JOM look far better being fitted on the bottom so that we could exploit the lamps chrome bezel. Dan tried both options, but the later was deemed the best look for what I wanted. I sent examples to exoticse for visuals.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#015 nose is coming along very nicely with the JOM lamps staggered just below Troy boy’s fog lamps. Dan and I agreed that the JOM look far better being fitted on the bottom so that we could exploit the lamps chrome bezel. Dan tried both options, but the later was deemed the best look for what I wanted. I sent examples to exoticse for visuals.

First up,.. exploring the options.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-16-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

final decision !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for resizing and posting pics (I'm too busy working). As you can see-the lights aren't positioned correctly and are placed soley for visuals. Next week Dan will tweak the JOM lights with a roof that will separate it from the fog lamps. The housing around the fog lamps will be funneled towards the lights in a cone-like fashion. Also, the two main grills will be tweaked for grills similar to #020. It's rough, but coming along nicely.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-16-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
progress.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-21-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
looking good curls !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-21-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

looking good curls !

Thanks Tony.

Update; Dan has tweaked #015 nose similar to that of the NSX lower front lip spoiler and has now smoothed out the area for better visuals. Indeed the nose appears more Pontiac OEM-like, but with an aggressive stance and pitch. Also, the octagon mock-up grills are in place.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Tony.

Update; Dan has tweaked #015 nose similar to that of the NSX lower front lip spoiler and has now smoothed out the area for better visuals. Indeed the nose appears more Pontiac OEM-like, but with an aggressive stance and pitch. Also, the octagon mock-up grills are in place.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based upon the pictures I'm going with example B. The mock-up grill placement looks better towards the back verses closer to the front, because it highlights the center piece.

Example A

Example B
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like "B" too, But I would keep the LED day time driving lights mounted on top and drop the fog lights I gave you. I would go with smaller round Hella fog lights and hide them in the center grill.

Hella Micro DE Xenon HID driving lights

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I like "B" too, But I would keep the LED day time driving lights mounted on top and drop the fog lights I gave you. I would go with smaller round Hella fog lights and hide them in the center grill.

As usual-you're most likely are right.

Update: Dan had time to mount the Nose and I think it's a winner. It looks like the car is in flight while it's parked. Aggressive? Yes. Attitude? Yes. Ferrari/lamborghini? No.

Pics sent to Tony. Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-24-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nose mounted on mock-up car !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-24-2010).]

2Fast2Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast2FieroSend a Private Message to 2Fast2FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice car. I'm loving those rims

------------------
Mister I Dont Play Around!!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2Fast2Fiero:

nice car. I'm loving those rims

Thanks. I finally learned to have the backside of the rims polished with a clear coat.

Backside views and things; HRE 20x12 with stainless steel fastners and fully polished/clear coated inner barrels.

Stainlees steel fasteners and hardware: Notice the nearly unnoticable valve stem caps on front views. After many thieves stealing my caps over the yrs...they now have to look very, very hard for them!

Backside polished/clear coated (I've learned my lesson over the yrs...painted centers/clear coated inners = less elbow work

Notice the amount of weight reduction by the triangular cut-outs on the backside mounting surface.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pardon me for the bump. Dan and I are comparing notes. However, new pics on Wednesday.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-27-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few additional modifications are still needed and the plan is too now move the sides outward a bit-similar to what was performed on the original nose to prevent the front tires from sticking outward. It's a bit annoying for all 88s, especially with 8.5 rims up front.

Meanwhile, a few pics. Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-29-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wing tips down:

Widening out:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not feeling the extra non-vent area. We'll need to come-up with something a bit better. I saw a Pontica 2010 (or 2009?) G8. I was digging the side marker light.

Due to time, I was goofing out with the pin-strip tape.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock