Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 29)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
i have talked to a few people in the business, and while all expressed concern about bonding to plastic, most sugested using epoxy bassed resin. i bought a thick epoxy (thixotropic) structural glue as it will adhere to the smc panels as well. i will also be using epoxy resin for the glass work for the same reasons and it is cheaper than smc approved polyester resin. since my garage is attached to my house i also didn't want the fumes from the polyester resin getting to my family.
now if it will stop snowing i can get some work done.
btw. your front bumper fits like a glove A+++++. i am thinking of covering the lower splitter that you made me with carbon fiber for that extra special look...lol
al
IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

btw. your front bumper fits like a glove A+++++. i am thinking of covering the lower splitter that you made me with carbon fiber for that extra special look...lol
al

Funny how you should mention that. I'm pulling my standard chin spoiler and replacing it with a custom widetrack...and it won't be red this time.

Yes, the bonnet is chipped to hell; it came from a wrecker.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-26-2010).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeez Amida!

You're going with some really aggressive looking, sharp body mods! I've been checking back on this thread daily. Big fan of your work
Spartan177

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spartan177Send a Private Message to Spartan177Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great, keep up the good work. hoping to do a NSX sorcery style widebody on mine. I know its gonna be tons of work which is fine but i'm worried about the cost.

example:
http://www.nsxprime.com/pho...ata/500/photo_3_.jpg
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny how you should mention that. I'm pulling my standard chin spoiler and replacing it with a custom widetrack...and it won't be red this time.

Widetrack???? pics....should i have purchased that one? lol
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spartan177:

Looks great, keep up the good work. hoping to do a NSX sorcery style widebody on mine. I know its gonna be tons of work which is fine but i'm worried about the cost.

example:
http://www.nsxprime.com/pho...ata/500/photo_3_.jpg

Nice! On top of materials, it'll require alot of time to do as well. Love the NSX, but if I had one I'd shave off some of the trunk space.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Widetrack???? pics....should i have purchased that one? lol

It's just a one-off...needed something to go along with my widetrack flares. Doing the same type of treatment to the rear as well to better transition everything together.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by doublec4:

Jeez Amida!

You're going with some really aggressive looking, sharp body mods! I've been checking back on this thread daily. Big fan of your work

Maybe you can buy my Formula when I move up in life & get a family car. Thanks.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Maybe you can buy my Formula when I move up in life & get a family car. Thanks.

haha we'll see

I think in a year or two I may be more inclined to buy one of your interiors! They are incredible workmanship
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to town with the hack saw.

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooooooooo - that had to be scary! Looking good
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:

ooooooooo - that had to be scary! Looking good

Once you go wide, there's no wheel you can't hide!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Transcribed over to the passenger side. Next up, putting skin on the chin .

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
I love your work, those fender flairs are looking great
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Rob,
I love your work, those fender flairs are looking great

Yes, I'm surprised at how well it's turning out. With the rubber edge trim it'll look OEM without doing any bodywork...how about that? Wait till you see my rockers & rear. Thanks.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I'm surprised at how well it's turning out. With the rubber edge trim it'll look OEM without doing any bodywork...how about that? Wait till you see my rockers & rear. Thanks.

I cant wait

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the flares. Just a tweak suggestion.

matches the rear
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Love the flares. Just a tweak suggestion.

I don't know about that Steve...that's a 3" pull out at the bottom. That would be contorting, making the bumper wider at the bottom than at the top.

What's new on your orange pumpkin? Is there a meet at Arlington this year?

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know about that Steve...that's a 3" pull out at the bottom. That would be contorting, making the bumper wider at the bottom than at the top.

What's new on your orange pumpkin? Is there a meet at Arlington this year?

I've been working on the suspension and brakes on my Blue Coupe. (nothing worthy of a build thread)
The pumpkin may get a custom dash this summer. And there's always an Arlington Picnic so replace your clutch, we need to see this car in person!

I hear you on the contour being too much, what if you continued the top lip around the corner a bit ? I'll stop now and let you design it. It was just a thought.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 03-02-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

I've been working on the suspension and brakes on my Blue Coupe. (nothing worthy of a build thread)
The pumpkin may get a custom dash this summer. And there's always an Arlington Picnic so replace your clutch, we need to see this car in person!

I hear you on the contour being too much, what if you continued the top lip around the corner a bit ? I'll stop now and let you design it. It was just a thought.

Better, but maybe on a different style nose. My objective is zero body re-working for these flares. I'm dropping the cradle in the next couple of weeks to see what's up with the clutch. The last thing I remember happening was hearing a POP, clanking, and the peddle fell to the floor.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The new arrowheads from the Fierostore arrived today. They fit perfectly with a dab of epoxy. A very nice finishing touch to these sail panels.

PFF
System Bot
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome!
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
those look great especially matching red color! keep it going
ps
if i didn't already have the 355 nose i would get the testa nose. but i like them both the same.
al
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob,
those look great especially matching red color! keep it going
ps
if i didn't already have the 355 nose i would get the testa nose. but i like them both the same.
al

Why not get both, you can switch them from one occasion to the next. It's just a few screws right? Thanks.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by aeffertz:

Looks awesome!

Thanks. I could make you a duplicate set if you have a coupe.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Rocker removed for damage repairs and getting a Fierovation style facelift. Rear coilover with 1" hubcentric billet Porsche wheel adapter from http://www.wheeladapter.com/index.php

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The new arrowheads from the Fierostore arrived today. They fit perfectly with a dab of epoxy. A very nice finishing touch to these sail panels.

Those are really slick looking! They turned out awesome

I was thinking about painting mine because the frame is faded, but I'd rather go this route.

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 03-05-2010).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those look so good! Nice job

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4..V8 swap someday.
1997 Grand Prix GTP 161k miles and going strong.
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd For sale
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those are really slick looking! They turned out awesome

I was thinking about painting mine because the frame is faded, but I'd rather go this route.

I could make you a set too. I got tired of the faded black plastic look, I think the overlay adds a very nice subtle accent...not too much carbon.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any new pics to see ?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The old rockers that came with the car just didn't fit right with my widetrack concept, so I went ahead and started prototyping my own "Z" rockers for widetrack application. Here, shaping work in progress.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-17-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Niccccccccccccce ! Amida you sir are the man !
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
vary nice
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did I mention that you're a genius? I should. Those are gorgeous.

Only thing, the arrowhead still looks slightly worn? Around the edges and near the bottom... I've thought about using something like this or this to replace the emblem in that location. I think that a steel/brushed aluminum emblem would look amazing there. Even more so with the CF treatment.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I could make you a set too. I got tired of the faded black plastic look, I think the overlay adds a very nice subtle accent...not too much carbon.

What's wrong with carbon?

Actually, I am probably better in small amounts too Looks great!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those rockers look great so far, very nice angles to them
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those rockers look great so far, very nice angles to them

Yes. Will look even better painted. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by carbon:

What's wrong with carbon?

Actually, I am probably better in small amounts too Looks great!

Moderate cosmetics is good. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

the arrowhead still looks slightly worn? Around the edges and near the bottom...

That's how it is from the Fierostore. Bright chrome pieces with enamel would be better.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The old rockers that came with the car just didn't fit right with my widetrack concept, so I went ahead and started prototyping my own "Z" rockers for widetrack application. Here, shaping work in progress.

looking great so far, how about a wider shot of them.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock