Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73478 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Good luck!!!!
We hope so too!

During my DUB visit, somebody else was getting his DUBs installed on his "expensive" ride. We talked for several hours regarding rims/engine/cars and even #020. I got the okay by him too, but I forgot to get the thumbs-up pic...darn it! Anyway, he did view the pics Archie had posted and he liked it.

Fabio's V12. From what he told me, it's around 700HP and very quiet too.

He's rollin on DUBs on all corners (305/25/20 R & 255/30/20 F). He was at the shop to re-install the rims since Fabio had hit some pot holes and bent all (3) rims. He said that the air sensor system on the Mercedes is around 7k, which made my Dakota Digital air system seem cheap, hehe. I mentioned to him that the Lion hart wheels were one of my choices, but they didn't flow with my car's theme.

#020 Lion Hart rim test: 10/22/05

Meanwhile, there's trouble in Paradise. Shop #2 scratched my rim! It's on the inner side of the lip so it won't show.

Troubles continued: While airing up one of the rims, they accidently broke the valve stem,...aaahhh!

Problem solved: They had replacements.

Tire on:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-01-2008).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Distractions continued: G35 tricked out. Nice orange paint job. Alexfierowidebody,Troy or 4.9 style.

The carbon fiber trunk lid isn't real, but is actually layered in some fashion. The shop mentioned they can perform the same process on many surfaces.

I liked the color of the car, but the orange rims..I wasn't feeling it. I think a black center would have been a better choice.

I like how the black carbon broke-up the orange paint job, like this front lip spoiler. The black accents might be a option instead of painting the entire Fiero orange color IMO.

This DUB was on the black F430 conv. I think the tire size is 335? But it is a 20"

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-26-2007).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more pictures of that G35? Like the whole car?

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Any more pictures of that G35? Like the whole car?

I couldn't, because the G35 was inside of booth with limited side room while the guy was getting a interior/stereo upgrade, but I was able to take a frontal pic.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
DUBS: BMW in need of a good wash, but the rims....priceless.

295/25/22 R

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-26-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly when is #15 getting rimmed up ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-26-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Curly when is #15 getting rimmed up ?

Bump
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump

Trouble in Paradise: Round freckin III continued.

I've been on a two week vacation, trying to enjoy life outside the Fiero world (I know it's hard to believe, but it can be done).

Anyway, my outcome with F1 Motorsport wasn't what I was expected. Did they mount the tires? Yes. However, they broke the valve stems ( I mentioned that already) plus my $200 dollor digital air sensors....yeah not one, but two of them and let me not forget, they scratched my rims. As you can see from the previous pics, I documented everthing leaving them little room to weasel out of it!

Between my blackouts, I was on the phone with HRE airing my anger. This is HRE response:

Hello Curley & Steve.......
>
> Attached is HRE Repair Invoice ***** for 2ea. 547R
> 20" wheels w/ tires & sensors to be shipped to HRE
> per Mounting & Balancing....
>
> I have cc'd our shipping department to make
> arrangements per Pick UP @ F1 Motorosports &
> Delivery to HRE of your 20" wheels & Tires....
>
> Could you box & label the wheels with Return # *****
> for our reference, I will have our shipping dept.
> fax the call tag information & instructions.....
>
>
> HRE Shipping Dept. Pick & Delivery w/ Cal Overnight

Conclusion: HRE made good on their promise. S&R, mounting & balance, and rebuffing of rims..all free of charge.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-07-2008).]

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aww man, that really sucks!! Good thing they are going to fix this for ya, I can't wait to see the progress!! Faster!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update ?

The 547s will be delivered this week and some good news from HRE regarding the rims.

Hello Curley,
"We will not need to redo the inner
polish clear finish after all....the peeling finish was actually clear
tape applied to the inside which misled me to think the clear had an
issue. Powder Clear usually does not peel. I have attached your revised
invoice & will proceed with cleaning the outer finish polish + M&B."

I forgot to remove the clear tape prior to mounting the tires. Oh well, that clear tape saved my inner rim finish. I also talked to a shipper on Monday about towing one of my choppers out to Archie's for the 25th.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-16-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update ?

I got a call from HRE today and a email:
"I am pushing to ship today or Friday!!!!

I will contact you once ready."

HRE PERFORMANCE WHEELS
From: Between The ATL and Augusta in a land of deer and cows

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007Send a Private Message to 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!! I'm trying to catch up on people's progress here on the forum, it has been awhile. Good to see it will all work out. How is the progress on your other rides? I was thinking of a mad creation myself. Hopefully soon I can share in the dream with the rest of you. Continued good luck to you.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 007:

Wow!!! I'm trying to catch up on people's progress here on the forum, it has been awhile. Good to see it will all work out. How is the progress on your other rides? I was thinking of a mad creation myself. Hopefully soon I can share in the dream with the rest of you. Continued good luck to you.

Yeah, HRE kept their promise in peformed the 345 installs (free of charge and shipping). No pics of the process, but the guys did mentioned they needed to have a smoke right after man-handling the massive rollors. I think in the future I'll bypass the 345 and get the 325s. As for the rundown on the other projects, I'm experiencing battery issues with both choptops even though the battery is disconnected. No problem since Auto Store replaced one of them free of charge ($80); I'm awaiting a new replacement on #015 since it's a newer battery than #011.

The last time #015 battery went out was on my trip back from FL in 2005 or so.

#011; new battery, re-install custom dash, and chrome pieces.
#015; needs a new battery, removing old fuel lines, newer style headlamps, and now DUB installs.
#020; awaiting mock-up for C6 flipper.
The Redux; on major back order and is currently parked w/car cover.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-20-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's time to get busy!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-01-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Testing for possible issues using stock suspension; conclusion-none.

Using 345 rubbers on 12" there is no interference; as was noted on #013 and #022.

Now onto removing the jack stands for visuals.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have digital pics on Friday, right now these are the ole' camera pics, hehe.

I got the rims, lowered the chopper, and found no issues. I had spent most of my time cleaning part of the garage; replacing old radiator hoses, checking the battery, and fuel line.

Replacing fuel lines: all day job when it's 44 degrees inside the garage!

It took me several trys getting the hose sheild to stay put; do I start from the top and go down or down and go upward? I started from the bottom and proceeded upward while debris was falling onto my face and eyes! Something that so simple takes an hour to finish.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-02-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Side profile:

passenger side rear view:

front passenger side view:

Passenger front:

rear:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Visual clearances: stock 88

One finger pic:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dangggggggggg Curly that is just sick !!!

Ouch i think somebody just stepped on my tongue !
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spot a 20: At 5" lip, I'm 1" too short, hehe.

A lot of freckin weights! Due to the Dakota Digital's air sensor.

Three of the Corvette 13" rotors are chrome domed; I hate rustic hats.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Totally, totally awesome !

Curly is it me or does the front tire seems kinda low, and there seems to be a lot of front wheel gap ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly is it me or does the front tire seems kinda low, and there seems to be a lot of front wheel gap ?

Yeah, I think it's a very slow leak or normal leak; however the tire was mounted last September (5-months ago). I'll take the tire/rim to a wheel shop and use their tire tub to check for leaks. I hope it's not the three peice seal leak, but rather a bead leak or valve stem.

As for the wheel gap, it's due to the tire being an 18" and not a 19" that normally run upfront; plus the fender cap isn't on and the car hasn't settled yet. I haven't driven the car since I removed the DUBs for #020. I'm thinking of getting 1" lowering springs which will be just enough clearance if I should decide to switch back.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Nearly straight-up corner tire lip; granted a 325/25/20 would have worked too. However, the very minor bulging over the rim lip isn't enough to prevent curb rash. The 345 measure are 13.63 or so across (bead-to-bead) and the rim lip measure is 13.5" (lip-to-lip) which leaves .13" divided by 2 = .065

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-03-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloscott:

You should fid a shop that will mount those tires quicker so we can hurry up and see how great they look on your car.
Scott

I talked to HRE last Wednesday about my concerns regarding the mounting of 345s using an extreme 5" outer lip. Conclusion; A special notation for rims (20x12-13") with outer extreme 5" lip or more; the two shops are now removed from the "list."

Cost involved;

1. $80 bucks that F1Motoring charged me for scratching my rims and failure in mounting the tires and 13:30 to 17:00 spent at the shop.

2. $190 buck that F1 paid for replacing the Dakota Digital tire sensors + s&h.

3. HRE cost of mounting them (they normally charge $40 bucks per tire) x tires = $80 bucks.

4. Shipping and recieving (mine were partly mounted) $50 bucks or so per tire to HRE x 2 = $100 buckeroos!

5. Shipping mounted tire/rim to customer maybe $100 bucks?

Total for HRE = $320 s&r x 4 plus mounting (guessing here).

F1 Motoring = $190 plus s&r

Curley = $30 bucks in gas, $80 bucks for failed attempt in mounting the suckers ( I know, I could have not paid), a good 8 hours or so waisted in getting the tires mounted.

Lessons learned: avoid all headaches by having The Tire Rack send the 345s directly to HRE and have HRE mount them.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-03-2008).]

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curley, are you running the stock 5x100 bolt pattern? And do you have the part # on those rims?

Thanks
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Hey Curley, are you running the stock 5x100 bolt pattern? And do you have the part # on those rims?

Thanks

Correct. 5x100. The numbers are etched into the metel on the backside on every rim made by HRE. If you decide to buy, make sure you use specs from #011 for non-widebody Fiero. Keep in mind, #011 uses a Ryan/Held suspension (increased clearance for the fronts). As for widebody rims; #013, 015 &, 022 are all different even though all are widebodies. Each were made to the owners specifications that were based upon #020.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always continue to think outside the box, always try to be different.

#015 outdated roof line and IMO ugly squared corner.

Notice the curved roof line on the Lotus Elise

Old idea found on the Redux, but in this case,I'll increase the curvuture

Sorry about camera phone pics hehe.

Coming full circle: notice the nice curved shape of the roof.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-17-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Springing a leak; the crappy nipples are not made of the same grade as regular radiator hose, therefor every year or so, I need to replace this crap with another nipple cap. However, I had enough of this crap by buying a splice kit and bypass this problem.

It's been three years and I finally got around to removing this problem. I need to do the same to #020. For the life of me, I hate Kevin's poor excuse for using this crap!

Both sides are completed.

Additional lip is now needed.

Back end up for fluids and getting out the air pockets.

Geezs, the fuel lines were giving me some issues so after the first two tries, I decide to watch the Star Wars Video and come back later. After I came back later, the N* started on the forth attempt and then I focused on the air pockets in the system. At 23:30hr I think I've gotten all of the air pockets out of the system.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-16-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was unable to retrieve the lost pics from my Lotus trip, but I was able to find of few of the dash.
Dash #015; Dakota Digital gauges, MOMO steering wheel and MOMO aluminum shifter knob.

6x9 up front and the two vents are from the Mustang 2005.

The upper Fiero dash was matted w/new faux carbon material, the same as #011.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three finger Louie, (coughs) I mean Curley, hehe. The needed clearance for 20s is 3 1/2 fingers. Here I'm 1/2 finger too short.

or 2" using 275, 305, 325, & 345. I'm not quite clearing 2".

D1S power steering to aid in moving 19/20 or 18/20 combos

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

#015 just got sprung using front 1" drop springs for 2 1/2 finger clearance, hehe. The fronts will vary from 24.8 to 25.01" using different 18/19 combinations.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah baby, 20x13 with a 5" lips on 345/25/20 (rear) and 19x9 (front) that's what I'm talking bout'

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-18-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Same set-up on #013 (1" less on inner rears, but same outer lip size), but IMO sweeter on a Fiero.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-18-2008).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice. That car is amazing.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took a peak at #015. Can't wait to get it back to Chicago! A shameless bump.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-10-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The wheels are turning in Curly's head,...look out !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah baby, just what I figured. Gleaning ideas from the 25th.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, cause good thread should never die.

In order to save #020; currently #015 taken out of commission for a few months.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock