Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 34)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have a pm.
IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes when I run into a design decision & I'm not sure of a course of action to take I just stop and stare. I may glance at it each time I walk on by. This can continue for hours, days, weeks before I get an Ah Ha ! moment.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-15-2012).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah Ha! ... as in you're going to continue to bring the edges of the wing down over that tape and creat more of a "wrap around"?
wee twisted

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wee twistedSend a Private Message to wee twistedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe tying it in with back of notch back..giving it fatter look in the back
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep...that's just what I was thinking that was missing...a slight wrap around will help blend the lines together.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Excellent eyes guys! That would give more detail, does that mean you'll add to the scoop itself, like enlongating it?

Thanx all,

Air-eek...
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, any chance we could get you to make this style spoiler for the fastback as well? I could have a deposit for you if needed?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Amida, any chance we could get you to make this style spoiler for the fastback as well? I could have a deposit for you if needed?

I can, but I need a GT to work on. The rear is totally different.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Excellent eyes guys! That would give more detail, does that mean you'll add to the scoop itself, like enlongating it?

Thanx all,

Air-eek...

The tail will stay the same length/height. I will just be adding a slight wrap around to tie the deck line to the tail.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Busted out the Sawzall today to open up the side intake. Since the rockers allowed for another 1 inch of breathing room might as well take advantage of it and widen the intake & clean up the side lines a little in the process.

Not bad-not bad at all. You know that by pulling out the front you'll eventually will have to do the same for the top and behind the rear wheel (in order to clean-up the design). I like the bottom rear bumper modifications too and yes-you should close it. Just my. 02

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
yes-you should close it.

It is closed now, thanks for the feedback.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Preparing to perform surgery.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Positioning jig for Maxima light pockets ensures a consistent fit everytime. One lesson that I've learned from the Fi355 nose project is to never again design around costly Ferrari parts if a more affordable alternative is available on Ebay .

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-22-2012).]

vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a P.M.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2012 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anybody got one of Amida's new noses installed yet ???
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The big blocky Fiero instrument panel was always an issue because it would never fit into an angled pod. Maybe by chopping off the corners I'll end up with a piece that I can work with.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like where this is going. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I like where this is going. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

It's only a design study at this point to see if a more affordable dash\console is possible. Maybe I should start a new thread on this "G-1" dash to see if anyone is interested. It's loosely modeled after the Lamborghini Gallardo; not a strict replica.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-04-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I like the G-1! Keep up the good work!

It's just a chipboard mockup for now just to get a visual on how I should make the layout using as many stock Fiero components as possible..instruments, switches etc. Keeping it simple = keeping it affordable. But designing & tooling a dash/console is a major huge project, I willl need some supporters to get this going for sure.

Thanks.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone tell me if there is supposed to be a metal bracket under the black plastic console frame near the cigarett lighter? It feels really spongy to me for some reason, not very solid there. Thanks.

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's just a chipboard mockup for now just to get a visual on how I should make the layout using as many stock Fiero components as possible..instruments, switches etc. Keeping it simple = keeping it affordable. But designing & tooling a dash/console is a major huge project, I willl need some supporters to get this going for sure.

Thanks.

You have my attention. Looks like it will be a nice replacement. Will you have door panels to go with it?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

You have my attention. Looks like it will be a nice replacement. Will you have door panels to go with it?

If there is enough interest in the G-1 dash/console, then the door panels can be added in phase 2 .

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, you have a PM.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ran into a clearance issue between the instrument panel & the central stack. To create more clearance I narrowed down the stack by 1" which is the limit before the air vents contact each other.

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If there is enough interest in the G-1 dash/console, then the door panels can be added in phase 2 .

Looks like you are on track with it.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob, did you get my last PM?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Continuing the G1 dash model mockup. Determining position & fitting of a few components. It's all guess work, trial & error, trying to figuring out how this should best go together.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You had me at Gallardo.

I'm interested. (try not to lose too much cabin space with the Lamborghini/Aston Martin "waterfall" center, if at all possible)
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Continuing the G1 dash model mockup. Determining position & fitting of a few components. It's all guess work, trial & error, trying to figuring out how this should best go together.

Awesome! I want!
PFF
System Bot
stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I like the g1 dash so far!!!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So we won't forget about Amida's "inspriration":

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-08-2012).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have my interest
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
G-1 updates, I want G-1 updates! :-D
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested but I would have to buy another fiero as my current one already has your AMAZING FI40 dash setup and 355 console (still need door panels hint hint Rob . And I don't think my other half would go for that. But that sure is going to be sweet and great that people can just swap their current gauges into it - EASY.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested!
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

So we won't forget about Amida's "inspriration":

Ya, but just for inspiration...the G1 dash plan will have it's differences since the objective is to work with the existing Fiero layout & components. It definitely is not intended to be an exact replica.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Continuing the G1 dash model mockup.

Positioning of a double din stereo receiver.

Will need to determine how much space is needed for various off-the-shelf toggle/rocker switches under the stereo. A switch panel is not required, but space will be made available if the user decides to install switches. Once the switch spacing is determined the HVAC controller will be raised into position.

The Pontiac G6 air vents can be installed with or with out the black bezel rings. (surface mounted with bezel, flush mounted without bezel )

The Audi TT shifter ring is just being used as a visual aid. The shifter panel will likely be left blank so that users can select their own choice of boot type/style.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-11-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock