Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73477 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

A little confused.

Madcurl you using the lights in this pic ?

Or the ones in the following pic ?

There he goes changing things up again. lol
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly any word on operation Hail Mary ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hail_Mary_pass
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly any word on operation Hail Mary ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hail_Mary_pass

I need to call him on Thursdays for the details.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's up with the wheel gap on the daily driver !??

You know how the old saying goes,...it's (the wheelgap) too big, it's too big !! hehehe

The Problem solver came in the mail, hehe.

Fully adjustable coil-overs.

PRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRFieroSend a Private Message to PRFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these for sale? If so how much they are going for? are they going to be available in Daytona?
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PRFiero:

Are these for sale? If so how much they are going for? are they going to be available in Daytona?

If your talking about the Front Bumper, the answers are no & no
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#015: You're next!

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@madcurl
Are we EVER going to see any of these cars finish besides #11.... Well I guess number #11 is under the knife again...

PS
I do think exoticse will be finish before any of your x5 will.

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 05-01-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

@madcurl
Are we EVER going to see any of these cars finish besides #11.... Well I guess number #11 is under the knife again...

PS
I do think exoticse will be finish before any of your x5 will.

Well, you know I like to multi-task. If Tony and you could would bring your cars to D12 (completed)-that would help. I could then drop #015 off at Dan's place and have the tweaking performed and fly out to D12. Hmm...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When will work commence ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-05-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When will work commence ?

During Octoberfest.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly i know they are top secret, but have you finalized the Mad Arch tweeks for #15 or are there things you are still considering ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly i know they are top secret, but have you finalized the Mad Arch tweeks for #15 or are there things you are still considering ??

Those tweak were finalized months ago after I got the sail glass window. I did my crude measurements and called Trendzs for windows. Once I realized they fit like a glove all things started to come together including the nose tweaks from Dan in FL. Dan was really the icing on the cake for without nose tweaks-why bother. The MadArch wide body kit needs a nose to match the rest of the body. After all, you can't place every tweak on one car. You need two or more. Otherwise the car appears too busy.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-09-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Not really that much of a secret. The drawing I made is several years old. However, I wanted to use the correct sail glass. That's wasn't easy since that would require that I hunt down a window. I found several, but I think this one flows much better with the MadArch kit. I'll have WCF make the aluminum bracket and remaining sail sides. In my mind I think this going to turn out very nice.

Originally posted by madcurl:I hope to attach the remaining parts on Thursday to see how the kits flow.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-09-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly,

Ever consider a tweek like this on the Mad Arch kit ?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly,

Ever consider a tweek like this on the Mad Arch kit ?

I now what you mean, but the L700 has a "dead-zone" (due to the extended area) and the added reverse vent adds "pop" to the area. On the MadArch kit the area is already popping due to the ltd size plus the little flare in front of the tire. To add anything more might (IMHO) become too busy. Granted, you could make the flare in front of the rear tire more pronounced (flared out more so), but that's about all I would do. I'm focusing my ideas in a different area. The neat thing about the MadArch kit is the rocker. It's an old idea that is shared among many exotics, but the IRM rocker has been around for so long that it is excepted as the true DNA of the Fiero. The only real differences is the the MadArch rocker kit is the tweaked the angle, widened it, and added a small flare in an otherwise dull area. The same can be said of the rear bumper & front fenders. You can glass everything as-is, but IHMO you never bolt-on on a part. You make it your own by tweaking it first.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Notice that the area of the L700-4 and that of the MadArch kit. The L700 has an extended section and without the added reverse flare that space would be dull.

Adding anything more would create clutter and rice-0-roni look. Besides, you never want to copy anything that is an iconic feature. The same holds true for those with Ferrari door fins. My goodness I've seen them on Shaq's truck. At best start fresh and avoid noses and rear ends that are truly a knock-off from Ferrari, Lamborghini or who ever is at the moment-on top.
CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

1 of 3: completed.

Who make those doors in the back ground of this picture any other pictures of those doors mounted

[This message has been edited by CETICARS (edited 08-23-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CETICARS:

Who make those doors in the back ground of this picture any other pictures of those doors mounted

http://www.fierofiberglass....20Pages/Lizardo.html
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back of the line.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok Curly,....the clock is now ticking on your end of year prediction !!

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2011 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tick, tick, tick,.......
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tick, tick, tick,.......

#015 will be shipped for special tweaking. The MadArch widebody will be modified into a Ferrari replica...NOT! I have a several drawings that will enhance the kit. I think it will look better than #020, but will see.

Digging, I found my old PIAA fog lamps (the large one on the left).

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing a 19x9 on #015 today. Looks good and the wheel appears to be either at or just passed the lip. It fit perfectly for #011.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly i think it is about time to make that call !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got a transporter number yesterday. If not I'll have to "get to the chopper!"
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Right now, I'm making plans for #015 to be either shipped out or driven out.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look what "Brown" dropped off today. The MadArch fender flares.

I've been looking for a set of Niche Pultec rims for many years now. I finally found two wheels on Ebay for a cheap price. My work car wheels are 18x7 (baby-ish), but these are 18x8.5. When I purchased them they were chromed. I sent the wheel to a shop in southern CA. Here's the first wheel prior to boxing it up to me for delivery.

Wheel Dynamics straighened the wheel (slightly bent) and re-chromed the outer lip and re-painted the center piece. They forgot to paint the center cap, but will complete the task once I send them the other wheel. The color is slightly off, but they tried to match the color using my center cap. The wheels are a two piece design and are aluminum made in Japan. I bought the wheels in 1999 and I should've bought two extra wheels just in case you happened to break a wheel beyond repair. I'll use the wider wheels in the rear. I decided to have the lip chrome since polishing wheels is nice, but not on a work car.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-19-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Great company here in Anaheim that fixed a pair of Niche Pultec wheel I got cheap on Ebay late or early this year. The wheels were slightly bent with road rash and were all chromed. I had them strip the chrome, fix the warped wheel, and re-chrome the other lip. The result are great! As you can see they tried to match the color, but it's close enough. This is what happens when you buy off the shelf wheels-they don't make them anymore.

Anyway, the two rear wheels are 18x8.5 vs. 18x7 and the outer lip are a tiny bit wider. Also, I got tired of hand buffing my wheels every six months or so. Anyway, I just need to mount them and I'm all good. I'll have the fronts re-tweaked too. The company is called Wesden wheel works. I tried local shops and they didn't want to touch the wheels and HRE doesn't work on other wheels except their own.

The stock front wheel in need of a serious polishing.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Waiting for the door to open at V8Archie's.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Waiting for the door to open at V8Archie's.

We need to get going with this.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok Troy's car is gone from Archie's so now there is an open slot !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Getting the correct parts needed for the NSX headlamps. I want to get them first before #015 arrives at V8Archies. Those NSX lights aren't cheap.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just got off the phone with V8Archie going over some details. #015 will sport the NSX and Audi driving lights using the MadCurl front bumper. This build should be lots of fun! It will be called, "The Arch Nemesis," hehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-14-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Neeeeeeexxxxxxt !!
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A chopapalooza at Daytona would be cool
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2012 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spoken to Archie and it looks like #015 will be headed to his shop in JAN 2013!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock