Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 30)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

looking great so far, how about a wider shot of them.

It's still a work in progress, but the Fierovation widetrack "Z" rocker is taking shape very well.

Thinkin' about mounting Will's new Pegasus badges. This is just a paper printout.

IP: Logged
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cartist!
So awesome.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

Cartist!
So awesome.

It's just a rough shape with black primer mist to better see the surface contours. It'll take a bit more shaping to zero-in Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-22-2010).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That`s really looking good.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

That`s really looking good.

Thanks. I may not be able to finish it until after summer...starting designwork on the new fi512 nose.
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VERY, very nice work... great flow front to back...

------------------
SMTHGT.....

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

VERY, very nice work... great flow front to back...

Hopefully it all comes together this year. thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I like that!

Far from done. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Testing new side marker lights. Front splitter removed for modifications. New 3/4" billet, hub-centric, Porsche wheel adapters from Fred at www.WheelAdapters.com .

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-28-2010).]

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am digging it!! Is there anything you cant do??
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

I am digging it!! Is there anything you cant do??

Yeah. I still can't do two things at once very well.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Fi40 dash being fitted into F40 replica with roll cage. Other than the tub there's not much left of the donor Fiero.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida,

Got to see your nose in person (on Dean's car) at Daytona, and that piece is a work of art !

The others just can't compare.

I also heard a couple people talking about how they were going to purchase the new nose you were working on !
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Amida,

Got to see your nose in person (on Dean's car) at Daytona, and that piece is a work of art !

The others just can't compare.

I also heard a couple people talking about how they were going to purchase the new nose you were working on !

Thank Ferrari & Pininfarina for the design, I just did a little tweaking & melding is all. Wished I were there...fun looking event. Maybe next year I'll make the long trek with my widetrack F6.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-28-2010).]

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Fi40 dash being fitted into F40 replica with roll cage. Other than the tub there's not much left of the donor Fiero.

What's the story on that F40 looks very-very interesting

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Testing new side marker lights.

This is cool.
What do you plan on doing with the original side marker? Keep it, fill it in, or ditch the molding all together?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

What's the story on that F40 looks very-very interesting

It's a longitudinal build in Northern Cal. Tube chassis, turbo charger, Porsche g50 trans. I don't know much about it yet, but it's looking to be a very nice replica. I'll have to ask him more about it.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by aeffertz:

This is cool.
What do you plan on doing with the original side marker? Keep it, fill it in, or ditch the molding all together?

Side mouldings stay in place...this is not a re-body, just a widetrack with flares. I'll probably smoke out the belt moulding marker lights however. Thanks.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Mock-up of front end with new LEDs from TLG. A little more shaping on the splitter before getting skinned in carbon. Belt indicators will likely be smoked out.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As always, just "wow"

I really like the look you're going for. Although I'm not so crazy about the led's in the splitter... maybe its just that there are several different light shapes going on in the front there, or just already lots of them.

Regardless, its really agressive looking!
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

As always, just "wow"

I really like the look you're going for. Although I'm not so crazy about the led's in the splitter... maybe its just that there are several different light shapes going on in the front there, or just already lots of them.

Regardless, its really agressive looking!

At 9/16" thick & 5" off the ground it has very little visual impact, only when it's illuminated as DTRL (daytime runnings lights) does it make a huge impact. You just wait n see.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-29-2010).]

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
soo uhh... you plan on reproducing this widetrack Z kit for sale?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

soo uhh... you plan on reproducing this widetrack Z kit for sale?

That's a possibility, as you can see the rocker was designed to fit with the fender flares so that'll be the starting point. But really the main reason for doing this was to cover the potruding Porsche 911 wheels on this Formula. Once I'm completed I'll take it around to display, and if I get a good response from it I may tool-up the "Z" rockers as well. I should also add that the fender flares will be going on Ebay eventually as "universal" for all makes/models. Part of my effort to diversify away from kitcars & Fieros. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-29-2010).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to keep an eye out for those rear flares... I'm looking for something that will fit the fiero nicely but are still subtle and small. I don't have wheels that protrude very far, but I'd like to add a little flare to the rear to give the back end more shape. More for the "visual impact"
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll have to keep an eye out for those rear flares... I'm looking for something that will fit the fiero nicely but are still subtle and small. I don't have wheels that protrude very far, but I'd like to add a little flare to the rear to give the back end more shape. More for the "visual impact"

That is odd, How far do your rear wheels stick out? That's not usually a problem with Fieros.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well right now they're totally fine. But I would like to run maybe a 3/4inch - 1 inch spacer on them if thats possible so I can throw a subtle flare on, and have the wheel sit flush.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is starting to appeal to me.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well right now they're totally fine. But I would like to run maybe a 3/4inch - 1 inch spacer on them if thats possible so I can throw a subtle flare on, and have the wheel sit flush.

How wide do you need them to be.? My universal flares are 5.5" wide & can be cut down & tailored to fit different applications.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Isolde:

This car is starting to appeal to me.

It should turn out pretty nicely when I'm done with it. But, I'll have to pull off the nose soon to work on the new fi512 nose.

Isolde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tell me, if you know, isn't a stock legit 512TR nose wider than a stock Fiero? By like 5-6 inches? If so, and you could integrate that, then I'd be in line to buy whatever kit you might produce.
PFF
System Bot
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tell me, if you know, isn't a stock legit 512TR nose wider than a stock Fiero? By like 5-6 inches? If so, and you could integrate that, then I'd be in line to buy whatever kit you might produce.

HI all

I dunno what u know, but I do know that he is makin this nose in fiero dimensions.......
Link: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/079750.html

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How wide do you need them to be.? My universal flares are 5.5" wide & can be cut down & tailored to fit different applications.

What is the smallest wheel spacer that you can buy?

I figure if my rim sits pretty flush now, and I want more of a flared look in the rear, if I space my wheel say an inch? Then I'd only need the flare to come out an inch.

How thick are the adapters that you are using?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, the new nose is sectioned to remove 4.5".

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

What is the smallest wheel spacer that you can buy?

I figure if my rim sits pretty flush now, and I want more of a flared look in the rear, if I space my wheel say an inch? Then I'd only need the flare to come out an inch.

How thick are the adapters that you are using?

I'm using hub & wheel centric ALCOA 6061-T6 billet aluminum adapters from Fred Goeske at http://www.wheeladapter.com/wheel_adapters.php . For the rear I'm using 1", and for the front, to minimize scrub radius, I'm using 3/4" . The wheels will need to have cavities between the lug holes for 3/4" adapters because the stock Fiero studs will stick out by 1/4". With the high offset of my front wheels the new wheel center is moved outboard by only 13mm compared to the stock Fiero wheel centerline.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-24-2010).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
thanks for helping me with the DD porject, I sent you a PM about another one
D.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, the new nose is sectioned to remove 4.5".

That sucks. Well, to me, anyway. Thank you for letting me know. Wider IS Better!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm using hub & wheel centric ALCOA 6061-T6 billet aluminum adapters from Fred Goeske at http://www.wheeladapter.com/wheel_adapters.php . For the rear I'm using 1", and for the front, to minimize scrub radius, I'm using 3/4" up front. The wheels will need to have cavities between the lug holes for 3/4" adapters because the stock Fiero studs will stick out by 1/4". With the high offset of my front wheels the new wheel center is only outboard by 13mm compared to the stock Fiero centerline.

Thanks for the info Amida.

The wheels I'm using have a dual universal bolt pattern... so I guess what I could do is buy a set of spacers/adapters like these so that I could utilize the larger bolt pattern on the rear wheels. Therefore, the 1/4 inch worth of stud from the 5x100 bolt pattern can pass through the holes in the rim intended for the 5x100 bolt pattern. (There is no recess in the back of the rims) I think that would work.

Would be cool to have a slightly wider rear end with the stock front width.

Gettin the ideas brewin over here
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Final mock-up of F6 widetrack splitter before Fi355 nose is removed to makeway for new Fi512 nose project.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-02-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the info Amida.

The wheels I'm using have a dual universal bolt pattern... so I guess what I could do is buy a set of spacers/adapters like these so that I could utilize the larger bolt pattern on the rear wheels. Therefore, the 1/4 inch worth of stud from the 5x100 bolt pattern can pass through the holes in the rim intended for the 5x100 bolt pattern. (There is no recess in the back of the rims) I think that would work.

Would be cool to have a slightly wider rear end with the stock front width.

Gettin the ideas brewin over here

The holes will line up so there shouldn't be any problem. My rear flares are 3.25" wide to cover the 10" Porsche wheels and that extra shoulder width really gives the car a very aggressive stance. When I start modeling the rear diffuser attachment I'll post more pics of the rear.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock