Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put it into your 3D modeller & see how it looks.
IP: Logged
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Bob, Yes there's not much left of the Fiero in that last one, but I did try to design around the stock door glass. This next one I played off of your Bonneville theme. More mods needed for this one...changes to hood, wider fenders, headlights, framing. But, there's still a Fiero beneath it.
Amida

I like that, I was thinking about raising the front of the hood about 1 inch and doing something just like that.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake, why do you have to raise the hood, to clear the head lights?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-09-2006).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so the headlights will but up higher. However you can just cut into the hood, install the scoops, and the headlights IN the hood. Raise them how you must, have the fiero hood raise like it normally does, leaving the headlights behind, but taking the scoop with it.

Could be a nice project. I'll be using sunfire lights in mine when I get to it though.

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

so the headlights will but up higher. However you can just cut into the hood, install the scoops, and the headlights IN the hood. Raise them how you must, have the fiero hood raise like it normally does, leaving the headlights behind, but taking the scoop with it.

Could be a nice project. I'll be using sunfire lights in mine when I get to it though.

Follow the original lines. Leave the center part stock height but where the headlights go raise that part and make it flow with the headlights. Man, I wish I had PS to show you what I mean.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Put it into your 3D modeller & see how it looks

Geez, you make it sound easy... If I were better at it, it probably would be.

Bob

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, you make it look easy to do.

A slight variation on the hood venting:

I'll try fitting the 300zx headlights next. Being lower profile, they may not require raising the front side of the hood like the Bonneville lights would.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-13-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just make sure you take the width of the 300zx lights into consideration... They are pretty dang wide... I'd say about 25 inches..
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2006 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake, why do you have to raise the hood, to clear the head lights?

Yes, It could probably be done without raising the hood but I'm thinking of adding some other things there as well.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the Fiero with 300zx headlights, fender flares and aero fascia with extended lower lip. The lower profile of the lights should fit in pretty well with the slope of the Fiero hood.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a sketch of the new GTP type front fascia that I'm currently working on. It'll be a fiberglass replacement for the stock Fiero bumper cover.

PFF
System Bot
Tusch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a cool idea, I like the fiero like grill/opening. It looks stock but with a slight modern look, works well with the lights.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's exactly the goal of this design. To incorporate late model GTP lighting & styling cues into the Aero fascia in a way that will compliment the stock Fiero look without having to change anything else on the car. My thinking is if Pontiac designed a new Fiero aero fascia today that this is what it might look like.

This is a variation with top intakes. I haven't decided if I should include them. What do you guys think?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-21-2006).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I thinking that the snouts add that more agressive look to it that makes the fascia!! Also, Amida have you seen an extended windsheild installed in a fiero up close and personal like?? I ask cuz I am having a hard time seeing how to keep the spare tire compartment in a fiero sealed.... Have you thought about this at all??

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Deep thoughts by Pavo_Roddy!!!! :D

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Rob. I like the nose snout's too. I was trying to figure a way to incorporate them in my design, but I haven't quite figured out how to make them functional. I've played with adding the Bonny front to mine, but with the weather being nice, I've spent more time in the garage then in the dungeon (computer room in the basement).

keep up the good work...

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pavo, I will have the windshield in my Formula hopefully in the summer. I'm going to figure out if it will make a feasible conversion kit.

I think the snouts still have a factory look, I could probably just make that an optional thing. To make them functional will definitely require fabricating a passage way through the framework; perhaps a duct that's about 1" tall. Thanks.

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pavo, I will have the windshield in my Formula hopefully in the summer. I'm going to figure out if it will make a feasible conversion kit.

I think the snouts still have a factory look, I could probably just make that an optional thing. To make them functional will definitely require fabricating a passage way through the framework; perhaps a duct that's about 1" tall. Thanks.

Hi all,

This is def. good news!! Please, please, please do a build thread with pics, when you do the windsheild conversion....Did I mention, PLEASE....! I can't remember his name right now here on pff, but there was another member that did add the snout's to an otherwise stock aero fascia.....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Deep thoughts by Pavo_Roddy!!!! :D

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Stretch looks good in profile....but......

You end up with the chassis geometry so changed that you have serious handling issues. The balance of the car is completely changed with increased rear end bias. Good for straight line but a problem for maneuvering. Just my .02

Arn

that would be somewhat true if it used a stock drivetrain

i did a few photochops years ago when i was planning to use a longitudinal tranny and engine setup in the mid engine layout - moving the wheels back without doing a stretch would allow it all to fit easily and would actually improve weight distribution over stock.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A longitudinal power train would have a better weight distribution for sure, but if using Porsche/Audi tranny a longer wheelbase would be unavoidable.
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2006 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That 3-d stuff is amazing, wish I had the time to learn how to use the tools. I still have to figure out Photoshop.
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2006 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the Bonny fron was proving to be a real bi^#% to do, and what was coming out, I didn't like. So I scrapped it. I went back to my other design and refined it a bit. New nose, hood, skirts, etc. What do you think...

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2006 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, Looks real good. I'd wrap the skirt around the rear bumper as well for more ground effect, maybe even make the skirt a little deeper. The hood looks like it has a cowl induction set-up. These wheels look alike.

fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2006 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Well, the Bonny fron was proving to be a real bi^#% to do, and what was coming out, I didn't like. So I scrapped it. I went back to my other design and refined it a bit. New nose, hood, skirts, etc. What do you think...

Bob

looks like the phirana to me

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2006 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will wrap the skirts around the back. Just not too sure how that will look, yet. I kind of modeled the skirts after Detmer's. I saw a post in the Mall and thought they looked cool. It just doesn't show up very well. I need to figure out how to do the "twist" function to make them right. I saw the wheels at tirerack a while ago. I don't remember the manufacturer, but I do have it at work. Now that the car is blue, it does look the Alex's Plazma. The Plazma is a little more outrageous, but although not intentional, I guess it was in the back of my mind. I could have picked a lot worse

Back to the drawing board...

Bob

Hmm, maybe the cowl induction can cool my amps....
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2006 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at the size of those tires on the back of that car ! I'm not familiar with the Pirhana, but it sure looks beefy. Is that a body kit that's available?
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2006 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob: The car pictured is the Plazma. Both cars were one-offs created by Alex Koulygine.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/041016.html

Alex was looking for financing for the Plazma when he died in a traffic accident. His designs were out of this world.

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's an amazing piece of work he did on that plazma, but what a tragedy to go like that; so suddenly.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I liked what he did with the 1/4 glass, I was on the same wavelength.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been tied up lately with interior builds for the 355 rep builders. This one is going into a roadster in Canada.

I've worked on a couple of ideas for the final shape of my new GTP fascia. Although keeping the rake angle of the stock GT aero fascia would have been the closest to the stock look, it wouldn't work right with the new fog lights since the cups would be way too deep on the bottom side & would look strange. So I came up with two designs: 1) Smooth, rounded, one piece aero look with under cut angle simillar to '06 GTP. 2) Straighter, flatter, two piece look similar to Ferrari bumpers. I'm leaning towards the '06 GTP look, but I'll get a better Idea once I start building the plug.

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
I can empathise with your interior work. That's pretty much all I've done in what spare time I have. Have I ever mentioned I hate sanding? I like the second design, but I'd like to see you chop about 2 to 3" off the front of both. Bring the nose back toward the wheels.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was drawing freehand so it may be a little long. The length is really going to depend on how the front portion curves down on front of the hood line. I saw on some 355 type bumpers that this area seemed abit long. Don't know if it has to be that way for all the lines to match up, but if it's too long up front then I'll curve it in a little more.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a revised draft of the previous drawing. It seemed a little too long so I shortened the nose a couple of inches. So far on the project I have formed some intermediate moulds for the top, front & sides. I'm currently shaping the foglight cups afterwhich I'll begin blending it all together.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. In about a months time you might be able to see pictures of my sunfire front end... Its going to be similar to that, exept the vents aren't going to look "fiero".
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HEy, cool Rob. I was wondering if this thread had died. Too busy on projects to work inside.

let's see more stuff

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Sunfire nose should look pretty good. Here is an expanded side view of the new nose to get a better overall idea of how it will look.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 06-17-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a stock Fiero wheelbase version of the previous 2M8.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 06-17-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another front end idea this one with Prelude fog/turn lights & 300zx headhlights.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's some new pics of one of the interiors that I've just completed in leather; color matched to MrMikes tan#13. A refreshing interior swap for a 355 roadster with a modified flat floor.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-01-2006).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Rob!! That looks awesome. There was a post here yesterday about interior swap options. I gave you a plug. You need to get those pics over there. The only thing I see missing is Bob's (riceburner's) HVAC controller (I plug everyone )

Bob
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock