Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here just completed is the third & final version of the Fi355 nose with Jeep Liberty light (Euro clears). These Liberty lights have a slightly different look from the original f355 & Maxima, but they fit well & also come in different color choices: amber/clear/smoked. They all looke pretty good to me, I could go with either style. This completes the designwork on the fi355 nose project.

IP: Logged
gunslinger

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida who makes these I would like a set and how much send me a pm.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooo, oooo. Methinks I know where the nose be goin'. Yippee!

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gunslinger:

Amida who makes these I would like a set and how much send me a pm.

Thanks. That would be me. It was around June of last year when I got this bug in my ear to do this two piece version of the 355 nose. It was quite a hefty project, starting with a Ferrari f355 challenge bumper & mouldings of the GT aero nose, and some how tweeking it together in a full scale model. If you have the time I think the build thread starts around page 7 of this thread.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-11-2008).]

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida you do great work.

What other style noses, or rears do you planned ?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Ooo, oooo. Methinks I know where the nose be goin'. Yippee!

Yep. I'm waiting for the delivery address.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by exoticse:
Amida you do great work.

What other style noses, or rears do you planned ?

I haven't decided yet, may try an attachment for the Formula rear. I have some interior projects to get done first. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-30-2008).]

vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, What engine combination are you planning? Sence you going to do a little stretch why don't you concider a longitudinal swap but in a different direction. Maybe a Audi/944 transmission and a 3.4 DOHC, or a 3800sc. It wouldn't have to be stretched as far as a V8 stretch. I have had this idea floating in head even before Bubbajoe accually did it. You can buy the trans for about $500-$1000, the adapter fron Kennedy for less than a grand, and give the going rate for the rest. It would MAKE a custom Fiero! Anyway, just a thought. I'd like to see the new nose mounted if you have a picture

Vinny
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the grill from and will that grill fit the OEM F355 bumper?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

Amida, What engine combination are you planning? Sence you going to do a little stretch why don't you concider a longitudinal swap but in a different direction. Maybe a Audi/944 transmission and a 3.4 DOHC, or a 3800sc. It wouldn't have to be stretched as far as a V8 stretch. I have had this idea floating in head even before Bubbajoe accually did it. You can buy the trans for about $500-$1000, the adapter fron Kennedy for less than a grand, and give the going rate for the rest. It would MAKE a custom Fiero! Anyway, just a thought. I'd like to see the new nose mounted if you have a picture

Vinny

I really like the Northstar/Audi, but according to Bubbujoexxx the stretch will have to be at leat 11inches which i think is too long for the normal Fiero profile. A whole new "supercar" profile will be needed to make the Fiero look right. Something like my mid-engine version of the Cadillac XLR:

If I ever get the time I'd like to finish swapping the 3800sc that I have sitting on the cradle collecting dust. It's a fresh motor with 12k miles from a 97GTP.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Brastic:

Where did you get the grill from and will that grill fit the OEM F355 bumper?

It's fabricated from 1/4" ABS on a router table. Made to fit the Fi355 nose, It has more curve & is shorter than the OEM F355.
PFF
System Bot
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I understand the problem with the V8. I've been contemplating this idea for some time using a V6 instead of a V8 with a short stretch like 4" or what ever it takes.

Vinny
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

Well I understand the problem with the V8. I've been contemplating this idea for some time using a V6 instead of a V8 with a short stretch like 4" or what ever it takes.

Vinny

Have you looked at the Porsche Boxter? I noticed that it's a mid engine setup unlike the 930 . I'm wondering if it uses the same adapter from Kennedy.
I could change the above XLR-M drawing to make it look more like a notchback Fiero .

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-01-2008).]

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump!
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Work Amida

I know how hard the German F355 front is to find, you will for sure be able to make good money out of this and you´re worth it..

Only difference between Euro model and yours that I can spot is that yours is a little shorter, has a bigger mouth and is higher from the ground.

Both models looks great thou..
------------------
Swedish Fiero

http://www.garaget.org/?car=93274&image=1052336

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

[This message has been edited by Swedish Fiero (edited 10-15-2008).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As uusual, very nice work Rob . I've always thought the 355 (and mazda) design would look less "smiley" if the bottom was squared

Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Noo.. that one I don´t like at all..

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Swedish Fiero:

Great Work Amida

I know how hard the German F355 front is to find, you will for sure be able to make good money out of this and you´re worth it..

Only difference between Euro model and yours that I can spot is that yours is a little shorter, has a bigger mouth and is higher from the ground.

Both models looks great thou..

Thanks, it was a fun project.

You may not have noticed this detail, but it is also a two piece component nose. I thought it would give it more of a factory appearance. Fabricating a fiberglass part this size by hand lay-up method is very time intensive and it's one dirty job that is not so fun but it must be done.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-14-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by PaulJK:

As uusual, very nice work Rob . I've always thought the 355 (and mazda) design would look less "smiley" if the bottom was squared

Thanks, It does look happy doesn't it?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-12-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As usual, very nice work Rob . I've always thought the 355 (and mazda) design would look less "smiley" if the bottom was squared

But now it just looks like it's gritting it's teeth.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 10-12-2008).]

gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look like a truck grill
PFF
System Bot
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like my smiling Fiero

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the ticket! If Amida makes this nose how many will want one? I for one will buy one.

Originally posted by Amida:

This is a 512tr type nose that I'll also work on fitting to the Fiero. The fascias will retain the stock Fiero side mouldings to fit & look like a stock replacement.

Hey PaulJK why not just get the 512?

I think Amida may be making it soon. Though I can not say for sure as I think he would need some interst in order it go into production on the 512 nose.
I think the 512 is a more natural fit for the GT Fiero.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Swedish Fiero:

I like my smiling Fiero

Nice, Very clean & shiny.

I made Fi355 nose#002 with those Ford Scorpion lights, they were almose the same size as the F355.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Christine:

This is the ticket! If Amida makes this nose how many will want one? I for one will buy one.
I think Amida may be making it soon. Though I can not say for sure as I think he would need some interst in order it go into production on the 512 nose.
I think the 512 is a more natural fit for the GT Fiero.

I'm sure I'll get around to it, but I can't announce a definite timeline at the moment. But, you're right I think it's a natural fit for the Fiero.

Rob
FieroVation
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the Ford Scorpion lights are the best since you get a really good day driving ligts from the 55W foglights.. The F355 front makes the car looks more modern and I think you will be able to sell as many as you like and has the time to make, what is the price of the front from you and how many are you planing of making?..

Once again Great work.. do you have any pictures of the front mounted and painted?

------------------
Swedish Fiero

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

Hey PaulJK why not just get the 512?

the 512 testarossa is one of my favorites, but it takes more-or-less an artist to make it look right in the proper proportions.

Not to stray too much from Rob's topic, but maybe more slats to make it look like more of an "air inlet" and less of a "mouth" (?).

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 10-16-2008).]

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the more complicated grill takes away from the 355 style, and instead of a smiling beauty, it becomes an awkward preteen with braces.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smiling beauty with grill :
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Smiling beauty with grill :

FUNNY!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To all you coupe & formula owners, what do you do about rockers & groundFX? What choices are there other than the arch rockers that I have? I just realized that if I design an add-on to the Formula rear it would look silly without adding rockers/side skirts to lineup with. I may just switch over to the GT rear & work off of that instead.
x
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She looks like she has many ways to hurt a guy

What choices are there other than the arch rockers that I have? .... I may just switch over to the GT rear & work off of that instead.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 10-22-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She looks like she has many ways to hurt a guy

Those all looke like widebody kits. Are there other simpler rocker add-ons for the coupe in addition to these two? :

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-22-2008).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like Dietmer's combination...

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been wondering about alternative instruments for an updated Fiero dash. This Cavalier pod keeps coming to mind because it seems to be a relatively simple swap that doesn't cost too much & it actually works. It's cool looking; sort of reminding me of an 80's Knightrider.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I got one of these pegasus badges mounted to a grill. It didn't have any mounting lugs so I used some emblem adhesive and stuck it onto a backing plate.
It's a real shiny piece.

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, how is my front coming? Swedish, your car has got me all hot and bothered. Can't wait to get mine!
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most people gets hot when seeing my car, especially the women

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a finished grill just pulled from the oven. It's made from 1/4" ABS sheet that is cut with a template on a router table using straight & round bits. The slats are sloted then placed in an alignment jig then welded together with plastic solvent Final finish coating is with SEM satin black & adhesion promoter. It looks just at good as the factory piece.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock