Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 39)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Austrian Import...this is from our friend of mutual interest email:

"I have the entire Solstice suspension but I do not have the most important component.....Mounting Dimentions.

I would love to start on this project again, but I scraped the rear end cutaway I was using for fitment.
If you could help me find the mounting points dimensions, I could be much for usfull to your research. Several people on PFF have or has had a KAPA but have not responded to my requests for pictures of the mounting points and or measurements."

Here is the response I just emailed him:

I will have these measurements come COB tomorrow and will be sharing them
IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ran into a clearance issue with the steering support frame in the area marked with blue tape. The stereo/nav unit is 6.5" deep and the upper left corner was hitting the frame which was interfering by 3/4".

Rather than cut a notch in the frame & weld back in a patch...I'm sure you guys would rather not deal with that.... the center stack was moved back by 3/8" and the stereo spaced out by another 3/8". For another 1/8"-1/4" more room a small area in the corner of the support frame will need to be hammered in with a mallet.

Center stack moved back by 3/8" with 3/8" stereo spacer.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-12-2012).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

You might want to consider what I am doing. I purchased a Galaxy Tab Plus off craigslist for $100.00...going to mount it with ears on the back side of the dash...slide in... permanent power hookup...since I will be driving mostly everyday and the tablet has some absurd standby time...will use mini head-jack to race to feed to amplifier that can me place where ever you want. It gives a real radio tuner, HD tuner, Internet Streams (all the Internet)...with 3G or 4G wifi. I have a free 4g usb stick I get from work....but clear offers $45 unlimited a month with 3g/4g usb stick...then marry that with a inexpensive tp-link mobile router ($45)...Galaxy Tab connects to mobile TP-Link router via Wi-Fi...when you power on the car and you a fully empower multimedia/communication's center to the inter...can even show you have to install and SIP softphone on the tablet and have a free GV number for your car...even forwards to your cell number when not in the car.

Just a thought
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
sorry for all the typos above...my wireless keyboard batteries were almost dead...and I just click submit before proofing
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Rob,

Looks like you figure out a way to get the air vent more flush...how did do it?
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the progress. Would love to see more pictures.

I'm a bit confused about your post on "moving back" the center console. Which way is "back" towards the cabin center, or towards the front of the car?
Also it looks like the center console sits about as high vertically as the stock shifter surround. I thought you were going to move it lower to reduce some of the perceived bulk.

So far I love the Double DIN surround. I'm a bit confused about the black plastic plate surrounding it. Is it just temporary, or will it be a flat piece there?

I've been looking for momentary on - off - on paddle switches. I found a few, but none that are more reminiscent of the Gallardo style paddles. (or the MINI Cooper S paddles.)

I too like the idea of using an Android tablet PC. It's great that your dash allows for unlimited customization. Maybe, if you have time, to satisfy the curiosity of some posters you could measure out popular tablet sizes on cardboard/card stock, so people can visualize tablets in the center console and/or as a replacement for the stock gauges.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7"
Dimensions (W x H x D)
4.74 x 7.48 x 0.47 inches

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
196.8 x 133 x 7.89 mm

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Available in 7", and 10.1"
(see link for specs)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
256.6 x 172.9 x 8.6mm

Asus Transformer Prime
263 x 180.8 x 8.3mm

Apple iPad 2
241.2 x 185.7 x 8.8mm

Apple iPad 3
Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
Depth: 0.37 inch (9.4 mm)

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 04-13-2012).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-28-2012).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Good luck getting an hvac panel from Riceburner, I've been waiting for over 2 years for him to have product; I even had to give away my last panel to a customer who was also waiting. I've already given up on him.

Might want to check with him, He emailed me about a month or two ago and said he had some available,
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Riceburner., had a green & blue of the old left...now after me getting the blue...all he has is one green left of the old units. He is working on 10 of the new multi-color units that will be ready shortly. The last green unit is going for $450 and the new units will be somewhere between $500-$600. Email him for definite price on new multi-color units.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Saw this ad online and thought you might be interested:

ferrari 355 spider fiberglass molds $1000 obo

Date Listed 16-Apr-12
Price $1,000.00
Address London, ON N5V 4E9, Canada

closing up shop, selling ferrari 355 spider molds for making fiberglass parts from. the molds are complete for the exterior.
These molds are made for a stretched fiero and is bolt on for it.
The molds have a smooth surface free of scratches or and kind of defects. call or tx 5196945115 for more info
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE,

No offense but could you cut back on posting all that stuff in this thread? Just seems to be cluttering up the actual build that's taking place. Maybe start your own thread for what you want to do with your own car or PM him. Just a thought.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Continuing the G1 dash model build.

Rally gauge mock up with simulated carbon fiber vinyl wrap. Waiting on delivery of digital rally gauges from : http://www.tomsdigitalelectronics.com/

Center section mock up with a Solstice air vent which costs a little more than the G6 vent, but it's a flush fit & easier to install. Waiting on delivery of Carlingtech switch panel.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My apologies...I meant no disrespect to anyone. I was sharing my thoughts and Ideas on this build because it is featuring Rob's new G1 dash...which I personally requested for him to create. And I thought this was all about sharing ideas to help and inspire and get feedback from each other...sorry about the confusion.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Rob,

Things are looking amazing!

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow great job!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! And YES!

Awesome interior is coming together here!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received the digital mini gauges from : http://www.tomsdigitalelectronics.com/

This will be used in my Formula F6 widetrack project car.

The Formula was re-wired before for VDO gauges. Now, I have to create new quick disconnect plugs for the factory instrument cluster...which I never thought that i'd use again...it's a good thing that I kept the old plugs.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob

what color did you go with ?

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also love the way the solstice vents look...much cleaner!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Rob

what color did you go with ?

Got the blue mini gauges. I prefer the stock analog type for the tach & speedo. Having a problem with the temp gauge, however...it's not working properly. It only displays 80 or 255 .

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-25-2012).]

stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Having a problem with the temp gauge, however...it's not working properly. It only displays 80 or 255 .

Might seem stupid, but are you sure you hooked it up to the correct wire from the sending unit. It sounds like you might have it wired up to the idiot light wire

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stickboy:

Might seem stupid, but are you sure you hooked it up to the correct wire from the sending unit. It sounds like you might have it wired up to the idiot light wire

That happened to me before when I installed the Fi355 interior...wires were crossed on the sending unit connector.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The temp gauge does work now. It started working after I removed & re-installed the gauges, and disconnected/re-connected the plugs. It must have been a loose connection/ poor contact.

These digital gauges from Tomsdigitalelectronics are pretty cool.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-25-2012).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG...you are such an artist! What speedo & tach did you utilize and the blue looks awsome...I am so glad I decided on blue for my gauges.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does look awesome so far. Its too bad it doesn't look like round gauges could fit in the pod where the rally gauges are.
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got the blue mini gauges. I prefer the stock analog type for the tach & speedo. Having a problem with the temp gauge, however...it's not working properly. It only displays 80 or 255 .

WOW...
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OMG...you are such an artist! What speedo & tach did you utilize and the blue looks awsome...I am so glad I decided on blue for my gauges.

Stock speedo & tach
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by doublec4:

It does look awesome so far. Its too bad it doesn't look like round gauges could fit in the pod where the rally gauges are.

It wouldn't fit as is because the bezel is 1 15/16" tall. For 2 1/16" round gauges an new bezel 1/4" taller would be needed and the hood raised by the same amount.

PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does that mean something like this, would not work?

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rob...i am curious too see how you will finish the pod and hide those bulk screws & washer...i am sure you have an answer...i just don't know what it is...lol!

Just curiosity.

Read the (recent) thread and you'll have the answer - those are temporary.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Yeah guys, read my posts !
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Does that mean something like this, would not work?

Those look like large Autometer gauges which will need an even larger bezel, or go with an external gauge setup.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Also...how did you do the chrome bezels around the stock Fiero gauges

Trade secret.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Rob,

Would a 1990 Buick Riviera digital gauge cluster fit into the G1 pod?

Don't know. I'm only concerned with the Fiero cluster.

Like I said before, this is a do-it-yourself dash kit. You guys can stuff in whatever kind of gauge cluster your heart desires on your end. When I'm done designing this dash...I am done, done, done, and moving on to my F6 Formula project.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I think he knows that they're temporary. He was just confused how they will disappear in the final version. (As in, which solution Amida had planned.)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock