Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73477 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trying a new design

Test pattern

Transfer complete

Try final cuts

Final cuts

Next up fiberglassing it smooth.

IP: Logged
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
interesting. although i've always been a fan of a straight edged front bumper, the angles on that one do intrigue me. look forward to more progress
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tiding things up.

Adding 4 inches to the fender well lining.

Done

Driver's side

Checking for clearance

Man that is sweeeeeeeeeeet !!

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That front chin spoiler... was it originally made up of two pieces from another bumper or something? or is it a one piece chin spoiler from fiero warehouse that you've just cut in half and then cut again to made your design?

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

That front chin spoiler... was it originally made up of two pieces from another bumper or something? or is it a one piece chin spoiler from fiero warehouse that you've just cut in half and then cut again to made your design?

Bingo ! It was a fiero warehouse closed mouth chin spoiler. Curly had it cut in two and then had it modded to suit his tastes.

Never will you see him just bolt something on, ..he always has to tweek it and personalize it.

It will really look good when he molds it into the nose itself.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-01-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trimmed down a bit.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm yeah,

looks pretty cool, but I still prefer the chin spoiler the way it came... I'm sure when its all done it will look awesome though

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be awesome if we could get a full on shot fo teh wide body effect now.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for posting pics and keeping members up-to-date on project "Rhinoplasty" and "Phat Lip." I'm sorry I couldn't answer several peoples "PM's" because I was way too tired after working on the project on my days off.

As Tony mentioned, the project was easy to do using simple items found at your local harware store. I choose to use Aluminum cause it's light, doesn't rust, and is easy to bend to desired shape. I have some final pics. If you want I'll send Tony some final pics of the actual shape today---if you want? We went with a larger lip to "test fit" the front spoiler, but as I viewed the pics, I decided to reduce part of the lip for a more sharper look plus allowing for additional 1/2" clearance. After breaking my original IRM front spoiler three times, I don't want a repeat of the past.

I was tring to mimick the 1990 Concept Fiero's front spoiler. Right now it look's "stock" or something made from the factory. I still need some fine tuning of the part so, just like all other parts......it's in it's ruff stages.

Next, Hopefully I'll go back and install the Corvette front or rear side marker lamps in two weeks. Enjoy.

Edit: We pulled out the ends for allow for a uniform look to match the rear and IRM.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-03-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by doublec4:

And it saves you some money on shipping due to the large irregular size. Since I didn't need the center piece why pay more for shipping....just cut it in half.

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes we want more pics ?
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Yes we want more pics ?

Hehehe why did he bother even asking the question ??

Curly fire away !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-03-2006).]

EightBall

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EightBallSend a Private Message to EightBallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah can we get some pics of the whole car now plz
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the whole car, but a great shot of all the new latest modifications including the hood vents, newly flared front fenders, and newly added and modified chin spoiler !

Hopefully Curly will take some full shots soon so you can take in the whole car, but so far as usual, with his projects,......he never disappoints !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-04-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Yes we want more pics ?

Additional picks have been sent. Sorry for the poor quality picks [camera phone] & no sun shine because, it's currently raining in the Bay Area.

Imperfections: Like I stated before, the "Phat lip" is under construction and in a very ruff stages. Additional fine trimming of the exaggerated line will be straightened. The two little shiny bolts near the opening will be removed. However, the height & curviture of the "Phat Lip" is final. I haven't measured the part but, it's three fingers' width...just enough to clear most obstacles in the road using stock suspension and 25.1 diameter tires up front.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those additional pics.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some better pics,...

The pic below shows #15 with smaller rear wheels than normal due to the weather.

madcurl took the rear rims off the silver chop top #11 for the time being because they are all weather tires, vs the summer tires that go with #15's widebody.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man! I need to get started on that rear-end. It's starting to look hideous. Forget working on the front.... I'm heading towards the back.

I'll be switching the front rim/tires to "all seasons."

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl,

It looks to me that you are using the front tire on the back for that last picture, right?

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chop #15 is your daily driver? What!?

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Chop #15 is your daily driver? What!?

All of my cars are "Daily Drivers." Rolling trailer Queens and Trouphy Queens isn't my thing. Just ask Songman, hehe.

For heaven sake, life is short. Drive the darn thing!

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

madcurl,

It looks to me that you are using the front tire on the back for that last picture, right?

No. They are the same 255/30/19's. It just looks that way due to the small 275's in the back. The fronts haven't been changed over yet. The rears are from #11 chop'r. I'll change over to #11's fronts once I get around to mounting on the 235/35/19 Toyos Proxes T1's. The original 225's are currently on another chop'r. A friend of mine had a pair of brand new 235/35/19's for $150, so I couldn't pass on them.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-06-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't get it.. Why are you getting your car done all over the country and you live in Cali... Achies place.. Now in florda at XS Customs? Couldn't it all be done back home? Or do you require the best to touch your cars? :P Btw, put me in your will ! haha
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

No. They are the same 255/30/19's. It just looks that way due to the small 275's in the back. The fronts haven't been changed over yet. The rears are from #11 chop'r. I'll change over to #11's fronts once I get around to mounting on the 235/35/19 Toyos Proxes T1's. The original 225's are currently on another chop'r. A friend of mine had a pair of brand new 235/35/19's for $150, so I couldn't pass on them.

Thats good to know that you are getting the Toyo Proxes, since I was thinking about getting them for my car(T1'r), and I will like to know if you have had previous experiences with them and what do you think of them?

BTW what is the difference between the T1's and the T1'r

thanks!
JG

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I don't get it.. Why are you getting your car done all over the country and you live in Cali... Achies place.. Now in florda at XS Customs? Couldn't it all be done back home? Or do you require the best to touch your cars? :P Btw, put me in your will ! haha

It allows for me to [work] my car around various "shows." Besides, those [various venders] perform excellent work. So I have no choice but to go to [them].

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
It allows for me to [work] my car around various "shows." Besides, those [various venders] perform excellent work. So I have no choice but to go to [them].

Sounds [good] there Mr. Curl. hehe

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

BTW what is the difference between the T1's and the T1'r

thanks!
JG

Hmm. From what I know, the T1Rs reach deeper into your wallet causing the "check light wallet" to flash. For all that they're "claiming" the T1R's should be a improved verison. http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_lines/sports_car/

I've only used the Toyo FZ4 and T1S and between the two....it's like night and day. Haven't tried the others.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-06-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here.. I got bored.

Enjoy.

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that front chin spoiler is the exact way i want to do mine after i finish up college i'll represent the bay too. hehe.

------------------

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is just amazing. Your # 11 got me hooked on choptops and this one makes me wanna get another one just for making a widebody choptop. Keep up the good work Curly. I will have some updates on my car as soon as my "new" garage is done.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

bump

He,he. #015 will be getting a new [eye] on Monday.

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So would that be a certain c6 part that was added today?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New Retina stuck in the mail !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

New Retina stuck in the mail !

Dang that's one big black eyeball, hehe.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The donar parts have arrived !

Ah yes Z06 Headlamps !

Next up,........ prep for surgery !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-01-2006).]

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET!!!
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you don't mind me asking, how much were those head lights?

JG

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe he stated them as 800 each.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shhhhhhhh,....i believe the mad doctor is preparing for surgery.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-06-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock