Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Thanks. I'm still working on the XLR version; will post drawings when I have something. But I am working on a design buck for a new GTP replacement front fascia. It's similar to the one in this photo but without the Sunfire headlights and it's for the stock Fiero.

I like where your going with this , show us more plz. Joe

Page 2 again

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 02-28-2006).]

IP: Logged
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is what I had in mind for the coupe from my previous drawing. It's a stock '85GT with some bodyline modifications. In addition the drivetrain/cradle is shifted 3" back and a new curved windshield is added. My design goal is to give it a slightly modified look while maintaining a stock factory appearance.

HI all,

Amida is the extended windshield in the above pic installed, or is it photoshopped in?? If it is installed I would love to hear about it, and see some more pics..... Particular interest is cold air return function with the new windshield and wiper mods......

edit: Amida do you have a website?? Also, did you know that the website for your interior is not working anymore??

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 03-02-2006).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My interior photos were put up courtesy of Jim Dinner. He may still have his build diary webpages but under a different link. I will be putting up a few webpages for my front fascia designs: GTR(512tr), GTP, & GTO. I'll have the 355 interior pics on there as well. It'll save me alot of time instead of having to e-mail pics all the time over a dial-up connection. I've had this bug in my ear to do the curved windshield thing to the Fiero. The image is Photoshopped, but I'm looking into having a few pieces made for me. The wiper mods looks simple enough to do, according to the kitcar guys.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I think the curved windshield would look awesome on the fiero too, though I am up in arms about how to do the cold air return..... Funnywheels says he figured it out, I guess if and when I can get around to it, i'll just have him write up a tech article about it......lol.....

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is just a very rough sketch of the full frontal view. I just needed to get some ideas down on paper. I'd like to start a project like this sometime. My design goal is to achieve a look that is very Pontiac & Identifiable as a Fiero while blending in more current body lines. I'll try to utilize existing off the shelf parts too.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is a Fiero coupe Photoshopped with Cadillac XLR lighting & body lines.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

A little adjustment to the rear sail panel; much better. Notice that the layout is mid-engine, changed from front engine on the original XLR. I actually think I'd buy it- if it existed. Perhaps it should be called Northstar XLM.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-03-2006).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Your photoshop skillz are great, and your ideas are off tha hook!! 1 question that is bugging me, why the 3 inch stretch??

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 3" stretch is mainly to lengthen the look; to give it a more cab-forward bias. I understand that 3" is about the limit for shifting the cradle back & leaving enough room for coil-over struts. No chassis cutting. I suspect that with a Northstar that the towers will need to be notched for pulley clearance.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-03-2006).]

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only on 88s. My N* doesn't interfere with my strut towers, but then again I only have about 1/4" clearance on the passenger side.

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic
3.4 dohc Install
Sub Install
Northstar Install

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool drawing...

I outlined it so if somebody wants to splash some color on it they can

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, that's cool man! What program does that outlining? It's nice to see it cleaned up.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by crzyone:

Only on 88s. My N* doesn't interfere with my strut towers, but then again I only have about 1/4" clearance on the passenger side.

That's pretty darn tight. I'll have to comb through these topics to find out more about N* in Fieros.

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow amida, this is really impressive. I like your drawrings and that outline, beautiful lines.

Any chance of a profile view and more comming soon?
Way to collect the style of the fiero and really integrate new curves/designs.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll put some ideas down for a side profile. I'm thinking a GT rear qtr glass style will fit the lines better on this one. I think it would be nice to leave out the mid-body division line, but that is a major visual characteristic of the original Fiero. I also think the GT style taillight lens may be appropriate as well. Thanks.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, that's cool man! What program does that outlining? It's nice to see it cleaned up.

I used Jasc Paint Shop Pro, but the program doesnt do it for you. I had to draw over top of yours.

------------------

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like your vision Amida. The first XLM looks cool, but I'd pull the nose back a couple of inches. It looks nose heavy. It's kind of funny that you're doing this because I'm doing the same thing, sort of. Since my kitcar dreams seem to be just that, dreams, I started modeling a 21'st century Fiero that keeps the original design alive, but incorporates Pontiac cues. I was thinking of modifying my car once I come up with a final design. And it will use an extended windshield, also (Trevor's or Sebring, etc).

Keep up the good work...

Bob

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doublec4, Looks great. Could you draw in the splitter in the front grill?
I thought I'd sketch some ideas for the rear view. The main idea, again, is to be able to identify the car as a Fiero. So, I used the GT quarter glass shape & tail lights along with the mid-body division line. I put back in the hot air outlets at the front fenders and continued with the '05 GTP fascia as in the front. I might try a rear diffuser in place of the grill & move the grill to between the taillights. Still needs alot of work, but I really like the glass engine cover idea.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-06-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by RCR:

It's kind of funny that you're doing this because I'm doing the same thing, sort of. I started modeling a 21'st century Fiero that keeps the original design alive, but incorporates Pontiac cues. I was thinking of modifying my car once I come up with a final design. And it will use an extended windshield, also (Trevor's or Sebring, etc).

Keep up the good work...

Bob

Thanks Bob, Let's see some of your ideas. Were you refering to the XLR drawing on the coupe? I'll still have to work on that one.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-06-2006).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Voila, A splash of color! Looks pretty good!

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man nice touch! I like that yellow one you have too.
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, thats what I am in the process of building myself :P. It's always nice to see new ideas. I do really like how you are trying to keep it pontiac, its a nice touch. I think you deserve a + for your ideas. Keep it up, don't be shy to ask if you need any tips on actually building this thing.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Thanks, you bet. I'm pretty sure with all the expertise on this site that something like this could be built. This rough sketch includes a rear diffuser.
I can also visualize a wing spoiler.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I found your taillights

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Close, but actually from '78 Pontiac Firebird.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even better. I was thinking the exact same thing as you last year. 1982 Trans Am tails.

Weird how that works isn't it ? . Last years widebody was too... Well fiero ish to pull those lights off.. After I completely re-do the rear end, we will have to see what they look like.... I almost forgot about those. Thanks.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
As a matter of fact... I did the notchie quarter lengthenings as well...

hehehe, quit stealing ideas LOL jk.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty crafty work you've got going there. I like what you're doing to it. I was thinking of putting these on my '88 Formula:

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2006 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, this is kind of what I was thinking. What do you think????

I tried to keep some old school Pontiac, along with the original Fiero lines. I'm partial to Notchies, too. It's preliminary and rough. Feedback welcome.

Bob

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2006 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks Good Bob. I like the slant of the bodyline & sail panel. I see the Pontiac style nose vents as well, pretty nice. Maybe add an airdam underneath for ground effect. Cool.
I think Custom2m4 is on the same page.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-07-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I had to finish sketching the rear end before I lose my vision. I've incorporated a Toyota MR2 rear window & Firebird taillights. Cleaned up some of the lines. With both the front & rear drawn on paper, I think I can visualize what a side profile will look like. Next, I'll try to sketch something to connect both ends.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-07-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Well, this is kind of what I was thinking. What do you think????

I tried to keep some old school Pontiac, along with the original Fiero lines. I'm partial to Notchies, too. It's preliminary and rough. Feedback welcome.

Bob

The part I like most about this are those side scoops. Would lookamazing translated to a shaved Fiero, and it wouldn't be too hard to do (assuming you had the skills to shave it in the first place).

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx....

Maybe add an airdam underneath for ground effect.

I agree. My splitters are too small. Maybe I'll bring it all the way across with a stand in the center. Hmm??? I also want to round off the edges of the front fascia to the fenders.

Also,
It's hard to see in the pics, but the back pic shows that I'm using Mcaanda's styled rear decklid vents. I need to finish them up and get better models printed.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 03-08-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, your front end reminds me of a '70 GTO. I also noticed you removed the mid-body division line and added a larger side inlet. Your design has a nice chiseled look.

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saddly, I think this is not a photoshop. I found it in the archives while looking for something else.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the 'pickup' in Columbus when they had the Fiero Nats here.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quite a stretch. I wonder if that has a longitudinal setup within.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always liked this stretch concept.

Rob

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey what program do you guys use for those 3d designs?
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All of mine is done on Photoshop7.... But mine aren't 3D...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock