Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 36)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

More experimenting.

Found a couple of cheap cage switches on Ebay. Trimmed off the ends of the plastic housings with a cutoff disk. It would look cleaner with a new cover bezel.

I don't think that the Mini switches go well with the Fiero HVAC or the overall design. Too prominent. Something elegant and unobtrusive would be better IMO.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-22-2012).]

IP: Logged
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got the model of the universal fender flare primed. Most of it will likely be trimmed away for the front wheels since most of the width is only needed at the top.

where did you get these?
I've been wanting to do fender extensions for the front of my 88 so I can use a second set of rear 88 Black wheels up front to widen the stnce a bit.
shoot me a PM if you ever have time. Thanks!!
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

where did you get these?
I've been wanting to do fender extensions for the front of my 88 so I can use a second set of rear 88 Black wheels up front to widen the stnce a bit.
shoot me a PM if you ever have time. Thanks!!

I made it.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I don't think that the Mini switches go well with the Fiero HVAC or the overall design. Too prominent. Something elegant and unobtrusive would be better IMO.

They look okay to me, but in the photo it's not seated properly...it's sticking out 1.5" because the area behind is blocked with cardboard. It will look better when I make a flush bezel with graphics.

Billet buttons are simple & clean.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-23-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Billet buttons are simple & clean.

I agree.
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm all for the billet buttons. They look great. I would need labels on my toggles so my brain won't be in a boggle.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's great! I just need to borrow it to take some measurements in order to ensure that the new G1 shifter surround can accommodate both manual & auto shifters. I already have a shifter...just need the surround. If you can send one to me in good condition that'll be great.

Thanks,

Rob
Fierovation

Rob,

The surround went out today. Forgot I had your address on the box for my i512 nose!

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To me, the toggles just seem '2FAST2FURIOUS'...
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
G-1 updates, G-1 updates, G-1 updates!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Rob,

The surround went out today. Forgot I had your address on the box for my i512 nose!

Will

Thank you.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by aeffertz:

To me, the toggles just seem '2FAST2FURIOUS'...

This illuminated switch panel on Ebay is more subdued. it can be used to replace the stock power windows, power doorlocks, etc. made by Carling...about $100.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-25-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Glovebox from the Pontiac G6; purchased on Ebay for $25. An assembly that already has a latch & hinges. I'll see if I can design the dash around it. If all goes well, the glovebox assembly should just screw into the dash. However, the Fiero HVAC unit will create a clearance issue which will require some trimming at the back of the glovebox unless I can move it rearward enough to clear the hvac unit.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-26-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glovebox from the Pontiac G6; purchased on Ebay for $25. An assembly that already has a latch & hinges. I'll see if I can design the dash around it.

That's smart thinking! I like it!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No G-1 updates in a week? Withdrawal sets in...!
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM Amida
Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An "F" to the "G"....harvesting mounting flanges from the donor dash.

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

An "F" to the "G"....harvesting mounting flanges from the donor dash.

Are you still able to reproduce the F40 dash? I'm actually interested in ordering one sometime around august.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Continuing the G1 dash model mockup.

More adjustments to positioning & shape as I zero-in on a setup that will work best with the stock Fiero gauges and the G6 glove box. But , I've been on hold waiting for delivery of some Fiero dash parts. More adjustments may be needed depending on how the Fiero dash is layed out. The Fi40 dash prototype is used as a base structure providing the needed mounting flanges.

The G6 glovebox assembly will work with this dash, but it is very close to the heater unit and I will likely have to trim the back of the box a little to get more clearance to position the box better.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-05-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

Are you still able to reproduce the F40 dash? I'm actually interested in ordering one sometime around august.

Yes, I still have the tooling for the Fi40 dash.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-05-2012).]

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. This is good.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Have you ever made a custom dash, takin the current like the 355 then adding ideas onto it?

Thanx all,

Ear-ick...
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Continuing the G1 dash model mockup.

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Want, want, want!

------------------

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Want, want, want!

oh man, K has got that glazed over look in his eyes
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious, with the laid back windshield, would this design work in a choptop ??
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Just curious, with the laid back windshield, would this design work in a choptop ??

I would say that if the stock Fiero dash fits in a chop top then the G1 dash should also fit.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much leg room/cabin room do we lose with the glove box? How does the room behind the dash change in that area? Do we gain/lose additional room? Maybe a great area for someone to mount an 8", or 10" subwoofer, should they choose to.

When you get a chance, I would love to see pictures from the driver's side/perspective, and/or from outside, or above the car (which would show how far the dash sticks out vs. stock)

While this may be a niche market, it may be interesting how this dash looks with the AD 355 7" extended windshield, or the Sebring windshield, and the tray that goes with it.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did you get the dash I sent you?
D.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

How much leg room/cabin room do we lose with the glove box? How does the room behind the dash change in that area? Do we gain/lose additional room? Maybe a great area for someone to mount an 8", or 10" subwoofer, should they choose to.

When you get a chance, I would love to see pictures from the driver's side/perspective, and/or from outside, or above the car (which would show how far the dash sticks out vs. stock)

While this may be a niche market, it may be interesting how this dash looks with the AD 355 7" extended windshield, or the Sebring windshield, and the tray that goes with it.

Not sure yet
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by whodeanie:

did you get the dash I sent you?
D.

No.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Have you ever made a custom dash, takin the current like the 355 then adding ideas onto it?

Thanx all,

Ear-ick...

I may try a one-off someday for my own car.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
There is a slight overlapping condition between the left factory speaker grill & the G1 instrument pod. The simplest thing to do is to just keep it as is, but I'm thinking of notching the grill to eliminate the overlap. But, it may depend on whether the speakers are mounted from above or below the dash. If the factory speaker can be under mounted then I'll be able to notch the grill opening.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-11-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Preserving the shape of the G1 instrument pod model with fiberglass mat before the cardboard & glue comes apart & the model collapses.

Twinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwinnSend a Private Message to TwinnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the G1 dash so far keep the updates comeing. Being as this is an updated dash any thought to adding a cup holder?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Twinn:

Love the G1 dash so far keep the updates comeing. Being as this is an updated dash any thought to adding a cup holder?

Yes, the most likely place to put a cup hold would be back on the armrest. However, that would be up to the individual to do the fabrication as the G1 dash will go as far back as the shifter surround. It will be designed to go with the stock Fiero armrest. The other option would be to purchase a cup holder accessory at your local auto parts store.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
More preliminary mock up of the G1 dash model.

Dialing in on an ideal fitment of the G6 glovebox.

The instrument pod is working well with the stock Fiero gauge panel. Trimming off the corners of the panel really helps to make this possible. The pod can also accommodate after market gauges as well.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks sweet
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe these dashes could help a bit with inspiration as well, those are among my favorite dashes:

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Help ID-ing this interior

Aston Martin Rapide

At more "mortal" price ranges the e46 interior, with an aftermarket stereo always looked clean.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Notice the toggle switches by the e-brake. That's exactly the spot where the Fiero switches are.

Even on the dash OEM Lambo changes the look of the toggle switches:

The dash really lends itself to lighter colors:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Amida, maybe you can take advantage of that hump in the middle surrounding the shifter, and make the center console much lower, or allow for a "gated shifter" look

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock