Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 35)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sir, have one hell of an eye for a good design! So many amazing tweaks that I would love to add to my car. That dash design really raises the bar, love that you are making it readily customizable per different transmissions and head units. Great updates!
IP: Logged
Mark A. Klein

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it! But uhm, wheres the cup holder? I need a t least one...
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I like it, I love it, I want more of it!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-12-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Double post

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-12-2012).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2012 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just so we remember who we are dealing with here...

Tony
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always enjoy reading through your updates. Great work!
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

(still need door panels hint hint Rob .

Ya thanks for the reminder...are there other F40 guys interested in fi40 door panels on Madmechanics?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mark A. Klein:

I love it! But uhm, wheres the cup holder? I need a t least one...

That would have to be an add-on accessory from the auto parts store...like a velcro attachment to the side of the waterfall, for example.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
These billet buttons would go well with the theme. Find at: http://www.autoloc.com/

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
These aircraft & cage toggles on Ebay look interesting.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Amida should make a simple (and affordable) kit using the stock Fiero parts as much as possible and leave customization to the individual owner...
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ya thanks for the reminder...are there other F40 guys interested in fi40 door panels on Madmechanics?

I'm asking them now - one guy from Maine that I have dealt with before is interested. I would like a speaker pod for a 6.5 inch speaker incorporated into it. A add on piece as others might not want a speaker pod. Only reason for the pod is that I lost the 4x10's in the original dash.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I think Amida should make a simple (and affordable) kit using the stock Fiero parts as much as possible and leave customization to the individual owner...

That's the plan...a simple & affordable replacement dash with modern, recognizable Italian styling. If I design this right a monkey should be able to install this in one weekend.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by ferrobi:

I'm asking them now - one guy from Maine that I have dealt with before is interested. I would like a speaker pod for a 6.5 inch speaker incorporated into it. A add on piece as others might not want a speaker pod. Only reason for the pod is that I lost the 4x10's in the original dash.

There are a couple different F40 doorpanel styles, which one are we talking about?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A sacrificial offering to the Bulls.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it, especially the double DIN part.
Curious about the switches. How much interior room do we lose with this dash? I'm assuming the stock center console is further away?

Yes, I would like a good provision for a cup holder as well, especially since we're loosing the "unofficial" cup holders. What do the official Gallardo cup holders look like? (I've driven a few, but I can't remember neither what a Ferrari, or Gallardo cup holder looked like. - I was thinking about other things. )
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

I'm assuming the stock center console is further away?

Shifter , window & mirror switches haven't been moved..they're in the stock position. Shifter panel will be slimmer. Center stack slightly closer at the bottom, a little farther at the top, rally gauges a few inches further away... it all balances out.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are a couple different F40 doorpanel styles, which one are we talking about?

http://images.fieroforum.co...ages2/f40_door_2.jpg

http://images.fieroforum.co...oor_card_sketch2.jpg

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 02-14-2012).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too need interior door panels for my Fiero base F40!

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shifter , window & mirror switches haven't been moved..they're in the stock position. Shifter panel will be slimmer. Center stack slightly closer at the bottom, a little farther at the top, rally gauges a few inches further away... it all balances out.

Cool, this is interesting. I like it being more narrow, as the metal underneath the console skeleton it narrow.
Have you figured out where Lamborghini put it's cup holders?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Probably the best place for a built in cup holder woud be in the armrest area which is something the end user will have to figure out and/or fabricate. I will only take the G1 dash as far back as the shifter surround and there will not be a cup holder in the design.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Probably the best place for a built in cup holder woud be in the armrest area which is something the end user will have to figure out and/or fabricate. I will only take the G1 dash as far back as the shifter surround and there will not be a cup holder in the design.

Good to hear. Cup holders are ugly anyways.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Google is your friend:

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Yellowstone. I didn't want to duplicate efforts if Amida already found tons of pics. Also, I didn't think cupholders were easy to find. It's not what a typical person looks at when looking at the Gallardo.

That placement wouldn't work on a Fiero, I think. Not even sure how ergonomic that is on a Gallardo. I still like the idea of cupholders towards the front, or similar to the Porsche 911/Boxster's. It just needs to be out of the way of the shifter. That's one of the gripes I have with the Miata cupholders, although it's still better than not having any at all.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Amida, could you take some pictures from the driver's viewpoint, outside the car, from the front, or above the car?
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Amida, if you know, is the height of your 355 bumper shorter than an oem one? Also, if anyone knows the height of an oem one, please lemme know...

Thanx all,

Ear-ick...

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

Life's best tour guides? Contrast and mixture. One sets things apart yet cohesively, the other seperates associatingly.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys please hold off on the special photo requests, I'm only at the cardboard, stir sticks & hot glue stage of a preliminary dash model which only gives me a general idea of what I'm going after. It will not represent a finished model because I'll likely make several changes along the way. When I have something more presentable then I'll take a bunch of shots like I usually do. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Amida, if you know, is the height of your 355 bumper shorter than an oem one? Also, if anyone knows the height of an oem one, please lemme know...

Thanx all,

Ear-ick...

Yes, I believe I shaved off about an 1" from the bottom of the donor F355 nose when I did the design work.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
G1 dash info:

No ashtrays.., but you may be able to cut one into the side the shifter surround if you absolutely have to smoke in the car.

There will be a glove box however.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Guys please hold off on the special photo requests, I'm only at the cardboard, stir sticks & hot glue stage of a preliminary dash model which only gives me a general idea of what I'm going after. It will not represent a finished model because I'll likely make several changes along the way. When I have something more presentable then I'll take a bunch of shots like I usually do. Thanks.

hehehe i think you just have gotten everyone a little excited with your project.
PFF
System Bot
deloreanant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've looked and looked and looked for a dash that I like to put in my Fiero. If this one happens, then I'm going to have to say this is the one I would choose. Keep up the great work. I love that you are designing it to be easily customized.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deloreanant:

I've looked and looked and looked for a dash that I like to put in my Fiero. If this one happens, then I'm going to have to say this is the one I would choose. Keep up the great work. I love that you are designing it to be easily customized.

Just experimenting right now. When I have the model completed I'll be seeking guys interest in pre-ordering. Hopefully, there will be enough interest to make this worthwhile. Thanks.

Continuing on the G1 dash model mockup.

Purchased some $4 ON-OFF toggle switches off of Ebay to experiment with...however, couldn't find any momentary ON-OFF switches of the same brand.

The round Billet push buttons in the pic above are the most expensive but are available in both ON-OFF & momentary ON-OFF, can be labeled, and also use the least amount of space.

The wide stock Fiero shifter surround will be no more. Replaced by a slimmer, more streamlined surround without the stupid double ashtrays.

Panel pieces were rough cut out of 1/8" ABS plastic using a power jig saw. Actual kit panels will likely be made of either ABS or aluminum precision cut using a waterjet.

Rob
Fierovation

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-19-2012).]

ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just experimenting right now. When I have the model completed I'll be seeking guys interest in pre-ordering. Hopefully, there will be enough interest to make this worthwhile. Thanks.

Continuing on the G1 dash model mockup.

Purchased some $4 ON-OFF toggle switches off of Ebay to experiment with...however, couldn't find any momentary ON-OFF switches of the same brand.

The round Billet push buttons in the pic above are the most expensive but are available in both ON-OFF & momentary ON-OFF, can be labeled, and also use the least amount of space.

The wide stock Fiero shifter surround will be no more. Replaced by a slimmer, more streamlined surround without the stupid double ashtrays.

Panel pieces were rough cut out of 1/8" ABS plastic using a power jig saw. Actual kit panels will likely be made of either ABS or aluminum precision cut using a waterjet.

Rob
Fierovation

i really like...
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I get the center section back into the car I may re-visit my gate shifting idea from 6 years ago. It probably will not work, but just playing with the idea.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
PART NEEDED: Does anyone have a spare stock Fiero AUTOMATIC shifter surround that they can donate/lend to the cause? I'll pay for the shipping.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, keep it up! Sorry, I don't have a auto shifter surround...
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I think I have a couple Rob, what kind of condition do you need?

Dr. W.

That's great! I just need to borrow it to take some measurements in order to ensure that the new G1 shifter surround can accommodate both manual & auto shifters. I already have a shifter...just need the surround. If you can send one to me in good condition that'll be great.

Thanks,

Rob
Fierovation

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More experimenting.

Found a couple of cheap cage switches on Ebay. Trimmed off the ends of the plastic housings with a cutoff disk. It would look cleaner with a new cover bezel.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock