Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

That 512tr nose is beautiful, are you going to offer it for sale?

That's one of the nose designs I thought of doing after I finish the 355 nose I'm currently working on.

IP: Logged
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Are you the one that made that cool Notchback with a fastback clip hybrid? I like the look of it.

I think It would be possible to make that rear end look a lot closer to an R8 rear end.
If you have time to doodle again, I always wanted to see what a cross between a Fiero, and an Audi R8, with some Lamborghini Gallardo, and Ferrari (612, maybe) sprinkled in would look like.

Keep up the great work!!!

x
Thanks. Which drawing was it? I could whack off the duck tail on my latest Formula drawing, & chisel it like the R8 .

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I could whack off the duck tail

Thought you said you DIDN'T have anything against ducks? I knew it! You're a ducksist. Help, help. I'm being oppressed. lol

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 11-20-2007).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Thought you said you DIDN'T have anything against ducks? I knew it! You're a ducksist. Help, help. I'm being oppressed. lol

I knew you'd have something to say about that .
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What about having a larger side scoop? I think the lines of your design are great whether you use the duck tail or not. Everything seems to just flow right.

Edit: Something like this?

The lines of the scoop would work with the horizontal body lines and the lines of the wheel well.
------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 11-20-2007).]

LeviM

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually like the ducktail personally.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What about having a larger side scoop? I think the lines of your design are great whether you use the duck tail or not. Everything seems to just flow right.

Edit: Something like this?

The lines of the scoop would work with the horizontal body lines and the lines of the wheel well.

The air scoops can be many different shapes. The large scoop can be split in two as well.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by LeviM:

I actually like the ducktail personally.

Well I chopped off the tail on this next drawing. I thought a GT donor would fit better for this rebody idea. The overall length is shorter than a stock Fiero, yet the wheelbase is 3 inches longer. The GT style quarter glass is the only trait remaining from the '88 Fiero.
x

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like both of these designs..

I meant actual real life car. I think it was blue.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

I like both of these designs..

I meant actual real life car. I think it was blue.

Notchie & Gt clip...blue?...hmmmm. The only blue one that I can recall is the Plazma .
x

FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just figured I would add a rendition of your design. Had some time, just wanted to draw.

-Alex
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

Just figured I would add a rendition of your design. Had some time, just wanted to draw.

-Alex

Very nice Alex, Master of the GTRwidebody. I wish I had the skill to draw like that. Maybe I can hand you some 3/4 line drawings & have you finish the shading? I'm liking this last idea alot.

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That shortened nose/rear idea is similar to my concept.
I'm also doing a cradle stretch to give it that short rear / cab-forward look as well.
I'm hoping to start sometime after Christmas. Choptop first, then the stretch.

Keep up the great work!!!!

------------------

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

That shortened nose/rear idea is similar to my concept.
I'm also doing a cradle stretch to give it that short rear / cab-forward look as well.
I'm hoping to start sometime after Christmas. Choptop first, then the stretch.

Keep up the great work!!!!

That's cool. What is Dubs? Did you start a build thread yet?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-22-2007).]

HTXtremes

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dubs are rims that are 20" or larger I think, might be 22" or larger. All I know is they are BIG.

The way I stretched my frame is walked through in my build thread in my signature, if it helps.

------------------
'88 Coupe (extensive mods underway)
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086359.html

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HTXtremes:

Dubs are rims that are 20" or larger I think, might be 22" or larger. All I know is they are BIG.

The way I stretched my frame is walked through in my build thread in my signature, if it helps.

HT, you got to change the title of your thread man. I was looking for your f40 thread before but I never would have thought to look in ''88 coupe build' .

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job HTExtreme......I love the build-up!!
I will be starting a build thread after Christmas. I need to finish my S10 project, before I can get the car in the garage. I think my biggest challenge will be shortening the nose. The rad is gonna have to be pushed back, or relocated in the widebody vents. We'll see!!
And yes.....DUBS are 20" rims and bigger.

------------------

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,

I will probably have time to draw, send them over...

_Alex
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2007 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida,

_Alex

Okay I'll do that. I'd like to try it with 300zx lights which I think will fit perfect for this look.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2007 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida,

_Alex

Okay, did a little more tweeking on the GT . Plexi rear hatch has vent louvers , however it may be a smoother look if the louvers were concave/inboard.

Alex, if you have time to add some of your magic go right ahead.

x

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-26-2007).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2007 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Larger side intakes .

PFF
System Bot
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
about where at in seattle amida?

------------------
S.W.A.T.

86_fiero_gt_92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I am surprised no one posted this already.... Sorry I am late Mr. Garrison. Naturally I would question where Mr. Hat was, but that would be rude :P.

u watch to much southpark

so do I

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Amida, I haven't looked at this in a while - the 300zx tails look great! I do like the smaller side intake, however ... though from a performance standpoint it may have more to offer. I also like the drawings you've done with the rounded rear end (sorry whadeduck ) ... again from a performance standpoint. I bet the ducktail would be great for extreme high-speed performance but personally at least I care more for minimal weight and low polar moment. It's looking awesome, anyway, keep the great work coming.

[This message has been edited by timwdegner (edited 12-12-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Duck-sists! You're all duck-sists I tell you! (sniff sniff) I'll put my duck tail on my car and show all y'all(sniff sniff). Y'all will rue the day you decided to do away with the duck tails. Well! Go ahead! Start rue-ing.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timwdegner:

Hey Amida, I haven't looked at this in a while - the 300zx tails look great! I do like the smaller side intake, however ... though from a performance standpoint it may have more to offer. I also like the drawings you've done with the rounded rear end (sorry whadeduck ) ... again from a performance standpoint. I bet the ducktail would be great for extreme high-speed performance but personally at least I care more for minimal weight and low polar moment. It's looking awesome, anyway, keep the great work coming.

Timw, the tail lights are actually Capri, and the headlights 300zx . Thanks.
x

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
How about Enzo type scoop treatment ?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by SpeedWorksAutoTuning:

about where at in seattle amida?

Seward Park near hydroplane pits.

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats effing sexy...
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like that. Even though you haven't changed the body really, it kind of throws the rear upward and the cab forward. It doesn't really. But the side scoop design gives that illusion. But it still seems to be missing something on the back.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 12-13-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the new side scoops work =)
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

still seems to be missing something on the back.

Could add a retractable ducktail spoiler .
x
x
Changed some lines & added front fender vents.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Putting together another spankin' new interior here. This one is going to be two tone black/beechwood tan which I believe is an '88 GT color.

cowan1984

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2007 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cowan1984Click Here to visit cowan1984's HomePageSend a Private Message to cowan1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

looks a bit like the ferrari 360...only better.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2007 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cowan1984:

looks a bit like the ferrari 360...only better.

x
Something 360 this way comes.............

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2007 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A slight variation with rear clam shell deck .

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-14-2007).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things are really chilly outside, it's near freezing. Trying to do more work indoors now. Here's a cool line up of Fi355 console panels, I painted the silver set for my own Formula 88.

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much are these?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock