Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking at chin spoilers and came across this 550 Mranello interior. I couldn't help notice how similar in proportions & feature placements are to the Fiero interior. I'll bet if this was super imposed over the Fiero interior it'll be strikingly similar. Look how similar the instrument arrangement is. The door handles as well.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-03-2008).]

IP: Logged
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I was looking at chin spoilers and came across this 550 Mranello interior. I couldn't help how similar in proportions & feature placements are to the Fiero interior. I'll bet if this was super imposed over the Fiero interior it'll be strikingly similar. Look how similar the instrumention arrangement is. The door handles as well.

HHMM......How about making one of those for my car?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

HHMM......How about making one of those for my car?

Right, you need something different in your IMSA to bring out the inside. I've been looking at a more affordable solution for the Fiero. My Fi355 interior fits & looks great, but is a ton of work, I literally have to make every piece by hand. If I can just change the shape & features & try to keep as many of the original components, gauges, switches etc., that will simplify things & keep down costs. I would definitely change to round air vents like in the G6 .

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a little design study with cardboard on a cool, wet, & rainy Sunday afternoon. A feasible idea to add a chin/ gravel scoop option.

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DO it - I love the one on my F40 from Norm's Fiberglass

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

DO it - I love the one on my F40 from Norm's Fiberglass

Looks great Bob! Is that just a rim piece, or is it a full under tray? Any pics of it alone? Thanks.

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES!! That is what I was looking for. Amida, You can add one to my front if you are going to make this. I have some good pictures of different chin spoilers on f355's I will put up (can't right now I'm @ work). One thing I noticed on all of them is that the front of the spoilers follows the profile of the bumper. By this I mean that it doesn't have a uniform curve across the front it has the "notch" taken out of the center like the bumper does. Are you planning on doing this?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No pics of it alone it is just a rim piece that is about 4 inches wide top and bottom - bottom is flat top has bevel
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some different pics of f355 front spoilers.

Photoshoped this one on to deitmars front

I am partial to the carbonfiber one. Has a more modern look then the other one IMO. And it doesn't seem to project out as much either.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 11-03-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the F355, such a sexy machine. The black spoiler looks the best, I could do something like that. I have some interior projects to take care of first before I can start another design. I also have the 512TR nose that I'd like to get going as well. The days are just too short.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Perfect fender to wheel gap on this one.
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love the F355, such a sexy machine. The black spoiler looks the best, I could do something like that. I have some interior projects to take care of first before I can start another design. I also have the 512TR nose that I'd like to get going as well. The days are just too short.

Rob, I have to ask is this a hobby on top of another full time job.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is my job for the time being. Hobby turned to work since a lay-off from computer sales after dot-com bubble burst. This is much funner, but all the chemicals & dust are going to kill me if I'm not absolutely religious on health & safety.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is my job for the time being. Hobby turned to work since a lay-off from computer sales after dot-com bubble burst. This is much funner, but all the chemicals & dust are going to kill me if I'm not absolutely religious on health & safety.

I'm a painter so when working inside with anything other than latex I use a respirator. Will help my health in the end. Wear it.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perfect fender to wheel gap on this one.

Put me down for one of these if you make it!

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 11-03-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Put me down for one of these if you make it!

Okay, you'll be the fist in line. I need to Finish Ferrobi's Fi40 interior first. I'm almost done with the design work...I can almost smell it !
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida,

This is perfect ! This is exactly what i meant a few pages back and felt the nose needed. It will line up much, much better with the ground effects now from a side profile.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess it would be better to smash a chin rather than to damage the whole nose. That'll be great, I'll have repeat customers. Maybe I could put together a 6 pack of disposable chins
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just add a disclaimer that it is "not for road use"!

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 11-04-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The disclaimer should read: " For smooth track use only. Do not use within a mile of : potholes, road turtles, speed bumps, sidewalk curbs, driveways, parking lot blocks, cobblestone roads, gravel roads, ferry boat ramps, & roadkill. "

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The disclaimer should read: " For smooth track use only. Do not use within a mile of : potholes, road turtles, speed bumps, sidewalk curbs, driveways, parking lot blocks, cobblestone roads, gravel roads, ferry boat ramps, & roadkill. "

I like that!
Question for you..... Can you make a chin like the challenge car with the side canards ?
if so it would save me some time on my car. I would still need to modify it for mine but that is easier than making the whole piece.
let me know. thanks.
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob
FieroVation
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA

The lower 1/4 & rockers look like they'd be to tall and flat.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
I like that!
Question for you..... Can you make a chin like the challenge car with the side canards ?
if so it would save me some time on my car. I would still need to modify it for mine but that is easier than making the whole piece.
let me know. thanks.

I'll just be doing the one spoiler without the canards. You can shape the canards from foam, then glass it onto the sides.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by jmbishop:

The lower 1/4 & rockers look like they'd be to tall and flat.

Quite possible. It was just an idea on what to do with my Arch rockers, which are about 4" wider than stock. So, the door wings & scoops will actually stick out like on the Enzo.

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as interiors:

To Me, the ferrari interior doesn't look THAT much different than the late model GM one

2000 Trans Am

Personally I like this one

If you're interested, I have one of these (maserati bi-turbo) dashes you can use. Mine has a square instrument pod instead of the round one shown; i also have the door panels. I KNOW it will fit well in a fiero because i have done a test fit. The ends of the dash fit perfectly between the fiero plastic A-pillar trim AND the console rests on the center of the fiero console / floor tunnel. It was VERY difficult to remove from the maserati.

By the way, there IS a glove box on the passenger side, it just doesn't show in the pics.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 11-05-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

As far as interiors:

To Me, the ferrari interior doesn't look THAT much different than the late model GM one

If you're interested, I have one of these (maserati bi-turbo) dashes you can use. Mine has a square instrument pod instead of the round one shown; i also have the door panels. I KNOW it will fit well in a fiero because i have done a test fit. The ends of the dash fit perfectly between the fiero plastic A-pillar trim AND the console rests on the center of the fiero console / floor tunnel. It was VERY difficult to remove from the maserati.

By the way, there IS a glove box on the passenger side, it just doesn't show in the pics.

Yes, the Fierbird dash has a resemblance. The one thing that bugs me on that is the large rainbow shaped instrument pod. I would streamline it to reduce visual mass.

What are you doing with the Maser interior? Building a rebody?
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought the interior when i had the opportunity. On the maserati, there are dash studs that go through the firewall and nuts underneath the wiper cowl. Unfortunately, the wiper cowl is one piece that goes across the hood and down both front fenders - unbelieveably bad design (if they ever planned on removing the dash).

I figured I'd put it in a car at some later date so, right now, it's just sitting in the garage. The instrument pod is rectangular and i believe the dakota digital universal digital guage panel would fit in perfectly - would be "blacked-out" until the car is turned ON, then bar graphs and digits lite up. Either that or i have the factory maserati trim pieces and round guages could be used with or without them.

The windshield edge of the dash needs to be fabbed to fit the fiero, but otherwise it is a pretty nice fit. Some fab work is also needed where the door panels meet the dash, glove box and venting - pretty common areas. The leather is pretty rough, so no need to worry about hurting it.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, have you ever done any side view mirrors ?
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now.. that´s an incredible looking Ferrari..

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Rob, have you ever done any side view mirrors ?

I'm going to see if I can make a carbon fiber replacement or just an attachable skin ( rolled edge would be a problem spot ). And maybe a re-designed mirror using the same glass.

Also, I have to keep reminding myself that cost is a much bigger consideration in the Fiero realm than in the kitcar arena. CF is cool but expensive, maybe just a re-shaped fiberglass piece would be the smarter way.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-07-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Swedish Fiero:

:

Although the painted mirrors look good too, I was thinking of maybe re-shaping them a little. but, keeping the original mirror glass.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-08-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's some food for thought for design of the center stack (these pics are from the Honda Pilot)

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 11-07-2008).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Maybe something like this (i very much agree that the "rainbow" instrument pod is wayyy too big)

One of the reasons I liked the maserati dash and console was because it was nicely designed to allow room in the console for adding the stuff i wanted.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 11-07-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Interesting shifter placement. Reminds me of those dirt road rally car races.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very clean job. I'm trying to determine if that is a Fiero. Defrost screen, steering column & wheel look familiar.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a Fiero, its the Rhythm.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. It's like a piece of rolling art. Hard to believe there's a little fiero in there.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow. It's like a piece of rolling art. Hard to believe there's a little fiero in there.

Its a great looking car.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/073226.html For a second I thought you were being sarcastic, LOL

Edit: i don't mean to hijack...

[This message has been edited by HC (edited 11-09-2008).]

Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep.. lots of work on that car but still Ugly I think, no harmony in the lines, makes my head hurt..

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock