Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 52)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sculpturing of the G1 passenger side door panel model in progress. Capturing a complex shape such as this with multiple angles, depths and curvatures requires the use of several measuring tools and multiple templates.

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really admire your work
I can't wait to see a full interior done
Keep up the good work
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida...My First G1 Dash is going to actually be installed over the next two weeks....so getting ready for the matching door panels

Also PM me and let me know an ETA on Barbie's dash please & thank you!

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Sculpturing of the G1 passenger side door panel model in progress. Capturing a complex shape such as this with multiple angles, depths and curvatures requires the use of several measuring tools and multiple templates.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's great. I will need to update the installation guide to add some tips on getting armrest, console & dash to align; it will take some shifting & spacing adjustments. I will be clearing the work bench soon of the G1 door panel design work. Next I will finish Finish a couple Fi512 noses and a few dashes.

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Amida...My First G1 Dash is going to actually be installed over the next two weeks....so getting ready for the matching door panels

Also PM me and let me know an ETA on Barbie's dash please & thank you!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's great. I will need to update the installation guide to add some tips on getting armrest, console & dash to align; it will take some shifting & spacing adjustments. I will be clearing the work bench soon of the G1 door panel design work. Next I will finish Finish a couple Fi512 noses and a few dashes.

Rob...so let me clarify...just to ensure I understand what you stated...WAIT on the dash install...because it would be easiest to do both at the same time for perfect alignment of everything?

If so...thanks up front for sharing....that will alter time-line, but would rather do it right the 1st time!

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida:

PM sent.

Thanks
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an awesome thread!

(and you've got a PM!)
jsaviour

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsaviourClick Here to visit jsaviour's HomePageSend a Private Message to jsaviourEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey rob. I pmed you about fi355 interior. thanks
soup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I was looking at the wrong thread for updates on the door panels
Those lose awesome Rob!! I am not sure how close the dash is to being done, but I want the door panels also!
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates on the doors?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Yes...what this fine gentleman said....come on Rob...your not that busy
Thanks for Everything!

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received a PM from Amida saying that it would be a couple of weeks before he could continue to work on the door panels due to some replica interiors that need to be finished first.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've got upholstery on three dashes & two bumpers to do first. Once that is out of the way then I'll get back on the door panels.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've got upholstery on three dashes & two bumpers to do first. Once that is out of the way then I'll get back on the door panels.

So do I need to pause on order more G1 dashes to get the door panels completed?

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the update Rob
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, please.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will need to get caught up on the upholstery before taking on more work.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
G1 dash leather upholstery in progress. Mr. Mikes dark grey leather & black leather all stitched up & ready for application. Stock fiero armrest & Pontiac G6 glove box completed in dark grey leather.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 05-25-2014).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi355 nose upper section gelcoated & curring before lamination.

PFF
System Bot
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

I know nothing concerning making molds so I thought I would ask an artist. Over at another forum there is someone posting what he calls molds that are suppose to be made in China. My question is, why are they painted. I have not asked the poster yet, as I thought I would a master first.

So with all that being said, should you paint molds? Would they last longer?

Thanx,

Air-eek

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe a big part of having them a contrasting color is it is easier to tell when the molds are becoming damanged from repeted use and also makes it easier to see the air bubbles so you can remove them as you lay your glass.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gelcoating the mold surface when initially building the mold, or subsiquently fabricating a part in the mold is essential to obtaining a good quality part. Gelcoating provides a smooth, hard, bubble free, surface which aids in mold-to-part separation. Gelcoating a part also protects the mold surface from damage/scratches during the lamination process, and also provides a thin easily sandable surface, free of bubbles & glass fibers to perform pre-paint prep work.

For great how to info on fiberglassing go to:

http://www.fibreglast.com/

Click on the Learning Center

Hope that helps.

Rob
Fierovation

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

I know nothing concerning making molds so I thought I would ask an artist. Over at another forum there is someone posting what he calls molds that are suppose to be made in China. My question is, why are they painted. I have not asked the poster yet, as I thought I would a master first.

So with all that being said, should you paint molds? Would they last longer?

Thanx,

Air-eek

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 06-14-2014).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Hmmn, thanx for the 411. Glad I sought knowledge first instead of making a troll and idiot of myself. Thanx again.

Eric
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of G1 dashes getting trimmed:

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi355 nose main section after gelcoat application

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob...THANKS!

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi355 nose off to Pittsburgh.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
G1 dash in black/grey leather nearly completed.

Nate9900

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nate9900Send a Private Message to Nate9900Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob - The nose turned out nice, Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any updates on the doors?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nate9900:

Rob - The nose turned out nice, Thanks!

Very Nice! I also have a chin spoiler for it.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
G1 dash completed in Black/grey leather.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

+1
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

+1

+2
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prepping parts for Two G1 dashes.

G1 dash leather in Black & tan ready for glue application.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking stuff, Rob.

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just two more dashes to upholster, then I'll get back onto the G1 door panels. Thanks to everyone for your patience & undersanding of my situation.

Rob
Fierovation

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-24-2014).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Console refurbishing before leather application

Final dash prepping.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock