Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received a roll of Mr.Mikes dark grey#08 leather-ette. This will be for the next Fi355 interior I'm doing in black/grey for a stock Fiero.

Urethane components coming together.

IP: Logged
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

The fender flare that I'll need to cover my Porsche wheels will be about 5.5" wide at the top ( front wheels ).

Hey Rob, nice work as usual...Question about the Porsche wheels? If the wheels extend out so much, aren't you going to really increase the scrub radius a huge amount?

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Hey Rob, nice work as usual...Question about the Porsche wheels? If the wheels extend out so much, aren't you going to really increase the scrub radius a huge amount?

Bob

Bob, The wider Porsche wheels with the adapter will increase width by about 2". But with the higher offset of the Porsche wheels the centerline moves outboard by only 20mm compared to the center line of the stock wheel. By switching to a 3/4" adapter (absolute minimum) the centerline will only move outboard by 13mm. This diagram shows measurements.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Got the model of the universal fender flare primed. Most of it will likely be trimmed away for the front wheels since most of the width is only needed at the top.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Onto the universal fender flare, a black lacquer top coat was applied which will next be polished & buffed before the tooling process begins. Being that this is not specific to any car make/model this may be of value to a few car builders within the general automotive universe.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-14-2010).]

stryker

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strykerSend a Private Message to strykerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent!
john
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome work... any pictures of how that flare lines up in the rear?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Awesome work... any pictures of how that flare lines up in the rear?

Haven't gotten there yet, but once I get a part made I'm sure , on the rear, it'll be more pronounced from the rear view than on the front side.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by stryker:

pm sent!
john

pm sent

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-15-2010).]

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for offering. I'd like to see at least 5 people who want the fi512 nose. It still won't cover my cost, but perhaps it'll create more interest.

depending on total cost I would be willing to pay deposit and make payments to full cost untill there ready! p.s. what would the full cost be?
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What would be the customer cost for the nose ?
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

depending on total cost I would be willing to pay deposit and make payments to full cost untill there ready! p.s. what would the full cost be?

Probaby $550-$600/unit to fabricate. It'll be a nice one to do, but I should probably start a thread to find out if there's enough interest before investing a month's worth of work. Anyone interested in this Fi512 nose should PM me.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-18-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Fender flare model is polished & waxed with flanges attached...alot of work for just a little item like this.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fender flare model is polished & waxed with flanges attached...alot of work for just a little item like this.

Amida was just talking to a friend, who also does fiberglass work, and we both agreed that most people have no idea how much work it is to make molds for parts, even small ones.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Amida was just talking to a friend, who also does fiberglass work, and we both agreed that most people have no idea how much work it is to make molds for parts, even small ones.

Right, & the time & material you invest is out of your own pocket which you may never recover unless you make the minimum required units to breakeven...something that may be just a pipe dream nowadays in the Fiero space.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test fitting new front fender flares...might need to trim another 1/4-1/2" to close the gap a little more, and maybe lower the suspension a little more as well.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-21-2010).]

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Test fitting new front fender flares...might need to trim another 1/4-1/2" to close the gap a little more, and maybe lower the suspension a little more as well.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwtttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn you Amida! I just bought wheels last summer. Guess I will need to save my pennies for some fatter wheels.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 02-21-2010).]

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
is there anything you can't do?
those flairs look awsome and for some one who wants a wider look without tearing appart the whole body, or who wants to try making their own widebody but with a little head start....those would be an excellent start.
now lets see the rears on too...when you get around to it (lol)
nice
al
Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like the look. but i would try to mold that front clip onto the fender flairs.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ruffy:

i like the look. but i would try to mold that front clip onto the fender flairs.

That's what I'd probably do if the fenders were made of fiberglass, but then again attaching with hidden fasteners without doing a whole lot of bodywork is the simpler approach. I'd like to find a rubber seal from another oem car/truck that I could use to finish the edge. I saw a Toyota trd tacoma truck that had flares with rubber seals...I'm wondering if I could use that for this application.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Shaved down another 3/8" from the flare. I think it's on the money now.

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwtttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn you Amida! I just bought wheels last summer. Guess I will need to save my pennies for some fatter wheels.

I've got 18s on right now, you could probably go up to 19s with rubberband tires.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by ace5514:

Rob,
is there anything you can't do?
those flairs look awsome and for some one who wants a wider look without tearing appart the whole body, or who wants to try making their own widebody but with a little head start....those would be an excellent start.
now lets see the rears on too...when you get around to it (lol)
nice
al

Did you start your build thread yet?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was going to suggest you shave them down some, but you are already ahead of the game. Looking good !
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am about to, as soon as i decide on the color and a name. i have taken some pics as i go here is a sample....mad arch wide body and your 355 nose

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shaved down another 3/8" from the flare. I think it's on the money now.

Very nice!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I was going to suggest you shave them down some, but you are already ahead of the game. Looking good !

Yep. Might shave a little bit more to get more angle.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
That's looking to be a nice combo. Your fender look like a fiberglass part, is it from Fierowarehouse?

i am about to, as soon as i decide on the color and a name. i have taken some pics as i go here is a sample....mad arch wide body and your 355 nose

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-22-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Sofa King:

Very nice!

Thinking of tying it into my enzo side scoop idea. Today, I laid up another one for the rear. Thanks.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the fenders are part of the mad arch wide body kit and yes they are fiberglass.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checking interest on the fi512 nose here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/079750.html

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-23-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I'm pleased that the rear fender flare doesn't interfere with the fuel door. It won't need a notch or dimple.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look awesome! Lets see some pics of both mounted together front and rear. Or the rears from further away!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Those look awesome! Lets see some pics of both mounted together front and rear. Or the rears from further away!

Patience Grasshoppa...in due time.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please can not wait to see them together

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The refurbished sail panels are just about ready to be re-mounted onto the Formula. New sails from FieroSails, a fresh coat of paint and my prototype carbon fiber B-pillar caps. The only thing missing are new arrowheads which I believe are still available at the Fierostore...I'll have to order a set.

I scuffed up the two surfaces to improve adhesion and applied beads of silicone gasket leaving a gap at the bottom for water drainage. Very nice!

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job as always, Rob.
the fender flairs look great.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Nice job as always, Rob.
the fender flairs look great.

I'm going to lower the front a little more, and since these flares will not be moulded in I'm tweeking the bodywork to add transition lines. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Please can not wait to see them together

I still have to fix the clutch to get it back on the road.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

the fenders are part of the mad arch wide body kit and yes they are fiberglass.

What material do you use to bond the fiberglass to the plastic door panels?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-25-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock