Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 23)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just have to chime in here and say I love the interior you made for my car. It is just amazing!! Better then OEM!!
IP: Logged
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is his experiment - pretty nice CF I must say

------------------

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Here is his experiment - pretty nice CF I must say

I have a hard time believing Amida is a person. I have never seen a photo of him. He never makes mistakes. All his work is flawless and amazing. I am convinced he is a robot.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too - Robot indeed - show us a pic of yourself Rob

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-17-2009).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Rob I sent you a PM with a question.
D.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Do I see a bigger workspace in the future?

It would be nice to have more space, but more space means more overhead so it looks like working in the garden will have to do for now.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 06-18-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!
great work Rob.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

LOLz!! Blue is a good color for you.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It would be nice to have more space, but more space means more overhead so it looks like working in the garden will have to do for now.

What is the 2nd one from the right covered in?

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-18-2009).]

RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Amida I could come up there and do some plans for a small garage addition! Looks like you may have the space to add let's say 15' to the back of your garage. Just a thought
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

What is the 2nd one from the right covered in?

Headliner material used on prototype. Too thin for my liking.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RUNDLC:

Hey Amida I could come up there and do some plans for a small garage addition! Looks like you may have the space to add let's say 15' to the back of your garage. Just a thought

Thanks. Maybe someday I'll open a small shop in the industrial Georgetown/Southpark area, cheapest place in Seattle. A cool place where a few chopper builders are located.
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

I have a hard time believing Amida is a person. I have never seen a photo of him. He never makes mistakes. All his work is flawless and amazing. I am convinced he is a robot.

Amida is really the Stig.
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:
Amida is really the Stig.

he's close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LPLJT3zkDc

Maloso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,

Do you have or can you build a center glove box replacement to accomodate a 10" subwoofer?

Tony
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Maloso:

Amida,

Do you have or can you build a center glove box replacement to accomodate a 10" subwoofer?

Tony

I have not done a speaker enclosure. That's probably something that should be made of MDF for better acoustical properties.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Fi40 dash nearly completed being test fitted before shipping to California. Fits the stock Fiero cabin perfectly.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moving the Fi355 chin spoiler up to the project table. It appears that this Imola piece is higher at the front that it is at the rear. Hmmmm...I wonder if it has anything to do with getting in & out of driveways? If I made it more parallel to the ground then it would be about 3/4" lower at the front.
Ferrari F355 nose

FieroVation Fi355 nose

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-04-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Chin spoiler added to the latest rendition of the stretched Formula.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea of tapering it. Gives it a more slick appearance, like the car is in motion even when it is not. Plus the extra clearence wouldn't hurt either, I've already drug mine over my driveway.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

I like the idea of tapering it. Gives it a more slick appearance, like the car is in motion even when it is not. Plus the extra clearence wouldn't hurt either, I've already drug mine over my driveway.

You mean raise the front of the chin for ground clearance?
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was doing some measuring today for my future nose piece that I am going to order from you Rob, when it finally dawned on me why the genuine 355 nose looks so much shorter from the leading edge of the hood to the belt line of the side molding, then any and all Fiero 355 noses (yours is still by far the best IMHO). The belt line of the 355 is level (for the most part a straight line as in the rendering you did on your concept above) where the Fiero arches with the front considerably lower than the rear, breaking at the trailing edge of the front fender and about 1" lower on the belt line in front of the front wheel well. I don't know if that made sense but here are some reference points and an example of leveling the belt line (trim) with the door belt line (trim). I rather doubt it would be worth the effort to make a new fender as you would have to make new mounting points for the front as well I would think. (marked in yellow). Are you going to reposition the trim on your concept as well as you did in the drawing? I for one might go to the effort of repositioning the trim thus raising but chin spoiler and ground clearance?

Original belt line

Revised belt line

Just curious.

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 07-04-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure why the Fiero designer drooped the front of the belt line like that. I think it's actually arched all the way from rear to front. I think it would have been better to keep it a straight belt & just point it at a slightly lower angle. Nevertheless, I have no plans on trying to straighten that out. Yes, the F355 belt line is straight.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-04-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2009 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You mean raise the front of the chin for ground clearance?

Kinda. If you look at the Imola chin it is narrow at the front and widens as it flows back towards the wheel well. It may not be possible on the Fi355 front because the bottom angle of the fascia is not the same as the Ferrari's. I would have to do some photoshops. The look hinges on how well it will flow with the side rockers. Rob, your car has the Archie rockers that appear to look lower then the stock Fiero units. On another note though, I am really excited to see this project starting. Can't wait!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone with GT rockers take a straight edge to the front of the wheel well & give me a measurement between the rocker line & the GT fascia? My guess it's between 1" - 1 3/8" .

I made the rear corner of the Fi355 nose the exact same height at the GT aero fascia, but I think my rockers are lower than stock. Thanks.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a comparison with the Fi355 front and stock rockers. My car is in for paint so I can't give you a measurement.
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rob,
i measured my stock 87gt on a flat surface (garage floor) floor to bottom of gt rocker is 6 1/2 inches at rear of front wheel 7 1/2 inches at facie in front of the front wheel. leaving the nose facia 1 inch higher than the rocker.. hope this is what you were looking for.if not just let me know and i'll do it.

ps: if this is for the chin spoiler, keep in mind that some of your customers ( read I ) will be using rockers from the wide body kit.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not sure why the Fiero designer drooped the front of the belt line like that. I think it's actually arched all the way from rear to front. I think it would have been better to keep it a straight belt & just point it at a slightly lower angle. Nevertheless, I have no plans on trying to straighten that out. Yes, the F355 belt line is straight.

Funny you should be looking at this now. Last week I was looking at the exact same thing. I decided to leave it, for now.

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The belt line is one of the features that makes the Fiero a Fiero...so I think I'll just keep them on my stretch widebody.
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...so I think I'll just keep them on my stretch widebody.

So, when are you going to start that project, Rob???

Bob
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

So, when are you going to start that project, Rob???

Bob

I'm clearing a garage bay currently to get the Formula in for clutch & waterpump repair. Once in the pit I'll be able to start tinkering with the body bit by bit.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

rob,
i measured my stock 87gt on a flat surface (garage floor) floor to bottom of gt rocker is 6 1/2 inches at rear of front wheel 7 1/2 inches at facie in front of the front wheel. leaving the nose facia 1 inch higher than the rocker.. hope this is what you were looking for.if not just let me know and i'll do it.

I think 1 inch should be fine at the wheelwell and a 1-2 degree slope towards the front. I've seen some chin spoilers on various cars that appear to be lower than the side rockers which sort of takes on a snow plow look, and I'd like to avoid that.

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
update on the gtp bumper??? said you were working on prototype psyched to see
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2009 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

update on the gtp bumper??? said you were working on prototype psyched to see

I have the Fi512 nose next in line, after the Fi355 chin spoiler. I'll start thinking about the GTP a little later. One thing that I think I'll change from now on is to eliminate the two piece nose design and just do a one piece unit. Although I personally like the two piece design better, this will save on time & cost and more Fiero buffs can enjoy my creations.

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wwould you be willing to sell just one of those top pieces?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

wwould you be willing to sell just one of those top pieces?

Only as part of the Fi355 nose for the time being.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The 512tr nose should look pretty nice on the front of the Fiero, but I'm starting to have doubts about making the investiment in time & $$$$ given how slow things have gotten on this forum. A little voice in my head is telling me to move away from the limited Fiero & kitcar niches & focus more on larger more active markets.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2009 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The 512tr nose should look pretty nice on the front of the Fiero, but I'm starting to have doubts about making the investiment in time & $$$$ given how slow things have gotten on this forum. A little voice in my head is telling me to move away from the limited Fiero & kitcar niches & focus more on larger more active markets.

Amida, you need to do what is best for your family. I am sure that you will always support our obsession. From the comments left in this forum about your work, I am sure that your creations will prosper no matter where they are applied. I say, go out and keep making a name for yourself.

Tony

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The latest Fi40 dash just completed. Granite 'ultra' suede. This one with the pod upholstered. It would be nice to see eventually how these dashes look installed in the owners project cars.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock