Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73477 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
Sharkman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking real good.
Any information about the trunk oil/gas shock. I need something too avoid my trunk too
fly up too fast without the GT wing on. What are the size of those rims? 19"

I am trying too get a sponsor for mine.
Looking at Antera 309, 19" and they are $$$ in Sweden

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 12-09-2004).]

IP: Logged
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MC, can't help but notice how far the wheels stick out (both front and rear), reminds of that rollerskate phad that was going on a couple years ago. Do you plan to flare your fenders out to cover the wheels, or did you just throw those on there for a kick?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Choptop

The wheels were originally meant for the much beefier Fiero Redux, which has a flared front and rear.

I think he is giving these a run on #15 to see if they will work on it, or if he will have to go with something else.

You knoooooow Curly is not going bone stock with the body so there will definatly be some body modifications whichever wheels he decides to go with.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-09-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought those wheels looked famiular...lol

------------------
-----just me-----
------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Looking real good.
Any information about the trunk oil/gas shock. I need something too avoid my trunk too
fly up too fast without the GT wing on. What are the size of those rims? 19"

I am trying too get a sponsor for mine.
Looking at Antera 309, 19" and they are $$$ in Sweden

They are 19's front and 20's rear.

DUB 101:
I was testing the 88 for clearance issues prior to body modifications. As Songman and I concluded, the 255/30/19 did fit w/o any rubbing in both directions. A old archive thread demonstrated it on Songman's 88 that the 255's cleared the rear's but I wasn't for sure about the fronts. Due to the weather, I had no choice but to drive it in the rain! PZeros are not a all-out rain tire vs. the Toyos on #11.

Power sterring issues? None. Using the 255's? Much better vs. 215's.

As was stated by Exoticse, #15 will be beefier and lower in the front.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just filled up Premium Unleaded 93 Octane for $1.859 I suppose it pays to live near the refineries

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And thats Bakersfield's prices! In the Bay Area it's much higher. Premium is $2.79 in certain places. In #15 i have no choice but to use premium fuel. The 300 N* somehow likes the higher octane. Outside CA, I can use mid-grade w/o any problems. I think it has something to do with the additives in CA fuels?

While going to the SEMA show, I seen premium around $3.09!

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly,
We have a price war going on here $1.41 for regular!

Jim

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Curly,
We have a price war going on here $1.41 for regular!

Jim

Sell it on Ebay@!!!!!

Nice car by the way. With the 300hp N* can you have duel exhaust tips?

I just looked back and noticed only one tip. Is there a reason you can't have it, even though the original car the engine was from had duel tips? CA nazi's can kiss my SS.

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 12-13-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

Sell it on Ebay@!!!!!

Nice car by the way. With the 300hp N* can you have duel exhaust tips?

I just looked back and noticed only one tip. Is there a reason you can't have it, even though the original car the engine was from had duel tips? CA nazi's can kiss my SS.

Thanks. Your correct. It's because the N* only comes with a single cat and not two. D1S uses a two cat system for better flow and for a uniform look. Although two may be better than one, CA Reps allow only one. For CA owners, D1S lets their customers use a single cat until it passes and then they send it back or to the next guy up for tags.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Thanks. Your correct. It's because the N* only comes with a single cat and not two. D1S uses a two cat system for better flow and for a uniform look. Although two may be better than one, CA Reps allow only one. For CA owners, D1S lets their customers use a single cat until it passes and then they send it back or to the next guy up for tags.

Damn Commies... Hows it going MadMan...??

------------------
"EuroSmooth"
Side Skirts

~GTStyle(Feb. 15th hopefully)
~Coupe Style (March 15th hopefully)
Sidescoops
~A.K.Plasma (March 1st hopefully)

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It has begun.

Sizzling !

THis is going to be special !

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
{just broke jaw when it hit my knees....}

Man, I can't wait until this is done... and you are right.. It is going to be special, very special!!

Me is jealous...

------------------
Happy New Year 2005... :wtf:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New Bumper on.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the ride Curly, I had a blast
That car looks great and will be another head turner. I could not get over the rear end view (following the car) because the rear wheels are SSSSOOOOOOOO wide It has lots of cool mods. I am looking forward to seeing it again.

------------------

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

New Bumper on.

Hard to tell from that angle... Is that just a 'stock' rear bumper..??

I am still jealous...

------------------
"EuroSmooth Fiberglass Products"

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Hard to tell from that angle... Is that just a 'stock' rear bumper..??

I am still jealous...

It might appear to be stock at first glance but if u look closer u will see that it has been flared out to compensate for the massive 305's in the back.

The stock bumper measurement is 4" at this location, madcurl had his extended out to 8 "

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look what the madman has got his hands on now !

The newest Vette lamps !

And you thought the celica lamps on the redux were hot .

Can't forget the side lights.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-01-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pace is heating up as the clock ticks down toward Daytona so madcurl has rolled up his sleeves and
started slinging glass in the race to get his car ready !

Madcurl is using fiero fender panels, some ausie door rocker trim, and a soon to be modified Archie IRM style rocker to create a side vent molding (similair to the one seen on Alex's plazma car, but different):

A simple fiero fender panel added to the rear provides a much needed beefier wide body effect to offset the large wheels and compliment the new side vent treatment:

Once everything is glassed into place and smoothed over this will be one simple super mod !

Don't know about you but i can't wait to see this car at Daytona !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-03-2005).]

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Madcurl going to have this car in Daytona next month ?
I have to say that car is turning out great.
Just last week I was at at Chevy dealership and was looking at a Corvette and I was thinking " those light would look good on a Fiero.... now I can't wait to see them on his car.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man That Looks Like Fun
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Is Madcurl going to have this car in Daytona next month ?
I have to say that car is turning out great.
Just last week I was at at Chevy dealership and was looking at a Corvette and I was thinking " those light would look good on a Fiero.... now I can't wait to see them on his car.

Yes the car will be at Daytona,...it won't be finished or painted, but it will be there. Even half done this car will be a show stopper.

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use of the front fender is ingenious. That has so much potential.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Love this thread
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2005 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Using the front fenders are something that I never had in mind. But WOW.
Cant wait too see that glased in place. (have 2 fenders in the garage...)

Plus for that ide

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 02-05-2005).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2005 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2005 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

Use of the front fender is ingenious. That has so much potential.

Madcurl has sooooooo many good ideas rolling around in his head you would not believe it.

This guy has incredible vision.

Just wait till you see some of his other upcoming stuff. It gets even better.

slickrick2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2005 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So after you glass that on the rear fender, do you go back and cut out any excess underneath? If not doesn't it make it quite a bit heavier?

Rick

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2005 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Getting things smoothed in:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some new interior hardware

More pics from the body shop

Hard to tell from this view but the angle of the IRMs may have been changed ?

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is gonna be better then the "Redux"...

------------------
"EuroSmooth Fiberglass Products"

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok here are some better angles of the modified Archie IRM rockers:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: Ausie's door rockers.

We first started with the doors due to them next to the IRM rockers following the design that I had drawn from the gun metal choptop pic. I had to reshape the mold a little and make a cut for the door handles. The door handles were shaved down a little by 3/4" The key hole is still funtional. We will use a rubber gromett inside the hole. I'm not really a fan of pop-doors due to issues that I've seen.

Next, we moved onto the IRM. We moved or flared out part of the lower portion were the 305's where sticking out. On my next visit, I'll start on the driver's side and repeat the process followed by the rear bumper. Doug, at Fiero Warehouse shipped the front spoiler so it should be at the shop by now. If I have time, I'll have the front bumper flared out like the Redux but this time it will be different.

On another note: I may be off Pennock's due to Dale closing his web site. His site is going off-line today so this may be my last post. If you have any questions regarding this thread or others, I won't be able to answer them, sorry.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by slickrick2000:

So after you glass that on the rear fender, do you go back and cut out any excess underneath? If not doesn't it make it quite a bit heavier?

Rick

There is some weight gain once the flaring is added even though most of the excess fiberglass is removed. All-n-all there was maybe 3" of flaring near the middle downward. The same would be said of the Ausie door rocker. Although I did loose some weight with removing the old steeering wheel and getting the MOMO. Man that stock sterring wheel is heavy. I even have more room for my fat gut now, hehehehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-07-2005).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I even have more room for my fat gut now, hehehehe.

Got Pic's..??

Looking GREAT!! How are you gonna finish off the rear 'fenders' at the rear of the door..??

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Got Pic's..??

Looking GREAT!! How are you gonna finish off the rear 'fenders' at the rear of the door..??

Stay tuned. I'll be back on the 16th. That's win the fun starts all over again.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2005 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cardboard mockup of proposed vent addition to rear bumper:

slickrick2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2005 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, lotsa pretty radical body changes. I love it!

Can't wait to see more. Looks great.

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2005 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i cant wait to see more either, i dont think anything could have been done better!

justin

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Madcurl back at it again preparing for Daytona

First some new arrivals:

Can you say VDC ? Lambo doors here we come !

Meanwhile work continuing on modding up and resphaping the Archie IRM rocker on the other side of the car. Here you can see the vent cut back and being prepped to be flared out wider to hug those huge 20's ! :

A glimpse at the inside:

Yet another view:

Madcurl's philosphy don't just buy it and bolt it on, tweek it to your own unique style !

Taking a brief break to visit Orville's field of dreams:

Hmmmmm now what does Curly have in mind for that old rear clip ?? Hehehehe.

Aside from the vette lamps this may be the best part yet ! Stay tuned !!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock