Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments. I only rough sketch enough to visualize what I'm thinking...never took any classes.

Continued with a little more mock up this weekend. More measuring, eyeballing, & grinding. I split the Ferrari nose right down the middle; will need to reduce width later on to match the Fiero. A little more rough hacking on the sides as well. It's looking better. That's it for now.

x
Come to think of it, it is starting to look like my earlier sketch

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-02-2007).]

IP: Logged
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Continuing with the mockup. After the positioning & alignment was determined the mounting flange was added to the upper valance panel, and here the passenger side mounting flange is glassed in. The nose is temporarily clamped to the valance panel. Next, I'll transfer the measurements to the driver side & glass both sides together. I'll likely have to shave about 3/4" off the bottom to line up with the lower radiator mount.
x

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-14-2007).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I'd doodle a little before I hit the hay. Trying to figure out what to do with the Formula I have in the driveway. A more rounded look like the Solstice perhaps. The side mouldings could probably be left out.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-16-2007).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go Rob, go!!

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Go Rob, go!!

Bob

Hey Bob, what you working on?
x
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

x
Shortened the nose, moulded-in flairs, removed the side mouldings, & added a tail. Now the only Fiero ID left is the vertical window trim. This Body kit has a longer wheelbase, but is shorter overall from stock Formula.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-16-2007).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

x
Reshaped the wheel wells. Can't see much of the original Formula underneath, but breaking from the traditional Fiero features will open up alot of possibilities.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey wow, these drawings are looking great! and that dash is very nice as well.
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starting to look more and more like an F430. That's not a bad thing.

Me, I'm working on the 4.0 and trying to shoehorn it in. Thanx for asking...

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must have Ferrari in my veins, the only reference I looked at was a 350z. I could study a Pinto & somehow end up with something like an Enzo.

LeviM

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah, im definitely seeing ferrari in there, but it looks awesome
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

x
Did a little more tweeking while I wait for the roofing company. Changed to a ducktail & modified the quarter glass...if anyone remembers the RX-4 .

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever became of this?

I like that one. Kind of a Fiero/Daytona Prototype.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

x
Haven't had much time to doodle lately; been building more interiors. Can't keep the customers waiting ya know.

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
everytime I see one of your interiors, tears come to my eyes.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

everytime I see one of your interiors, tears come to my eyes.

Tusch, What are you working on on your Fiero?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The old aero nose that I used has lost some of it's perkiness over the past 19 years, so the doc will have to give it a little face lift. I've noticed that on most Fieros that I've seen. Maybe I should design a wonderbra to push up on the valance part of the nose to put the curve back where it's sagging.
x

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-30-2007).]

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually I don't own a Fiero, more of an enthusiast with intentions haha. I am in school right now (Mechanical Engineering Technology at Purdue) and belong to several car forums that bring to me a wealth of knowledge like this thread! I love the fiero because of the endless possibilities. It is the etcha-sketch of the car world, starts off great, but if you want something different, just shake and try again.

(I belong to car forums for cars I love and would one day love to own)
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another low cost turn signal alternative to the originals is the Jeep Liberty. They're almost the same length as the originals & have a better installed angle than the Sebring lights. They also use two bullbs. These might be a better choice...We'll see.
xx
xx

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-13-2007).]

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great!
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

x
Did a little more tweeking while I wait for the roofing company. Changed to a ducktail & modified the quarter glass...if anyone remembers the RX-4 .

starting to look like a gt40 with a hint of fiero. looks good!

BTW: you did a killer job on Whadeduck's interior... very cool.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

starting to look like a gt40 with a hint of fiero. looks good!

BTW: you did a killer job on Whadeduck's interior... very cool.

I think it's the duck tail. Maybe try a wing instead.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think it's the duck tail. Maybe try a wing instead.

Got a problem with ducks?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Got a problem with ducks?

Funny! No problem at all, I love Peking duck with plum sauce.
x

x
Changed a few things on previous drawing: qtr glass, rear corner, rear bumper, airducts, C6 taillights.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-15-2007).]

LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it, and I dont know why, but it almost reminds me of a Sallen S7 now.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The weather here has changed drastically since starting this project, so I worked double time to get this valance panel face lift done which is now completed. I didn't now how much the old Fiero nosed sagged until I actually started the operation. The straight edge shows the body line is back to where it should be. After priming a finish coat is applied then polished & waxed to prepare for tooling.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet. Excellent as always.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An epoxy tooling system is used for making the mould. Epoxy is more expensive & harder to work with but shrinks less & doesn't distort like polyester does. Other than a little paint sticking the mould separated with a little finesse. Here, the first part pulled from the new mould will be mounted to my chassis & used as a demo unit to help finish the shaping of the new nose section.

davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thought I'd doodle a little before I hit the hay. Trying to figure out what to do with the Formula I have in the driveway. A more rounded look like the Solstice perhaps. The side mouldings could probably be left out.

This looks awesome. More rounded and all-around updated, but it still looks "Fiero-ish". Creative in a very tasteful way.

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, but I think it'll look cleaner without the side mouldings, or with a smaller seam/groove along the side.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-18-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm'd you.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did a quick trial fit this morning. Not a bad fit for just setting it in place without screws.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The main advantage of going with my modular approach is interchangeability. I can design several different nose styles & swap from one design to another. Repair jobs may be simplified because it will not be necessary to re-paint the whole front end. I also like the component look. Here, a 512TR nose looks to be a good fit for the Fiero. The side skirt seems to go good with the GT ground effects.

LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 4-door/4-seater Fiero didn't last more than a few posts in this thread. It still intrigues me though, especially when you consider a stretch. How about utilizing the RX-8's pillarless suicide doors idea?

http://carsmedia.ign.com/ca...0061030004503828.jpg
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT-5Fiero:

The 4-door/4-seater Fiero didn't last more than a few posts in this thread. It still intrigues me though, especially when you consider a stretch. How about utilizing the RX-8's pillarless suicide doors idea?

http://carsmedia.ign.com/ca...0061030004503828.jpg

That was cool how they added the rear seat, but instead of using 4 doors I would just stay with 2 doors and just lengthen the doors like on a Firebird.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Something like this but with longer doors.

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That 512tr nose is beautiful, are you going to offer it for sale?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you the one that made that cool Notchback with a fastback clip hybrid? I like the look of it.

I think It would be possible to make that rear end look a lot closer to an R8 rear end.
If you have time to doodle again, I always wanted to see what a cross between a Fiero, and an Audi R8, with some Lamborghini Gallardo, and Ferrari (612, maybe) sprinkled in would look like.

Keep up the great work!!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock