Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Thank you.

Are you still waiting for the Fi512 ? I thought you were long gone. It's going to be a while before I can really start on it...gotta ship some interiors first.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-09-2009).]

IP: Logged
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been watching and waiting.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
amida, do you have a source for black alcantara material 'cause i'd like to get enough to do the top of my euro-dash. Is it THAT much different than UV-treated suede ?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

amida, do you have a source for black alcantara material 'cause i'd like to get enough to do the top of my euro-dash. Is it THAT much different than UV-treated suede ?

Well, it might be pricey stuff, but you can get it at Roadwire in Commerce, CA. All good auto/marine ultra suedes will be UV-treated. Alcantara is an Italian brand.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info.

I needed to stop near my "usual" upholstery shop today, so i stopped in and was told by the manager / owner (the only person I trust there, and then only a little more than 50%) that UV-treated suede will last about a year on a dash, alcantara suede a few years, before they get faded. The dash is the most difficult since it gets directly baked by the sun. He showed me a black seat cover he did for his own car with something called NOVA suede that he said would hold up better than either of the others, and was 1/2 cheaper than alcantara. I ordered 1.5 yards to do the top of my dash and A-pillar covers in black. Note: he quoted $120 / yard for alcantara.

I reasoned that if the alcantara is used on high-performance race cars, it is made for maximum (non-glare) performance and not longevity (?) so maybe he was somewhat correct. In any case, i decided to take a chance that he knew what he was talking about when he showed me his own seat cover (but it might have been something he found on the sidewalk and just wanted to make a sale - who knows).
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the info.

I needed to stop near my "usual" upholstery shop today, so i stopped in and was told by the manager / owner (the only person I trust there, and then only a little more than 50%) that UV-treated suede will last about a year on a dash, alcantara suede a few years, before they get faded. The dash is the most difficult since it gets directly baked by the sun. He showed me a black seat cover he did for his own car with something called NOVA suede that he said would hold up better than either of the others, and was 1/2 cheaper than alcantara. I ordered 1.5 yards to do the top of my dash and A-pillar covers in black. Note: he quoted $120 / yard for alcantara.

I reasoned that if the alcantara is used on high-performance race cars, it is made for maximum (non-glare) performance and not longevity (?) so maybe he was somewhat correct. In any case, i decided to take a chance that he knew what he was talking about when he showed me his own seat cover (but it might have been something he found on the sidewalk and just wanted to make a sale - who knows).

For some reason I thought you were working on a Countach. What do you have a Mera?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by jmbishop:

I've been watching and waiting.

Yeah, it'll be a really nice nose eventually. I've already split the 512tr donor in half. I'll probably be removing about 4.5" from the total width. My experience with building the Fi355 nose should help me alot on this one.

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
{pm sent} commerce is pretty close to me - i'll have to check them out.

i like to think my next kitcar willl be a 308 or 512 testaRossa, but i'm seeing some nice gallardos in the works - the lambo's are normally wayyyy beyond my level of involvement (frame stretch, vertical door difficulty and expense to build ). i think i want a "knock-off" of the gray one you posted above [at first i thoiught it was a fiero kit ]

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-10-2009).]

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UV-treated suede will last about a year on a dash, alcantara suede a few years, before they get faded. The dash is the most difficult since it gets directly baked by the sun.

I hope that does not happen to my dash -

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ferrobi:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaulJK:

UV-treated suede will last about a year on a dash, alcantara suede a few years, before they get faded. The dash is the most difficult since it gets directly baked by the sun.

All materials fade, UV coating just slows it down. I think the literature said the rating was 4% loss a year if kept in the sun for 24 hours a day, or something like that. I wouldn't worry about it. Within ten years you'll probably be driving an enzo replica or a minivan anyway. If you park day-in & day-out in the blazing sun, use a windshield visor.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good

PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look what I just got back from a 10 hour drive with!

Looks good Rob. Thanks again.
And if anyone is wondering about dealing with Rob (Amida), he is one of the best.
I will be updateing my build thread with more pics soon.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071783.html
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

I wouldn't worry. The guy at the shop before him told me it would last only 6 months. Besides, you have light gray; i'll have black.

Originally posted by Amida:

All materials fade, UV coating just slows it down. I think the literature said the rating was 4% loss a year if kept in the sun for 24 hours a day, or something like that. I wouldn't worry about it. Within ten years you'll probably be driving an enzo replica or a minivan anyway. If you park day-in & day-out in the blazing sun, use a windshield visor.

Good to hear. That's what I was thinking - use a visor or park in the shade i just hope this NOVA stuff i bought is a decent grade ....

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-11-2009).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm also waiting to see the 512 nose.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Look what I just got back from a 10 hour drive with!

Looks good Rob. Thanks again.
And if anyone is wondering about dealing with Rob (Amida), he is one of the best.
I will be updateing my build thread with more pics soon.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071783.html

It's good to see that the box was in good shape. Not really needed for soft urethane noses , but for gelcoated fiberglass it is a must to have full protection to guard the gelcoat during shipping.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

I'm also waiting to see the 512 nose.

My plan is to use the same upper valance as on the Fi355 nose, and to also borrow surface sections & flanges to help make this one quicker to put together. But, as before, I still have to work outside on the car for this one. Waiting for it to get a little warmer though.

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
amida - i picked up the suede from the upholsterers today and it looks terrific . Pretty thick, though, so i hope it won't be a problem to work with. i e-mailed you a copy of the specs to your juno address.

i also spoke to my window tinter and he said there is a 70% (very light) grade of tint that might be suitable for a windshield to help with the UV and heat. anybody know anything about 70% tint ?

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-13-2009).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You still have snow up there? It's like high 40's low 50's here in Walla Walla, strange weather, feels like spring. So the nose will be pretty easily put together? Simplicity is great, keep up the good work.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

You still have snow up there? It's like high 40's low 50's here in Walla Walla, strange weather, feels like spring. So the nose will be pretty easily put together? Simplicity is great, keep up the good work.

The snow is all gone now. Doing Delorean00's upholstery & adding some finishing touches to Ferrobi's dash design. Moving air from the base of the windshield to two, round vents in a different spot is a little tricky.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida, i have said it before, but it needs to be said again,..the work you do is amazing !!
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Amida, i have said it before, but it needs to be said again,..the work you do is amazing !!

I too have said it before but he truly is Amida the Amazing

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

I too have said it before but he truly is Amida the Amazing

Thanks. It's not perfect, but I guess it's not bad for non-computer aided design/fab.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
For the Fi355 chin spoiler I'll use this negative impression of the lower side of the nose as the mounting flange. I'll cut it down to 3-4 inches around the perimeter.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I'm going after something like this one. It looks like I could start off by doing what some guys are doing with the GTaero, attach an upside down bottom section of a 2nd GTaero, to get a mirror image. I could probably work off of that for starters.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-15-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait Amida! You can count on me for one for sure. Are you starting on this right now? I just wanted to say again wicked job on my front fascia. My wife thinks I'm retarded because I have it sitting in the living room and I just drool over it.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't wait Amida! You can count on me for one for sure. Are you starting on this right now? I just wanted to say again wicked job on my front fascia. My wife thinks I'm retarded because I have it sitting in the living room and I just drool over it.

In the living room? I guess it can double as a coffee table.

I still like this white combo.

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow, this is exactly the paint scheme i was thinking about, but with the 512 nose. minus the wing.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, pretty nice. Gun metal or black rims. I like the mini rear spoiler on TC's car.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a couple shots of a new Fi355 interior set coming together. Door upholstery just finished in black leatherette and going through final fitting.

The Fi40 dash had to be pulled or else the 355 doors would crash into it when closed...wouldn't want that to happen.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its nice to see the interior for my car is coming along so nicely. I can wait to install it!!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see a master at work!
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Its nice to see the interior for my car is coming along so nicely. I can wait to install it!!

I CC'd an emailed photo set to you over the weekend.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I CC'd an emailed photo set to you over the weekend.

I got it!

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm with him, any updates?
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job man!

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site and don't forget visit our google ad sponsors
http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

seadog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seadogSend a Private Message to seadogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob PM sent
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The chin spoiler would make a most excellent addition to Ferrario. Put me down for one as well.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
i posted this on the wrong threat but i wanted to know how hard would it be to fill in the side moulding area on your 355 nose to use with an archie wide body kit. also how much for the nose and shipping to 07764.
thanks
al
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

The chin spoiler would make a most excellent addition to Ferrario. Put me down for one as well.

What happend to the Ferrario thread, it's been pretty quiet?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock