Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I'm trying to determine if that is a Fiero.

nope - it's a real, live magnum opus (sounds like something that would be good with gravy)

Not really a fiero, just uses a few modified fiero parts //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/073226.html
IP: Logged
Dash

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DashSend a Private Message to DashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been wondering about alternative instruments for an updated Fiero dash. This Cavalier pod keeps coming to mind because it seems to be a relatively simple swap that doesn't cost too much & it actually works. It's cool looking; sort of reminding me of an 80's Knightrider.

WHERE DO I FLIPPIN GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dash - pm to you
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dash:

WHERE DO I FLIPPIN GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Here's the thread:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058885.html
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone interested in an Fi355 interior w/ black & tan leather upholstery NEW-IN-BOX? One of my customers has to let go of all his Fiero/355 kit stuff. Send me a PM if interested in contact info.

iNVisionPROTOTYPES

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iNVisionPROTOTYPESClick Here to visit iNVisionPROTOTYPES's HomePageSend a Private Message to iNVisionPROTOTYPESEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very clean job. I'm trying to determine if that is a Fiero. Defrost screen, steering column & wheel look familiar.

Thanks! You're right, except for the custom moulded horn button and the key hole has been shaved and relocated into the dash while still retaining the column lock. I could never get used to pressing that lever to extact the key.

------------------

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Send me a PM if interested in contact info.

Please check PM

justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've got a pm.

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 3.4L | The Fiero Blog (Since April 2000)
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Portfolio site | JustinChristie.ca

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just returned from doing an interior install in Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend. Despite running into a web of electrical issues ( related to previously installed keyless entry & also security system, with NO owners manual ) the install took us three full days to complete. However, the car was not used for quite some time & wouldn't start. Ignition spark was present, so I suspect it is a problem with the fuel pump which could not be heard priming before start-up.

fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was looking at chin spoilers and came across this 550 Mranello interior. I couldn't help notice how similar in proportions & feature placements are to the Fiero interior. I'll bet if this was super imposed over the Fiero interior it'll be strikingly similar. Look how similar the instrument arrangement is. The door handles as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...L0811151110005r30393

Ferrari 355 interior molds, current bid is $150

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just returned from doing an interior install in Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend. Despite running into a web of electrical issues ( related to previously installed keyless entry & also security system, with NO owners manual ) the install took us three full days to complete. However, the car was not used for quite some time & wouldn't start. Ignition spark was present, so I suspect it is a problem with the fuel pump which could not be heard priming before start-up.

So is that you or the owner

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's the happy owner in Florida. I forgot to take a shot of the engine bay but it has a 3800sc/ 4T65eHD and the paint is fresh. The car will need to be detailed & get a new boot cover to match. It would've been nice to take it out for a test spin, but the motor wouldn't start...probably due to a faulty fuel pump.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job Rob!
it looks great. I still need to get with you on parts for my car.
mine is taking longer than I thought but I will get the parts from you as soon as I can.
been working on the body trying to get that done then I will contact you for the parts I need.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That wasn't Funnywheels, was it???

Looks great, Rob...

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

That wasn't Funnywheels, was it???

Looks great, Rob...

Bob

Bob, Nope, this is a car in that was sitting around for some time after returning from Fastfieros. It has a fresh 3800sc swap, but we couldn't get it to start. I think the fuel pump wasn't running; we couldn't hear it turn on with the ignition. Hopefully it's just an electrical connection issue & not a bad pump.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-22-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Nice job Rob!
it looks great. I still need to get with you on parts for my car.
mine is taking longer than I thought but I will get the parts from you as soon as I can.
been working on the body trying to get that done then I will contact you for the parts I need.

Projects always seem to take 2-3 times longer than you initially expected. Holiday season is full of distractions that always slows my work down.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Piggy backin' today. These smoked turn signals are pretty cool.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the Fi40 dash project. Here is the fresh mould for the gauge trio holder, and a shot showing the progressive gauge angles to provide better viewing from the drivers seat.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-01-2008).]

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I prefer the shape of the signals on your red car, those smoked ones do look great. I bet they would be killer with any color car.

As always, fantastic workmanship Amida.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

While I prefer the shape of the signals on your red car, those smoked ones do look great. I bet they would be killer with any color car.

As always, fantastic workmanship Amida.

Yes, the smoked lenses are pretty cool. I'm thinking a white Fiero with black stripes, big black rims & slammed to the ground would be a great combo.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida! I was keeping it a secret
Car is an '86 GT - White/ Black trim
3400 v6
'88 rear susp. with coilovers
Jimmy S GT1 scoops
And of course this awsome front from you. Haven't found the right wheels yet but, yes, they will a be black 18/19 combo. Any sugestions? The inspiration for the car is the 355 Challenge cars. So I want a light 1pc five spoke design. Oh, and in case anyone is wondering Amida is a great guy to do business with.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if this was photoshopped, but to me the wheels are too big; it has O-rings for tires.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I like this color scheme.

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exactly what I was thinking about when you first mentioned the scheme.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the car that inspired the look I'm going for. Except with black or gunmetal wheels

Anyone got any wheel suggestions. Looking for 18x7.5 or 8 Front, 19x8 or 9 with 35mm offset.
I would also consider a 17/18 combo if the wheels only came in those sizes.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enzo wheels, 7x17, 8x18, 35mm, hyper, silver, gunmetal at Wheelmax.
http://www.wheelmax.com/whe...28&color=Gun%20Metal

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

This is the car that inspired the look I'm going for. Except with black or gunmetal wheels

I would also consider a 17/18 combo if the wheels only came in those sizes.

Stripes make a huge difference:

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Enzo wheels, 7x17, 8x18, 35mm, hyper, silver, gunmetal at Wheelmax.
http://www.wheelmax.com/whe...28&color=Gun%20Metal

Anyone have experience with these. Little concerned about how they will hold up.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TC went with 45 series rubber on these 18s, but for a lower look I would do 40s & 35s (f/r) on my car.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ford scorpion lights fit well without modifying the pockets. The Scorpion was not available in the States however so they must be shipped from Europe.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just playing around with photoshop. Whacha think?

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 12-07-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Or for a little bit of a cleaner look. How about this?
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Noo.. you destroyed it completely..

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Just playing around with photoshop. Whacha think?

Very nice! I'd keep the chin black, smoke the lights, and make the outer stripes wider.
And tint the windows

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-07-2008).]

Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a finished grill just pulled from the oven. It's made from 1/4" ABS sheet that is cut with a template on a router table using straight & round bits. The slats are sloted then placed in an alignment jig then welded together with plastic solvent Final finish coating is with SEM satin black & adhesion promoter. It looks just at good as the factory piece.

Amida.. LOVE your work.. would it be possible for me to purchase your grill, and what is the price?
Price for the shine pegasus in picture?
Do you have any measurements of length and height, i think my "mouth" is smaller than your version, so I can cut the edges a little bit to make it fit !?

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Swedish Fiero:

Amida.. LOVE your work.. would it be possible for me to purchase your grill, and what is the price?
Price for the shine pegasus in picture?
Do you have any measurements of length and height, i think my "mouth" is smaller than your version, so I can cut the edges a little bit to make it fit !?

I just sold the last grill that I had, but I'll have a machine shop do another batch in about 2-3 weeks. Measures 29" x 5". Assuming the the machining cost is the same, the grill option is $95.00+shipping, but will know for sure when I get a quote from the machine shop.

Thanks.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Work outside in the unheated shop is at a near standstill in sub-freezing weather. I can get 5 minutes out of my air tools before the air lines clog with ice. But, here's a cool winter shot.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's good reminder to test fit your new parts before committing to paint. I've had this pic in my files for a couple of years to remind myself of what can happen if things go un-checked.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working in sub freezing weather makes me want to move to the sunny south. It's difficult to work with your hands when you can't feel your fingers!

Fitting the new prototype dash and figuring out air routing to the windshield defrost vents.

A side project for 2009. Mocking up one side of Fi512 nose. Haven't had much time on this project; other projects to take care of first.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-05-2009).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock