Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
blkcofy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soooo, what-cha doing that for?

[This message has been edited by blkcofy (edited 05-18-2008).]

IP: Logged
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for status....
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for a bump for status Love the nose btw, i will have one someday
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi355 nose #004 modified with clear Euro Maxima lights. The clears are pretty cool. Moving on to #005 with Liberty lights.
x

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooo! Ooo! I know someone who ordered one with the Liberty lights.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know whos bumper that is with maxima lights!
Looks really good.

Austin

[This message has been edited by Vendetta (edited 05-28-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

Soooo, what-cha doing that for?

It's better to make moulds of the light pockets rather than having to re-shape by hand each time I do it. Epoxy has no solvents to attack the paint so with a little waxing ( & some PVA for insurance ) these moulds just pop right off. Shown in photo with alignment jigs to help positionoing of the inserts before glassing in.
x

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The Formula rear bumper has a beveled cut on the lower side which looks like it can be used as a mounting surface for attaching a lower ground effects panel or diffuser-like setup. x

x
Something like this 599GTB diffuser might work, or some variation of it.
x

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, no your not!!

That's soooo not fair to us GT owners! Come on! Youre going to make a rear diffuser now?? Damn.

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Something like this 599GTB diffuser might work, or some variation of it.
x

Now that would be SWEEEEEET

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-29-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2008 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would look pretty cool, but if it is just an attachable part it wouldn't look anything close to it; will have to re-do the whole rear bumper for that look.
PFF
System Bot
MP5Na3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sir,

If you begin selling the front 355 bumpers, I would appreciate being included upon the list for this. Would be going with the version with the Liberty clear turn signals if that will be available at that point and time.

Thanks

David aka MP5Na3

my email is adheinke@navix.net also
thanks

[This message has been edited by MP5Na3 (edited 06-12-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MP5Na3:

Sir,

If you begin selling the front 355 bumpers, I would appreciate being included upon the list for this. Would be going with the version with the Liberty clear turn signals if that will be available at that point and time.

Thanks

David aka MP5Na3

my email is adheinke@navix.net also
thanks

Hi David, Yes, I just finished Fi355 nose #004. Sending e-mail . Thanks. Rob

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi David, Yes, I just finished Fi355 nose #004. Sending e-mail . Thanks. Rob

Ahem....you haven't forgotten about me have you?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

Ahem....you haven't forgotten about me have you?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
It's been a while since I had the Formula running; almost a year. Thought I'd take it to the Arlingtion meet last week after I got the suspension rebuilt & interior thrown back in, but on the way up the alternator died on the freeway. Had to make an emergency stop at LesSchwab to recharge & buy a backup battery. Then turned around & limped back 50 miles to homebase on battery juice alone. Good thing I brought tools & a water jug.

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was wondering what happened to you. Did you get it charging good? Are you planning to make it to the Fest ? http://www.nwfierofest.com/
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Was wondering what happened to you. Did you get it charging good? Are you planning to make it to the Fest ? http://www.nwfierofest.com/

After sitting in the driveway for so long, things on the car corrode & deteriorate. First was the clutch system, then the Alt. I'm going to go over the cooling system next before going on any out-of-towners. The Richland event sounds interesting, I'll see if I can make that meet. Maybe I'll have the rockers modded by then.

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida: I'm going to go over the cooling system next

I have a Coolant System Pressurizer you can borrow if you want to test for leaks.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

I have a Coolant System Pressurizer you can borrow if you want to test for leaks.

Thanks Steve. I'll let you know when I start working on the cooling system.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A little bit of multi-tasking in the works. Fi40 dash mould construction & Fi355 dash assembly.

PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little bit of multi-tasking in the works. Fi40 dash mould construction & Fi355 dash assembly.

I'm starting to see the end of the tunnel - and at the end is one awesome Fi40 interior

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Final mock-up before prep & upholstery. Instrument panel & defrost screens are not shown. Color will be black & tan .

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black and tan huh? I wonder how that looks? lol

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, The Formula just had a major clutch system failure in the driveway so it doesn't look like I'll be taking the Formula anywhere soon. After just installing a new alternator from the Fierostore, I started up the engine and felt an odd shaking in the clutch pedal during startup. I pressed the pedal down a couple more times to investigate when all of a sudden I heard POP ! and then emmediately I felt no pressure in the pedal followed by a scraping ticking sound from the engine bay. Something just broke & I'm not completely sure, but I think it's the release fork/throwout bearing. Maybe the pressure plate just fell apart, but whatever it is the tranny needs attention now.

Anyone heard of this happening before?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replacement Fi355 door moulds, replica version, in progress. The original moulds have deteriorated to the point of no return so I'm taking this time to create newer epoxy tooling. These will save on prep time, hide the upholstery fold, & will be a little more rounded on the top edge.

Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you decided to keep building the interior, Rob. Definitely the best out there!

------------------
The 6th Annual California Coast Run
October 24-26, 2008

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fitted another Riceburner98 HVAC unit with new pushbuttons yesterday.
x

where can I get this ac controler for my project 88?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Glad to see you decided to keep building the interior, Rob. Definitely the best out there!

It's been keeping me busy along with the Fi40 dash & the Fi355 noses (#005 right now ). Next up will be the Fi360 interior.

Also, maybe some fender flares & a rear diffuser.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-09-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by whodeanie:

where can I get this ac controler for my project 88?

The hvac panels are from Riceburner98 .

Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's been keeping me busy along with the Fi40 dash & the Fi355 noses (#005 right now ). Next up will be the Fi360 interior.

Also, maybe some fender flares & a rear diffuser.

Thanks.

360 interior would be good. I might have to get one of John's 360 kits one of these days to go along with it.
PFF
System Bot
FieroFanaticus2

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm lovin it!

------------------

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi40 dash updates?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Fi40 dash updates?

Bob, I'll be back on it in a couple of days; Had to get the door panel tooling squared away so that I can get a few interior sets out the door.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Epoxy is more expensive & difficult to work with than polyester, but one nice thing about it is that it doesn't emit smelly solvent fumes. Glass mat is not compatible so all layers are done with glass twill weave which very drapable, but doesn't fill corners, nooks & crannies very well. To compensate for this a putty is made to fill the corners & tight spots. This will be a two piece mould.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked a couple hours this morning trimming & drilling valance panel #005.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New & improved Fi355 door panel moulds completed. Ready for waxing.

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, Are you thinking about joining us at the NW Fiero Fest ?

http://www.nwfierofest.com/
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fresh Fi355 door panels from the new moulds fit precisely & require much less prep work than earlier version.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Final fitting before shipping. Door upholstery completed in black/ "tuscan russet " to color match with Mr. Mikes medium tan #14 which I believe is the same tan used in the '88 Fieros.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock