Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 27)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, I like the Carbon Fibre insert. It reminds me of a DeTomaso Pantera I saw at an Auction in Monterey, CA a couple years ago. I think it'll look really good.

Careful, CF is a slippery slope.. Next you'll want to do the mirror housings and other random black trim pieces. It also works great in interiors (when used sparingly (see: Audi RS-4. NOT BMW M6) )

-Max
IP: Logged
Fenix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FenixClick Here to visit Fenix's HomePageSend a Private Message to FenixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
neat build, looks great.

------------------
Current Rides
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
1996 Cadillac Eldorado
1965 Pontiac GTO

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fenix:

neat build, looks great.

I haven't had much time to work on my own car. Clutch & water pump still down. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Amida, I like the Carbon Fibre insert. It reminds me of a DeTomaso Pantera I saw at an Auction in Monterey, CA a couple years ago. I think it'll look really good.

Careful, CF is a slippery slope.. Next you'll want to do the mirror housings and other random black trim pieces. It also works great in interiors (when used sparingly (see: Audi RS-4. NOT BMW M6) )

-Max

CF mirror skins would be neat. I may try it if I can figure out how to work around the base/pedestal, and do it in one piece.

Got the B-pillar caps coated in UV epoxy. Looks smooth except for a few dust specs here & there. Don't think that can be avoided when using a brush.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A-pillar corner caps with UV epoxy clear coat.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These will look pretty sharp once back on the Formula. First, I need to get some 3M double tape.

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

These will look pretty sharp once back on the Formula. First, I need to get some 3M double tape.

Put them on I want to see um - are you going to sell them too?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Put them on I want to see um - are you going to sell them too?

Yes, I now have the tooling made, so I can make duplicates.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Did some visualization with templates to see what would be needed to cover the wide wheels. I may do a foam fill to further see how it will look.

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this i gotta see!
Rob, this looks interesting can't wait to see what you come up with.
al
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
I had to do the same thing with my choptop to cover the wheels as well.
the one thing I did because of the 355 nose being so wide to begin with was to take a mold off the stock front fender and make fiberglass ones.
then on top of the fender I split the top so the fender has no taper to the front anymore. this gave me about an inch in the front then I cut the wheel well and did an old school flair that gave me the other 3/4" I needed. the one thing I never liked about the shape of the fiero was that wedge shape in the front.
but for you to do this you would have to widen the nose as well. it is a lot of work. I like where you are going with your car, I know what ever you come up with will look great
D.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

this i gotta see!
Rob, this looks interesting can't wait to see what you come up with.
al

Start a thread yet?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Rob,
I had to do the same thing with my choptop to cover the wheels as well.
the one thing I did because of the 355 nose being so wide to begin with was to take a mold off the stock front fender and make fiberglass ones.
then on top of the fender I split the top so the fender has no taper to the front anymore. this gave me about an inch in the front then I cut the wheel well and did an old school flair that gave me the other 3/4" I needed. the one thing I never liked about the shape of the fiero was that wedge shape in the front.
but for you to do this you would have to widen the nose as well. it is a lot of work. I like where you are going with your car, I know what ever you come up with will look great
D.

I'm just doing one wheel for now to see how it'll work. I'm leaning towards a separate piece attached with fasteners rather than moulding it into the bodywork.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The corner caps fit very well. This looks really cool! Adhesive may be a better choice than using double tape due to it's zero margin of error when fitting; there's no chance to adjust once stuck. The pitted mirror housings are not so cool, however.

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no thread yet...and if you don't stop making things i like, i am going to have to keep working overtime to pay for them. hence i will never have time to start one.....

.......now how much for the carbon fiber covers pictured above???????
al

ps do they come in cloors other than red and or standard black?

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 11-23-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Careful, CF is a slippery slope.. Next you'll want to do the mirror housings and other random black trim pieces.
-Max

A CF roof panel skin would be cool. I saw one on a Honda S2000 recently.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, I can't tell from the pics: Is this 2x2 twill weave?

Also, have you considered making the sail panel window CF? (replacing the plastic "window glass" )
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida, I can't tell from the pics: Is this 2x2 twill weave?

Also, have you considered making the sail panel window CF? (replacing the plastic "window glass" )

Yes, it's twill. No plans on doing notchie sails, but I'm sure someone makes it for the GT .

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
any update on the flairs?
al
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the fibre...?
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On this 2nd version the car has a wide track. The fenders are curved & widened w/ hot air opening at rear edge. Rear 1/4 glass reduced & notched like a GT.

looks like a euro corvette.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, not sure what you have planned, but you could look towards the Audi R8, Electric Audi R8, Audi R4, or even the new TT for inspiration on shaping the fenders..
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The CF trims came out top notch Amida. How much would you be looking for a set?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

looks like a euro corvette.

There was another , more refined, mod that I made after that one.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

This one from page 1.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by ace5514:

Rob,
any update on the flairs?
al

Maybe after it's all done & painted.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Amida, not sure what you have planned, but you could look towards the Audi R8, Electric Audi R8, Audi R4, or even the new TT for inspiration on shaping the fenders..

Seems like you're a Fox fan.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

The CF trims came out top notch Amida. How much would you be looking for a set?

It depends on clear coat or uncoated. I'll send you a PM.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well when it's painted...i'll be waiting!

also don't forget me when you start to make the cf covers for by the mirror. (i keep forgetting what they are called)
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes I think it's a good nose for the Fiero, but people who've said they were interested have now disappeared so it's on the back burner now. Also, I've learned that fiberglassing large body panels, such as bumpers, is really, REALLY, hideous work. I'd rather have someone else do it if I can afford it. But, the dilema is that I don't think enough will be sold to make cents. Make sense?

how much??
PFF
System Bot
sorefeet

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great build, if V8Archie didn't build those rockers then who did. I didn't know that anyone else made those.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sorefeet:

Great build, if V8Archie didn't build those rockers then who did. I didn't know that anyone else made those.

I don't know anything about my rockers, they were on the car when I bought it. The car was a stolen recovery from the SeedroWooly, WA. area. They might be an earlier version with integrated fiberglass belt mouldings. It's messed up anyway so I'll be trying to Enzo-fy them if I can.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

how much??

Cannot say at the moment. If done in one piece it should save a little on labor hours.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fender flare that I'll need to cover my Porsche wheels will be about 5.5" wide at the top ( front wheels ). Rather than make individual flares for each corner of the car, this foam & wood plug will be used to form a universal flare which will then be used to make frp flares for all four corners. The plan is to tailor each corner, add flanges & secure with hidden fasteners.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-30-2010).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow those are going to be WIDE flares! But it will look really nice when it is done. Your work is excellent.

I can't wait to see what the rear flares look like!

------------------

Check out my build!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too would like to know how much the CF panels would be...Neat idea! -Jason
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Wow those are going to be WIDE flares! But it will look really nice when it is done. Your work is excellent.

I can't wait to see what the rear flares look like!

For the front fenders it's mostly at the top because it has to blend in with the stock fender. Around 2-3" frontside & very little on the backside...The Fiero is narrow up front. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

I too would like to know how much the CF panels would be...Neat idea! -Jason

Let me get my new B-pillar sails back on the car first so that I can take some installed shots. I think it'll look pretty sharp...it's not too much carbon, just enough to give it a little more detail.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me get my new B-pillar sails back on the car first so that I can take some installed shots. I think it'll look pretty sharp...it's not too much carbon, just enough to give it a little more detail.

Great! I can't wait to see it! -Jason
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock