Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 48)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

That is how they work and I will want one added to both sides. I will send a pair with my glove box.

Jim (TXOPIE)

OPIE'S GTX BUILD
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Rob,

That is how they work and I will want one added to both sides. I will send a pair with my glove box.

Jim (TXOPIE)

OPIE'S GTX BUILD
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Placed my order for the G1 dash, check and leather samples are ready to go out. Will be black/gray to match my Mr. Mike's seats and lower door skins/map pockets.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Placed my order for the G1 dash, check and leather samples are ready to go out. Will be black/gray to match my Mr. Mike's seats and lower door skins/map pockets.

Twinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TwinnSend a Private Message to TwinnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please build new interior door panels.
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Twinn:

Please build new interior door panels.

I think Rob will consider this if there are enough requests. I'm not sure he has had them at this point. I know TXOPIE has relentlessly requested the same and his pictures are a nice addition.

photo borrowed from TXOPIE

He had a lot of pictures of the door panels with the tweeks but it looks like they were removed.

I too would like new door panels to go with this awesome dash Rob has put together.

Let's just hope there are enough requests so he can add them to his inventory.

Yellowstone, troyboy...help increase the door panel requests please.

[This message has been edited by IwannaIRM (edited 02-20-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know that I am down for a pair...that is why I designed them

If there are any other specific photos...let me know. I re-organized my photobucket into sub-folders and it killed a bunch of links...sorry.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-20-2013).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

I think Rob will consider this if there are enough requests.

Plain & simple guys...the G1 dash is and will remain a loss/loser for me until enough of you guys, 10 or so, step up to the plate and buy one. I cannot dig myself a deeper hole for door panels until I'm first squared away with the dash. Thanks to a couple of you guys for stepping up to the plate.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Respectfully understand...we did not know how many people had ordered already.
I plan on utilizing another answer for the short run.
I believe with enough of us going to the big shows this spring and summer...we will be able to generate enough business to justify the doors.

Rob...I would like your permission to create a digital slick that I can post up here for download that will be like a flyer for us who have purchased the G1 dash to hand out at the show when people inquire.

I want to ensure that this is worth everyone's time...especially Robs!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-20-2013).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Rob...I would like your permission to create a digital slick for us who have purchased the G1 dash to hand out at the show when people inquire.

Sure go ahead.
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand as well Rob. As we discussed in PM I'm up to buy a G1 as well but will wait until I return from China as you suggested.

I was just trying to drum up the business and interest for you.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I understand as well Rob. As we discussed in PM I'm up to buy a G1 as well but will wait until I return from China as you suggested.

I was just trying to drum up the business and interest for you.

Thanks. If/when I do door panels it'll be a simple, low cost re-design of the door cards using either stock door handles, or a cheap/compatible alternative.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Color samples received. It appears that the light grey on your door panels has a slight tan hue and is a little darker than your seats. I only have on hand dark grey leather and Mr. Mikes medium grey vinyl so I will go to my upholstery supplier to find a match. If I need to I'll get a hold of Mr. Mike for some of his light grey fabric. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-21-2013).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Color samples received. It appears that the light grey on your door panels has a slight tan hue and is a little darker than your seats. I only have on hand dark grey leather and Mr. Mikes medium grey vinyl so I will go to my upholstery supplier to find a match. If I need to I'll get a hold of Mr. Mike for some of his light grey fabric. Thanks.

Good that it arrived. Yes, the door panels were supposed to match the seats but didn't exactly. Go with the door panel color as I may get new seat covers anyways (I really like the semi-sport style).
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

I would like to see the two samples of black like we discussed please and thank you

Also..as luck would have it...there was a 1986 Zimmer Quicksilver for sale on eBay....with lots of pictures:

Rob...when and if you do doors...something like this might work and be less expensive to produce:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-22-2013).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob,

something like this might work and be less expensive to produce:

Not bad.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
New Fi355 instrument panel test fire.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
G1 dash with Carling switch panel. Contura laser etch series from : http://otrattw.com/ Contact: James

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gorgeous, just simply stunning
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the G1 dash, and honestly would own one already, but it doesn't work with my 355 console I have from you already. But I would be interested in those door panels, so someone please buy that beautiful dash from amida!

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I love the G1 dash, and honestly would own one already, but it doesn't work with my 355 console I have from you already. But I would be interested in those door panels, so someone please buy that beautiful dash from amida!

Sell the console and get the new G1 dash. Just joking of course, but need 5 more guys to get the dash then I'll do the doors.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-25-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Sell the console and get the new G1 dash. Just joking of course, but need 5 more guys to get the dash then I'll do the doors.

You may have a better chance filling orders on one of the Kit car sites.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

You may have a better chance filling orders on one of the Kit car sites.

I visited Kitcentral and that site is nearly dead. Not a whole lot of Lambo kit building anymore.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I honestly think once we have a few of our cars hit the shows this spring...that will help with sales!

I know that is not the immediate answer everyone including myself would like, but that seems to be the reality.

I am working on some product slicks for everyone and anyone to download and share the information.

If you belong to a local Fiero club...post it on their website...print one of the slicks and bring it with you to the meeting!

Rob...have you consider reaching out to Rodney, TLG, & the Fierostore to see if they would put a mention and link...I have seen them do it for other member products...just a thought.

Remember its a numbers game...need to get it in front of as many possible potential buyers as we can...percentage will purchase...the more that see the higher % that purchases.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-25-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: US MAIL just showed with my two options of black from Rob and example of the blue thread for the stitching

Top is called "Hampton Ebony"

Bottom is called "Grand Prix Black"

Rob >>> "Hampton Ebony" is my choice! ...like the color blue for the stitching.

I will PM you with a tracking number for my stuff headed your way.

Thanks again & again!

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lastly, does it have a cup-holder?

Haven't even thought about it. Cup-holders would be a nice feature. Wonder where to put them though.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:
That Is by far the best interior I have ever seen in a fiero!! dam man good job! hopefully I'll have another one someday soon and thats going to be my second mod to the motor.

Totally agree!
Other interiors just don't come close to the G1 dash

Amida's G1 interior is the closest I've ever seen to the mystery/unobtanium interior I fell in love with 7 years ago.

For the people who want door panels as well, would any of these help with inspiration on how to save old parts to keep costs down?

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 02-26-2013).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My future G1 installation thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091367.html
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in a G1 dash, I know interest without $$ doesn't mean much but I am saving up spare cash for one, hopefully to purchase later this year. Keep up the great work
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Austrian Imports...I too fell in love with the "mystery/unobtanium interior", but I think Rob's blows that one out of the water.

This by far is the best interior ever designed & created for the Fiero to date...period!

Someone else argue with me on this fact...show me one other interior excluding Rob's F355 interior (which doesn't really count...since it is Ferrari specific) that matches the level of detail & quality of this dash!
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know your not thinking about it just yet. But I vote for 5 1/4" speaker pods in the possible future door panels.
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Imports...I too fell in love with the "mystery/unobtanium interior", but I think Rob's blows that one out of the water.

Mee, too. At one point, when I was still in Germany, I could have bought a GT that had this dash in it for little money. But the car was located in the Netherlands and didn't look very good otherwise so I passed on it.

"Good things come to those who wait!"

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-27-2013).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I know your not thinking about it just yet. But I vote for 5 1/4" speaker pods in the possible future door panels.

I agree, but let's do 6 1/2" sizes instead. It's more common/more speaker choices.

6 1/2" would have been better in the G1 dash as well, but wasn't feasible due to size restrictions.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob....PM sent with tracking number...thanks for everything!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow your work is totally awesome. You have produced the one item that will update the Fiero to contemporary times. Others have done wonders to the outside of the Fiero to get it to look up to date now the Fiero community has a source for the interior.

The stitching is something GM is just starting to do and it makes a so so vehicle interior look expensive!

Fantastic!!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-05-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys...here is another possible door option for the G1 dash from a Trans Am:

I noticed while reviewing jscott1 build thread (when he put the entire dash & door skins in one of his cars) that cut of the Trans am dash in the corners where they meet the doors are not far off from the G1.

ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is a beautiful dash good sir. I have two questions if you don't mind me asking... What is the glove box from and what would the going price of these be with ship.? Probably too rich for my blood but curiosity is a killer ha. Thanks.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALL_CAMMED_UP

I can help with that information and let Rob continue working on the dashes ordered already!

Glove box is from Pontiac G6 and for pricing:

G1 Dash parts kit.................... $1599.00
New Solstice vents....... $225.00
Trim/prep/upholster........$1200.00

Rob....FYI...there maybe a delay in my package to you:

...was tracking the parts that I sent to Rob (Amida) on UPS.com and read the following scary last status...hope it doesn't mean what I think it means!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-09-2013).]

ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE, Thanks a bunch...that is very reasonable for the craftsmanship. Your ups tracking info is quite unusual too
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ALL_CAMMED_UP

I can help with that information and let Rob continue working on the dashes ordered already!

Glove box is from Pontiac G6 and for pricing:

G1 Dash parts kit.................... $1599.00
New Solstice vents....... $225.00
Trim/prep/upholster........$1200.00

Rob....FYI...there maybe a delay in my package to you:

...was tracking the parts that I sent to Rob (Amida) on UPS.com and read the following scary last status...hope it doesn't mean what I think it means!

To get to the state of Washington from Texas it goes through Wisconsin? Hmmm?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock