Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 33)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Rob
I'm very interested to see what you come up with here. I have been looking for a good rear spoiler that will flow with your Fi355 nose.

This is my spoiler. It's similar to the 355.

Austin
IP: Logged
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will probabley buy that same spoiler (fiero warehouse right?) unless I can find something that is closer to what I am looking for. I would like something more subtle, more BMW-ish, less Camaro. Like this, but blended into the decklid.
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Fi40 dash being fitted into F40 replica with roll cage. Other than the tub there's not much left of the donor Fiero.

HI all

Is there ANY INFO available on this car, a build thread? Especially interested in the center tunnel e-brake!!!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The abandoned 355 kit ( due to blistered paintjob ) may have a use afterall for the F6 project.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on the F6 project just for a few hours. One benefit of adding a rear spoiler to a notchback is that it lengthens the rear body line to what normally is short looking rear. In a way it visually "stretches" the rear without actually doing a more involved body/frame stretch. The F355 rear spoiler seems to add that extra length that I'm looking for. It'll require some tweeking to make it fit, but I think it'll work on this project.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm keeping my eye on this, could you be convinced to look into a fastback version as well? Or possibley construct it in a manner that may fit both body styles?

I also noticed in the pic you've made a molded strip of fiberglass along the rear bumper and onto the rear flares, working on a rear diffuser perhaps?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

I'm keeping my eye on this, could you be convinced to look into a fastback version as well? Or possibley construct it in a manner that may fit both body styles?

I also noticed in the pic you've made a molded strip of fiberglass along the rear bumper and onto the rear flares, working on a rear diffuser perhaps?

You have a sharp eye...that is hardly noticeable, but you're right it's the mounting flange for the F6 rear diffuser.

If I had access to a fastback rear clip I could see what it would take to fit the spoiler.
stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lately I've been just working on the Fi512 nose model which is just about ready for tooling. I thought I'd use some scrap vinyl and wrap my custom fender flare to see how it'll look with the new nose. I would probably add a carbon splitter at the bottom to tie everything together.

I've been thinking of doing similar flares and I just found this thread today. I really like the flares with the Fi512 nose.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stickboy:

I've been thinking of doing similar flares and I just found this thread today. I really like the flares with the Fi512 nose.

The initial idea for the flares was to provide a simple bolt-on panel solution to go with my Porsche wheels. I didn't want to go all out with a widebody conversion so I came up with the add-on flare idea with the rubber edge trim. No bodywork or re-painting required, but it does require trimming the stock fenders to create clearance. Thanks.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test fitting a newly fabricated dash...all that's left to do on this interior is the steering column cover pieces and then this interior is ready to ship out.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-30-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Test fitting a newly fabricated dash...all that's left to do on this interior is the steering column cover pieces and then this interior is ready to ship out.
*snip

Just gorgeous, as usual from your work.

Any chance we could get a whole side profile shot of the car? I want to see how both flares look together, along with the lip spoiler. You know, see how the whole car 'flows'?
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steering column cover being fitted. That completes this interior set. This thing is now ready to ship. It's going into a stock '88GT in Florida.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Just gorgeous, as usual from your work.

Any chance we could get a whole side profile shot of the car? I want to see how both flares look together, along with the lip spoiler. You know, see how the whole car 'flows'?

I'll take a few shots after I finalize the rocker design...thanks.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-30-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Diffuser work on the F6 Formula. Glued in some cardboard to get a general shape before laying in some glass. The glass will provide support for the foam application to follow.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Foam application and some initial shaping. The license plate location is presenting a problem. I'll have to work around it somehow.

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

LUV your new rockers!!

edit: Will you 355 dash work without mod in a choptop?

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 12-08-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

LUV your new rockers!!

edit: Will you 355 dash work without mod in a choptop?

The vents in the rockers are too narrow, so I'm widening the front & rear ports to make them more functional.

If there is any changes in the dash mounts & steering column location, then there'll be an issue.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking forward to seeing your ideas.

Curious if you will follow the Ferrari, Lamborghini, or McLaren, or other design language? (or maybe a blend?)

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

looking forward to seeing your ideas.

Curious if you will follow the Ferrari, Lamborghini, or McLaren, or other design language? (or maybe a blend?)

Pretty much improvising as I go. My F6 project is definitely a hybrid of Fiero & Ferrari styling, but definitely not a replica. This car will be adorned in red arrowheads.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-10-2011).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty much improvising as I go. My F6 project is definitely a hybrid of Fiero & Ferrari styling, but definitely not a replica. This car will be adorned in red arrowheads.

Yes, I didn't mean replica, just "design language"
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Yes, I didn't mean replica, just "design language"

This time I don't have a donor bumper to tweek, so I'm just making it up as I go to make something work with the '88 Formula rear. It's not exactly like any Ferrari model, but I do try to stick with the "design language". The great thing about the '87-'88 coupe rear bumper is that the beveled lower edge makes for an ideal flange to attach a diffuser. The lower section that's not visible is just trimmed off.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-12-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great so far
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Looks great so far

Initially I had some reservations about using the stock Formula rear, but I'm really liking it now that it's beginning to take shape.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida i know there is A TON of work that goes into making these parts, but i think most will agree, you make it look so easy !

Your execution is amazing.

Another great part in progress.

P.S. Do you do individual custom work ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-15-2011).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Amida i know there is A TON of work that goes into making these parts, but i think most will agree, you make it look so easy !

HI all

I totally agree exoticse, and the question rasied above got me thinking, how long have you, Amida, not just been selling products, but how long did you spend trying it out? What was that experience like? Your products of a Elegant quality your buyers talk of, the thinkness of the fibreglass, and workmanship of your urethane parts, the authenticiy of the recreation, all that speaks as if you're a kind of dare I say it, prodigy when molding a new piece of art you work out, envisioning, doing the leg work to make it work, the end process is relatively simple... A thousand years from now there may not be any vehicle there is now in existence, other then pictures...

People are going to remember your work! You made history.. Excellent!

I have none of his products, want the 355 interior, but won't without paying for it. Maybe someday.....

Thanx all,

Merry Christmas..

Air-eek...

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pavo_roddy

4351 posts
Member since Apr 2004

HI all

I totally agree exoticse, and the question rasied above got me thinking, how long have you, Amida, not just been selling products, but how long did you spend trying it out? What was that experience like? Your products of a Elegant quality your buyers talk of, the thinkness of the fibreglass, and workmanship of your urethane parts, the authenticiy of the recreation, all that speaks as if you're a kind of dare I say it, prodigy when molding a new piece of art you work out, envisioning, doing the leg work to make it work, the end process is relatively simple... A thousand years from now there may not be any vehicle there is now in existence, other then pictures...

I have none of his products, want the 355 interior, but won't without paying for it. Maybe someday.....

Thanx all,

Merry Christmas..

Air-eek...

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't get rid of your '87-'88 coupe rear bumpers people...propel it to the new millenium with a new diffuser !

I can do custom work just as long as it doesn't put me in a hole. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

HI all

Thanx all,

Merry Christmas..

Air-eek...

Huh?

Thanks.

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Just refering to you as an artist with an eye that people around the world would appreciate...

The last part is just me trying to tell people that I am not paid to say that...

My appologies if it is considered to have a negative response, never intended....

Thanx all,

Merry Christmas..

Ear-ick

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The last part is just me trying to tell people that I am not paid to say that...

Oh I see. I don't read posts very thoroughly as I am half asleep most of the time. Thanks.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
watching very closely...
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to decide whether to keep the exhaust area open or close it off. It may be easier to work on the tips if it were open, but all the diffusers that I've seen are closed in this area. I suppose that I can keep it closed, then it can be cut away later.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Closed off is my vote, then it can be cut into vents (to release more air pressure then the exhaust exit already does). I think some thin slots with mesh behind them would look really Sharp, and would be a nice subtle accent.

Also, Amida, could you get a straight side profile shot of the new diffuser? I just need a couple more angles to look at to confirm some things. As it sits right now I'm ready to throw down on this peice. I'll PM you when you get it shaped a bit more.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 12-17-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My vote would be to close it.
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, just Awesome!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Busted out the Sawzall today to open up the side intake. Since the rockers allowed for another 1 inch of breathing room might as well take advantage of it and widen the intake & clean up the side lines a little in the process.

The rear diffuser is being designed for a stock 87-88 coupe, so later on I'll have to widen it for this F6 widetrack. Notice the yellow tape line...this is the stock GT groundFX line...it's so high up the side compared to the coupe rear. The diffuser is only 3/8" lower than stock and yet it hugs the ground alot better.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2012 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi355 mold prep & waxing.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-07-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2012 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
It's been a while since I last doodled a concept. This one is drawn around the Solstice/Grand Prix combo lights...which I purchased some time ago, but have been just collecting dust on the shelf.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-07-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Fi355 nose developing in the shell.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Pontiac G6 air vent, one of 5, for a possible new project...just need a confirmed warm body to build it for.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock