Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 46)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Hey Rob, just wondering why you don't water-jet these plates to save you time and labor. Could you get some of these items CNC'd for less money as well?

I usually only fabricate parts if/when someone needs an interior, but the next time I get a batch of fi355 orders I'll definitely take it to the waterjet guys...wish I had one of those machines.
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK...we have a winner when it comes to defrost switch:

http://www.autopartswarehou...h/W0133-1624364.html

Let me know what you think:

Also received new headlight & dimmer switches...testing fitting on old bezel.

Also just spoke with the FieroStore...they need to run 2000 unit at minimum to produce...so that is a no go...especially since people are not happy with the quality of the grey units.

So here is the next option I plan on ordering to test:

UPDATE>>>FOUND A Warehouse that has the last of the GM NOS Power Mirror Switch (BLACK)
http://usautospares.com/pro...php/products_id/2827

This part is discontinued by GM too long ago.. most have sold back to the USA.. this is probably the VERY LAST to be available EVER ..unless you like to pay much more then this via a collector part warehouse in the USA...

GM Part # 20310107

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-18-2013).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

OK...we have a winner when it comes to defrost switch

It doesn't have the stock screw mounts and it is a smaller switch. I am going to spray paint my switches black to see how it looks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Stock carpet with cuts made to lay it flat for use as a template for new.

New flat carpeting stitched together on a sewing machine. Wedges were cut out at three corners and a separate piece attached over the wheel well. Buying a new molded carpet will save you the time & hassle.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi355 door handle & release mechanism test fitting & adjustments.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone using aftermarket aluminum gas/brake/clutch pedals? How are they attached, clamps, screws?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-22-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob

Sent you a PM.
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine are screws
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Mine are screws

Hey, I have the same ones. Yes, screwed on:

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Mine are screws

Where can I get a set ? My rubber pedals are worn out.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Wow! now I got to get a set.
PFF
System Bot
hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.srpracing.com/

These guys have a few different styles to choose from. And there's always The Fiero Store:

http://fierostore.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=50163
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.autovationparts....re/pontiacfiero.html

Or what ever badge you want there...I have my own being made for it:

and they also offer a Heel Guard:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-22-2013).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2013 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What color are your seats?

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2013 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

What color are your seats?

Light gray leather Mr. Mike's with matching lower door panel.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 01-23-2013).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Light gray leather Mr. Mike's with matching lower door panel.

Your lower dash should match the light grey on your seats, and the Fiero grey or maybe black on the top to minimize reflection in the windshield.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Trying out the Maguires plastic polish. It won't take out the deeper scratches, but it'll at least remove some 25 year old haze.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-23-2013).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trying out the Maguires plastic polish. It won't take out the deeper scratches, but it'll at least remove some 25 year old haze.

Brasso on a soft towel works wonders as well

Dr. W.

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-23-2013).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your lower dash should match the light grey on your seats, and the Fiero grey or maybe black on the top to minimize reflection in the windshield.

Good idea, but I was considering changing the whole interior color scheme and going with dark brown/black. I'd need need new Mr. Mikes (would be my third set) and new lower door panels...
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good idea, but I was considering changing the whole interior color scheme and going with dark brown/black. I'd need need new Mr. Mikes (would be my third set) and new lower door panels...

Your interior is in great shape. Changing the color scheme would mean re-doing the whole interior. If you do black/light grey...then a much simpler job.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Brasso on a soft towel works wonders as well

Dr. W.

Brasso?

G1 dash main gauge bezel with Fiero instrument cluster. The polishing helped out alot, though a few scratches remain.

How do you guys like my C6 Vette gauge faces? I got tired of looking at the old boring gauges.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-24-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Brasso?

G1 dash main gauge bezel with Fiero instrument cluster. The polishing helped out alot, though a few scratches remain.

How do you guys like my C6 Vette gauge faces? I got tired of looking at the old boring gauges.

Rob,

Brasso (available at Walmart and Home Depot) is a metal polish and it will etch plastic to a mirror finish and smooth out even deep scratches.

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-24-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Awesome!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking Awesome!

+1 I agree completely!

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-24-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Which gauges are you utilizing in that photo? Speedo & Tach
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob,

Which gauges are you utilizing in that photo? Speedo & Tach

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
+1x1000

Looking Awesome!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry everyone, if I ask a dumb question like that...which has already been answered. I flip to this page between design calls...do a lot of skimming during the day and real reading at night.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After seeing these pics I think I need some "private time by my self" .... looking Great!!!!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the gauge faces! Will you make those faces available separately for the speedo/tach

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait! Looking good!
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

After seeing these pics I think I need some "private time by my self" .... looking Great!!!!

It's turning out to be a really nice piece as I assemble all of the parts together.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by doublec4:

Love the gauge faces! Will you make those faces available separately for the speedo/tach

The C6 gauge faces are prototypes. Once the layout is finalized it'll become available in your choice of colors.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
G1 dash defroster vents utilizing the stock hex screens from the Fiero dashboard, trimmed down and re-painted.

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some great stuff going on in here!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indeed, we live in exciting times!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This guy just keeps outdoing himself !
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Excuse the picture I am about to post...it maybe blasphemy.

Have a request...can you show a picture of the dash area where it overlaps the door skin.

Best shot...would be with the driver's side door open...taking a shot of the passenger side door.

Trying to see how much the dash will cover and which areas of the door skin.

I am still looking at less expensive options for door skins...since the ones I want are going to be costly to produce and there are only so many days between now and the 30th in Indy.

I looked at Kingdom Custom's F355 door skin (NOT ROB'S)...just because I remember that the geometry was different then yours.

In my opinion his door handle seems to be more centered rather then dash forward then yours...leaving more empty forward space to cut up and re work to mold around the G1 dash.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

UPDATE...just chatted with Richard over at Kingdom...the door skins do not over-lay or interfere with stock dash...so there should be zero issues with using them with the G1...just need to clean up and re-work the upper right hand corner to make it look cleaner up against the G1 dash.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-27-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

I hope I did not offend you with posting the previous picture...haven't heard an update since I posted with question.

Update soon if possible!
CaptDale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaptDaleSend a Private Message to CaptDaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You all are making me want to start a build on my 87 GT
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock