Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73477 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
Master Tuner Akimoto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2005 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine will not be there but hope to see you there .
IP: Logged
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just trying too stay tuned. Looks great.
Have been In spain for 2 weeks and yesterday I drove a car in spain, 30 degress in the morning and
my daily driver in a snowstorm in the evening back in Sweden.
Man I need the sun and warm In Sweden soo I can drive my Fiero again. I hate the snow and cold...
Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW. This is unbelievable!!

Thanks for all the pics - I have a lot to learn!

Quick question: What is that black stuff you're using to attach the flexible fenders to the rear fiberglass quarters?

Is it flexible or rigid?

Thanks!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man i really like the looks of a shaved fiero ! Don't get me wrong the molding is OK, but if you have the skills and the resources to shave them, i think the fiero looks so much more exotic.

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would like too know if you installed the VDC from XS customs yet. Any problems?
Thinking of getting them soon for my car.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Would like too know if you installed the VDC from XS customs yet. Any problems?
Thinking of getting them soon for my car.

Nope not yet, but soon, that is part of the reason he is bringing the unfinished #15 to Florida for Daytona. Gonna get a few goodies installed while here !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2005 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daytona 2005, a beautiful day, a beautiful car, what else do you need ??? How about a beautiful girl !!

Fast forward, Curly, myself, and Norm are practically the last ones to leave the track on Sunday, as we are wrapping things up, we see this nice looking young lady go bouncing, er uh running by.
Curly smiles, i smile, and the next thing i know, he has organized an impromtu photo shoot.

It was a rough job guys but you know the saying,......somebody has to do it !

Madcurl Model productions gives you the beautiful Brandy:

I know you guys would never forgive me if i did not go in for the closeup on this one !

Sorry Archie does not offer this option in place of the lexan glass.

For some reason Madcurl got an extremely wicked smile when we got to this shot, Hmmm i wonder why ?

Guys In case you missed her this year, Brandy will be back next year,..her dad has an extremely nice Dino that he shows each year at Daytona.

Thanks Brandy, good luck with your modeling career !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2005 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Oh yeah i forgot to mention,....the car wasn't too bad either.

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2005 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finally some proper photos.... you really cant see much on those camera phone photos.

in my opinion those rims are just too big.. it looks funny..
but nice job with the mystery black putty... too secret to share i guesse.

EDIT: after seeing more pics in another thread, i like the rear rims now but the front still look too big.. maybe a 20-19 combo would be nice.

[This message has been edited by rmphoto (edited 03-21-2005).]

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2005 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have absolutely fallen in love with Curley's Fiero... lol, I want to do that and more to my car. Gotta love not having bills / being paid by the US Government, oh and those $10,000 enlistment bonuses are fun too

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 03-21-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2005 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rmphoto:

finally some proper photos.... you really cant see much on those camera phone photos.

in my opinion those rims are just too big.. it looks funny..
but nice job with the mystery black putty... too secret to share i guesse.

EDIT: after seeing more pics in another thread, i like the rear rims now but the front still look too big.. maybe a 20-19 combo would be nice.

Don't worry curly plans to add fender flares to the front fender area and also pull the side of the nose out also in order to make the front wheels look right. By the time he is finished the front will look just as natural as the rear. This car is far from finished,...when he puts the rest of the exterior items on this car you are going to be really blown away,...and i am not even talking about the corvette lamps !

On the subject of those rims,...Absolutely Sick ! The Baddest rims ever on a fiero, worth every overpriced penny hehehehe !

You have to see them in person to really see how awesome they are. Curly you got me seriously thinking about them. THe chop comes first though.

PFF
System Bot
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2005 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i agree wholeheartedly about the rims, those are some of the most beautiful pieces of metal i've ever seen... Who makes them and what's their model name, I need some... I actually want to try to same thing, put absolutely massive front and rear tires on my '86 GT and do my own widebody kit, I love working on cars and doing everything custom... That's why I bought the Fiero, I fell in love with them when I first saw them, and they're just so easy to mod and customize... Thank you Pontiac / GM
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2005 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

i agree wholeheartedly about the rims, those are some of the most beautiful pieces of metal i've ever seen... Who makes them and what's their model name, I need some... I actually want to try to same thing, put absolutely massive front and rear tires on my '86 GT and do my own widebody kit, I love working on cars and doing everything custom... That's why I bought the Fiero, I fell in love with them when I first saw them, and they're just so easy to mod and customize... Thank you Pontiac / GM

The Rims are the HRE brand. THat equals Biiiiiiiiiiiiig bucks !!

The rims are around $1,200 or more each !! We are not even talking tires yet.

Curly doesn't go cheap, ......nothing but the best hehehe !

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2005 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rmphoto:

EDIT: i like the rear rims now but the front still look too big.. maybe a 20-19 combo would be nice.

I believe this is a 19/20 combo

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy snap... $1,200 EACH?!? lol, I almost had a heart attack when I read that... Little out of my budget, you have fun with 'dem wheels, Curly and if you ever want to sell, shoot me a PM... lol

Maybe I'll stick to the stock wheels for a bit, then find something a tad cheaper, like $2,000 or so for all 4... lol

FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about some full size photos of the car (with or without Brandy) that you can email to me?

------------------
- Matthew

Black, Wingless '87 GT

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2005 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2005 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ops a bump again...
Where are those VDC pics

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ops a bump again...
Where are those VDC pics

Sorry, Jerry started on the dash first and not the VDC's. I think the dash is the complicated part? (judging from the last time) The VDC's are second nature to Jerry and it shouldn't cause them any "issues."

Pics? I don't think Jerry has a digital camera? Our best man for the job would be Shawnfl. He works down the block from them and has a camera. Oh well, two more weeks to go.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-20-2005).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What dash, have I missed some info regarding that?

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What dash, have I missed some info regarding that?

XS customs is doing another custom dash and lambo doors for chop top #15. THey are the same guys (under a different company name) who did the custom dash and lambo doors for the Silver chop top a.k.a #11.

PFF
System Bot
MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that there is only one word that can describe the work that curley does.... genius, pure genius
tomanyfieros

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tomanyfierosSend a Private Message to tomanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any new pics to drool over?
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ups, a bump
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tomanyfieros:

any new pics to drool over?

Tuesday-----6 days to go.
Yeah, but they are camera phone pics and you know what that means--------crapy. He's currently tring to send pics using the phone. I don't know if he is knows how to use it? Otherwise our only hope is Shawnfl. I hope to be there on Monday. Exoticse can't make it so that means I too will have to resort to using the crapy camera phone.

I just got off the phone with Jerry. The dash is on target and VDC kit. It's rather hard to discribe but it is a one-piece that is smooth. Plans have been laid for the Stealth.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-20-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't count me out yet curly hehehe. I might be able to juggle something for Tuesday. Just need to switch a day off with a co-worker and all is good.

We were suppossed to hook up on Monday, but that just happens to be my wife's birthday.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Okay it's finally happened,....madcurl has finally flipped his lid (hint, hint) !!!

After the interior and lambo doors are finished this weekend, this comes next !

And as usual Curly will be going beyond the Norm (excuse the pun) hehehe,...Corvette lamps and all.

Curly i still think you should incorporate some of the elements from this front bumper.

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is my favorite! Alot of photos get posted here, unfortunately not enough of them are truely all that interesting...

(What car?)

------------------

There isn’t much better in this life than finding a way to spend a few hours in conversation with people you respect and love. You have to carve this time out of your life because you aren’t really living without it.

88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NEWS UPDATE:

CHOPTOP #15 ISN'T READY FOR PICK-UP.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
STATUS REPORT: Talking Heads Prevail.

After talking it over with Frank (Dragon) it seems that this episode can be used to everyones advantage.

1. Head-out to Floridia on May 31st to pick-up #15
2. Drive to the Dells Show.
3. Install Norms front clip.
4 Go to the show.
5. People up north getting a chance to view it.............PRICELESS
6. Head-back to California.

Possible issues? I need to contact Norm first and see if he is available before the show?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-23-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old but new !

Prewidebody flaring pictures of choptop #15. New because they have never been posted before !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-01-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking amazing as usual Madcurl!

Any mention of color choice yet? After looking through all these pics, I'm kind of hoping you go with a rich Red (something about that F355 photo earlier in the thread ).

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Looking amazing as usual Madcurl!

Any mention of color choice yet? After looking through all these pics, I'm kind of hoping you go with a rich Red (something about that F355 photo earlier in the thread ).

Yep. The godfather wanted to see a red chopper. I think #16 may go with red to?

Oh yeah, thanks Tony for posting pics. As you can see that I do have a pretty good digital camera but, I rarely have time to use it.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-02-2005).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2005 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

As you can see that I do have a pretty good digital camera but, I rarely have time to use it.

I can SEE!! A clear picture of #15 and it looks awesome... This confirms my "bigfoot" theory, Curley you intentionally release all those grainy camera phone pics to keep us guessing about what it really is you are up to.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
News update: ShawnFL, the t.v. reportor on the seen has taken some early pics of the dash and of the VDC kit. Thumbs up for Shawn while during the "reporting" while on his lunch break!

Progress report: I will not make it to the Dell show due to the making of the dash. Sorry.

Disclaimer: Pics are not pretty. Viewers must use imagination. Not responsible for the lost of dinners and fluids, while viewing pics. hehehe. Enjoy

Exoticse will post if he has time? No pics of the VDC kit on car. Shawn might go by on Thursday for pics if Jerry has the VDC kit on?

Later.

madcurl

------------------

Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & The Stealth

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-10-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

News update: ShawnFL, the t.v. reportor on the seen has taken some early pics of the dash and of the VDC kit. Thumbs up for Shawn while during the "reporting" while on his lunch break!

Progress report: I will not make it to the Dell show due to the making of the dash. Sorry.

Disclaimer: Pics are not pretty. Viewers must use imagination. Not responsible for the lost of dinners and fluids, while viewing pics. hehehe. Enjoy

Exoticse will post if he has time? No pics of the VDC kit on car. Shawn might go by on Thursday for pics if Jerry has the VDC kit on?

Later.

madcurl

LIke curly said these are early crude mockups, ..but this is the same guy that did the awesome dash for the silver chop top
as seen here:

That was the past now in the present you can already see that this dash will likely be even better !

Anybody recognize these puppies ?? Hehehe

Again thanks to shawn for supplying the pics !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-10-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why are the vdc hinges all rusty?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

why are the vdc hinges all rusty?

The VDC kits come with a coat of gray paint or black. The area were it is rusty is the part that is modified. It might be due to it not being protected after the modifications? The kit will be sanded and prep'd for painting. This VDC is a different type. It uses a different hindge and the shock is stronger this time around.

EDIT: the digital gauge is one that Archie and I seen while at the SEMA show in Las Vegas 2004. Dakota Digital now carries them. Although it is Chromed, it will be painted black.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-11-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey curly is that styrofoam that he is using in the mockup process, or something else ?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock