Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 41)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tayne:

Wow Looks Great! I would love one too. When they are ready.

Yeah, can't wait to get it done. Thanks.
IP: Logged
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Want.....need.....new G1 pix.....!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Want.....need.....new G1 pix.....!

Making a couple Fi512 noses at the moment.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question for you guys interested in the G1 dash.

I was going to notch the driver side speaker opening due to the size of the instrument pod, but would you rather have full useable speaker space? If so, then I'll keep it stock & just overlap the pod. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 05-19-2012).]

CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My vote would be to notch it. If you could print a template for the modification required to properly fit and size the stock speaker covers it wouldn't require much on the installers end.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Question for you guys interested in the G1 dash.

I was going to notch the driver side speaker opening due to the size of the instrument pod, but would you rather have full useable speaker space? If so, then I'll keep it stock & just overlap the pod. Thanks.

I would vote that you print out Fierosound"s template and lay it over the current speaker position to see how much will be interfered with. I just had 3 sets of speaker plates cut on the waterjet

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

So if it is notched, does that mean we would not be able to utilize the stock size dash speaker...it doesn't matter to me either way...just trying to get clarification.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to bag the idea of notching the speaker opening because the stock speaker will not fit if I do so. The instrument pod will cover a portion of the speaker, but it will be a minor compromise for the sake of keeping things simple and cheap. Both the stock speakers and grills can be re-used. I will make the fit as flush as possible under the instrument pod. The Fierosound plates may not be needed since the solid fiberglass dash can support the speakers.

Fierosound template in place.

5 1/4" round speaker grill. No obstruction if you go this route, but reshaping the openings will be required on your end.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 05-20-2012).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm going to bag the idea of notching the speaker opening because the stock speaker will not fit if I do so. The instrument pod will cover a portion of the speaker, but it will be a minor compromise for the sake of keeping things simple and cheap. Both the stock speakers and grills can be re-used. I will make the fit as flush as possible under the instrument pod. The Fierosound plates may not be needed since the solid fiberglass dash can support the speakers.

Fierosound template in place.

5 1/4" round speaker grill. No obstruction if you go this route, but reshaping the openings will be required on your end.

Both of these look like great solutions Rob!

Dr. W.

P.S. My 512 nose prep starts this week I'll post pix in the other thread
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida
Great job on the dash

One suggestion
How about making the speaker openings 5 1/4" I think it looks better and complements the dash.
Not to mentions that there is a lot more speakers in the 5 1/4" size.

Keep up the good work
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Amida
Great job on the dash

One suggestion
How about making the speaker openings 5 1/4" I think it looks better and complements the dash.
Not to mentions that there is a lot more speakers in the 5 1/4" size.

Keep up the good work

Well, personally I prefer to go with the 5 1/4" round, but designing it that way will force others to buy new speakers. The main goals of this dash design is to keep it affordable & simple to install. It won't cost me any more to design it for 5 1/4" round, but new speakers will add to the total cost of installation. If you guys don't mind chucking the old speakers and buying new 5 1/4" round, then we'll go this route instead of the stock setup.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85LAMB has a good point...and really how much does it really cost to PONY up for a new set of 5 1/4" 2-way front dash speakers.

Rob...if you considered the 5 1/4" speakers...could you make it where it is flush mount speaker?

What does everyone (who is actually planning on purchasing one of the G1 dash) else think?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Rob,

Also where is the driver's side air vent going to be located?
...so we have a s reference in comparison to the speaker's placement

Thanks for all that you do!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Rob,

Also where is the driver's side air vent going to be located?
...so we have a s reference in comparison to the speaker's placement

Thanks for all that you do!

Don't know yet. It'll be located where it needs to be located which depends on what's going on down below the surface.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
double

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is another question...you can see the three switches that are placed on the far left side of the dash on my G37s...would their be room to do the same on the G1...thought that might me a good place for lights, parking lights, and trunk release?
code:

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea of using the 5 1/4 speakers. I think it will look better and if your buying this dash, I think the price of the speakers would be negligible. Keep up the great work. -Jason
Twinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwinnSend a Private Message to TwinnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also agree, go with the 5 1/4 inch speakers the cost of upgrading speakers is no big deal.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Do you and everything think that would be a good place for a trio of switches?

code:

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a random vote but I would vote for the 5 1/4" speakers. The set up will look and sound better. Like mentioned before, if you're purchasing this dash, I'm sure you could swing a new set of speakers.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob...any updates...please!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If my opinion matters, I'd like to to +1 for 5 1/4 round, or 6 1/2 round, whichever Rob wants to do. Not that at the cost of the dash, speaker price even matters, but my guess would be even $20 Autozone Pyle brand speakers probably outperform 20 year old factory speakers.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is another question...you can see the three switches that are placed on the far left side of the dash on my G37s...would their be room to do the same on the G1...thought that might me a good place for lights, parking lights, and trunk release?
code:

That will be a good spot to put the stock switches.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Rob,

Do you and everything think that would be a good place for a trio of switches?

code:

Not a good spot for switches...too close the air vent.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by infinitewill:

My 512 nose prep starts this week I'll post pix in the other thread

Please do so, the thread could use some new pics.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Repairing the pod model after one of my cats nocked it off the counter top.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OUCH!!! hopefully not too large of a set back.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE PLEASE!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2012 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE PLEASE and THANK YOU!
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE PLEASE and THANK YOU!

+1
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

+1

No new photos yet, just trying to focus on getting the designwork done.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, personally I prefer to go with the 5 1/4" round, but designing it that way will force others to buy new speakers. The main goals of this dash design is to keep it affordable & simple to install. It won't cost me any more to design it for 5 1/4" round, but new speakers will add to the total cost of installation. If you guys don't mind chucking the old speakers and buying new 5 1/4" round, then we'll go this route instead of the stock setup.

Just my opinion Rob, but most people have probably already upgraded anyway. Why keep a 20 year-old design feature in a new complete dash ? In addition, new speakers will be a small cost compared to the rest of this upgrade - why upgrade the whole dash and keep the old 4 x 10 speakers ? - like buying new shoes and wearing them with dirty socks .

As usual, terrific stuff !
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Just my opinion Rob, but most people have probably already upgraded anyway. Why keep a 20 year-old design feature in a new complete dash ? In addition, new speakers will be a small cost compared to the rest of this upgrade - why upgrade the whole dash and keep the old 4 x 10 speakers ? - like buying new shoes and wearing them with dirty socks .

As usual, terrific stuff !

Going with the 5 1\4" round. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Creating lower mounting flanges for the instrument cluster/pod. Pod will be attached at 6 points ( 4 screws to the dash, 2 bolts to the stock steering support frame ).

Modification of the stock steering column cover panel.

Scrap upholstery applied to achieve correct spacing before setting final pod mounting position.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 06-17-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!'
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's looking amazing...I can't wait!....i am really loving the work!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

I am going to need to need two units now that I just added an 88GT to my collection.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on door skin concepts to go with G1 dash:

code:

This is the correct shape of the Fiero inner door skin.

Maybe if I am lucky, I might inspire ROB!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-25-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock