Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroman: I'm using Rhino3d.

Amida: I like your idea. I was just looking at the inlets on the 69 & 70 Firebirds, too. I might go more like that and incorporate 99+ Grand Am head and tail lamps, or the newer Bonny tail lamps. So many decisions. Good thing it's just in the computer. This could get expensive trying to do it for real.

Bob

IP: Logged
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:[QUOTE]

I can appreaceate the work that went into it, and I kinda like it, but I had to post this!
Brad

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by qwikgta:

I always liked this stretch concept.

Rob

i have been trying to get ahold of this guy to see if this project was ever finished, and i am pretty close to getting ahold of him.

Apparently this guy, Mark Towle, is one of the world's leading builders of reproduction Batmobiles. This is one of his recent cars built for a customer (here in Florida i believe ?).

His shop is in San Bernardino, California and apparently fittingly it is pretty stealth,..the only thing that reportedly might catch your eye, is a bat logo on one of the doors hehehe.

** edit to update, i have made contact with him, see below **

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058013.html

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-10-2006).]

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sweet mother of god!!!! i want more pics of this!!!!! i neeeeed more pics of this thing
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

sweet mother of god!!!! i want more pics of this!!!!! i neeeeed more pics of this thing

I don't know about the front facsia, but WOW!!! Cheers Beers n Gears. Joe

engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the strech that Automoda posted on page one did you chop the top when photo shop or is it just steched and how much of a strech do you think to get that look i am realy thinking of buying an imsa gt body then having it streched and the top choped like v8 archie's i wonder if he would strech the car for me to
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the silver 4-seater had a chop top it'll look like the red one that was photoshopped. I wonder if that project in the driveway photo was finished also; looks pretty exotic.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-10-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

I like the strech that Automoda posted on page one did you chop the top when photo shop or is it just steched and how much of a strech do you think to get that look i am realy thinking of buying an imsa gt body then having it streched and the top choped like v8 archie's i wonder if he would strech the car for me to

Might be good timing, i think Archie has publically mentioned several times before about wanting to do a streched fiero.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-10-2006).]

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Might be good timing, i think Archie has publically mentioned several times before about wanting to do a streched fiero.

i got my gears turning for some fiero supercar looking hybred.... to not compleatly change the look of the fiero but add to it to make it look exotic like that batmans dudes but minus the front facha

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trying out a different rear end with '69 Firebird tail lights.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A coupe with a longer stretch, 9" or so, may look like this drawing. Sail panels adjusted with slight body slope.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-10-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow you guys have great ideas and can draw them the best i can do is draw stick men

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-28-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I'd add a fender flare kit to widen the track a little, & to keep things in proportion.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-11-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Front view: Slight fender flaring, not much, maybe by 1" front, 2" rear. Lower chin spoiler as well.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-17-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the rear view of the stretched coupe with 2" flares, 9" rims, new taillights & honeycomb engine grill. Does anyone know what is the minimum stretch required to get a N*/Audi trans to fit into the Fiero?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-26-2006).]

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it!

JG

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if it's possible to take a drawing & make it look similar to a real life photo? I use Photoshop Elements, but I'm not sure if the program is capable of doing this. Anyone know?
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2006 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I'd update my concept. What do you think...

Bob

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like the front spoiler Bob. How about opening up the grill more for projector headlights? Also, like the broadened shoulders over the wheels.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-26-2006).]

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Thought I'd update my concept. What do you think...

Bob

I think it looks good... but also think it's turning into a corvair :-)

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the stretch coupe with flares & 512 type sail panels.

PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does look a little like the very rare '89 Corvair (No pun intended )
Here's a back shot:

Amida:
It looks good, but I think it looks too narrow through the mid section, towards the front.

Bob

Edit: The above shot is using '69 Firebird tail lamps. I forgot to put in the back-up lamps...Next rev...

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 03-27-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dimensions are a little off from freehand drawing, bodyline is supposed to start at stock Fiero line and slope upwards to the rear.
'70 Challenger tail light:

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'69 GTO tail lights

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It does look a little like the very rare '89 Corvair (No pun intended )
Here's a back shot:

Amida:
It looks good, but I think it looks too narrow through the mid section, towards the front.

Bob

Hey,
I like that...............
Edit: The above shot is using '69 Firebird tail lamps. I forgot to put in the back-up lamps...Next rev...

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lowered the rockers just a tad to get things into better proportion, and filled in the wheels. I'm starting to like the fender flare idea...may try it on my '88 Formula.

had to fix front wheel size.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-02-2006).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Obviously I am not done this photoshop.. But its a start. Maybe get you a little more modivated to take it farther. I used my 80's trans am tails in this one, so its pretty close to yours. Just a thought.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2006 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I recognize those tail lights...blackened Testarossa style. That's a cool looking rear end...sort of has an S7 look. I'll need to get a drawing tablet, which is what you're using I presume.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2006 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Here's the 6 inch stretch cabriolet style.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-02-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2006 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Obviously I am not done this photoshop.. But its a start. Maybe get you a little more modivated to take it farther. I used my 80's trans am tails in this one, so its pretty close to yours. Just a thought.

Here's what I saw in your drawing with the '84 TA tail lights:

What do you have for the front?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-07-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2006 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Here's what I came up with for your side view:

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2006 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I modified the rear end to how I will create it. The build up has already begun. It is only a matter of time.

Take a minute and follow my build, it too might give you a good idea on how you can build yours.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058546.html

Custom2M4
Chase.

------------------

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you think of this idea I was toying with???

Bob

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, That looks pretty tight! I'm gonna guess Bonneville ? Ya know I think the 300zx headlights will be perfect for that design due to the sharper/flatter angle of the bonnet/fascia. Even better yet the Vette C6 lights will better compliment the front intakes. It's amazing how you can update the look of the Fiero so much from just changing some details on the front & rear fascias.

Cleaned up some lines & added wheels on the previous drawing:

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-08-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What do you think of this idea I was toying with???

Bob

That looks good !

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me or is this begining to take on the look of an F 50 Ferrari as it evolves? Joe
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good eye Joe, F50, NSX & R8 influence on side mounted wing stands. With the long lines of the '84 TA tail lights in Custom2M4's design, a long wing seemed complimentary. I might draw up a version without the wing for comparison. Amida

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-08-2006).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,
I saw a Bonneville driving behind me the other day. I thought the front would look kinda cool on the Fiero. I was thinking of using the tail lights at one time, so I guess it was a natural progression. Now I have to figure out how to model it. Hmm?
Your last drawing is pretty hot. I think you lost the Fiero theme somewhere, but I'd take one, hands down.

Bob

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, Yes there's not much left of the Fiero in that last one, but I did try to design around the stock door glass. This next one I played off of your Bonneville theme. More mods needed for this one...changes to hood, wider fenders, headlights, framing. But, there's still a Fiero beneath it.
Amida

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-10-2006).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks pretty cool. Looks like it's ready for Le Mans. That's the look I'm after.

Bob

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock