Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

245s? How about 275s? So, do I have Archie Rockers? Look how small it makes the rear look.

Yes they look like mine in the back, can you take a picture of the front?

Here's a picture of the back scoop.

I purchased these new from Archie a couple of months ago

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 04-19-2008).]

IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Yes they look like mine in the back, can you take a picture of the front?
I purchased these new from Archie a couple of months ago

I think I have the same rockers. They are damaged on the bottom side but I should be able to fix them. It doesn't seem to fit right under the right rear side molding though. Not sure if it's just coming loose.

blkcofy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With a lowered suspension the possibility of scraping the bottom side of the nose on a driveway somewhere becomes more likely. Just as a precaution I added a pair of 1/4" skid pads secured by rivets.
x

LOOOOVE IT!!

I'M #007!

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

LOOOOVE IT!!

I'M #007!

How much did you lower your car? Mine will be sitting on the ground .
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Fitted another Riceburner98 HVAC unit with new pushbuttons yesterday.
x

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hard to believe just how plug-n-play that unit is isn't it?

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got one of the first ones and I still haven't plugged it in yet.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Been thinkin about what to do about my damaged rockers. Might try this Enzo like scoop set-up with a 355 touch. The door attachment will have to stick out, like on an Enzo, to be flush with the rockers. It'll be something like a cannard/air foil.
x

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-25-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got one of the first ones and I still haven't plugged it in yet.

Not to worry. Even "I" wasn't able to fry it. Just plug it in to the corresponding plugs and it works great.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally never liked the archie side skirts, and I love the curves in your concept. I think they will flow quite well, especially with your new bumper. Also, the front bumper guards are quite a nice touch. They look pretty good and better yet, are functional. They don't stand out, I'm surprised it isn't a more common solution.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a way to take the Archie skirts off and see how the nose would look on a stock Fiero?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Do you have a way to take the Archie skirts off and see how the nose would look on a stock Fiero?

The quarters & fenders are trimmed underneath. These are the only rockers that I have so I'll have to make something of them.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Tusch:

I personally never liked the archie side skirts, and I love the curves in your concept. I think they will flow quite well, especially with your new bumper. Also, the front bumper guards are quite a nice touch. They look pretty good and better yet, are functional. They don't stand out, I'm surprised it isn't a more common solution.

This yellow notchie is pretty close to my setup. The GT rear looks better than my Formula rear. Looks like I have to do something about that as well.

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How much did you lower your car? Mine will be sitting on the ground .

The WCF springs and coilovers lowered the car about 1 1/2 inches in the back and about 1 inch in the front. I've got spacers in the front because originally the springs were too low and not enough clearance room for city street driving.

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob,
Everything looks great. You da man

I have not seen Riceburner lately. I take it he's keeping busy?

Later... Got to go work on that wiring...

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

The WCF springs and coilovers lowered the car about 1 1/2 inches in the back and about 1 inch in the front. I've got spacers in the front because originally the springs were too low and not enough clearance room for city street driving.

If you have 17s up front then my 18s are going to be even tighter to fit, but I can't run them with stock fenders anyway because they stick out 2 inches at the front. I'll have to use the stock little 15s for the time being until I get the time to do something about it.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by RCR:

Hi Rob,
Everything looks great. You da man

I have not seen Riceburner lately. I take it he's keeping busy?

Later... Got to go work on that wiring...

Bob

Yaa, I gotta take everything out first, my carpet smells old & musty, gotta change it & I'm re-doing some of the panels in red.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2008 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The GT wheels are too small for my 2" drop spindles so I threw in a pair of shorter springs instead. The springs didn't lower the car by much; I'd say it only made it level with the rear now, but it does make a huge difference. It'll look even meaner when I get the new spindles installed. My driveway is sloped so I turned the car around to make it look lower. The front sits just about right in the photo.

Before

After

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-30-2008).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2008 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks better. You say the 18" wheels in front wont fit with the stock fenders? are they too wide?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2008 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

Looks better. You say the 18" wheels in front wont fit with the stock fenders? are they too wide?

Porsche 8.5x18 front wheels are too wide for stock. Will have to do fender flares when I get a chance. In the mean time the stock GT wheels will have to do.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did some suspension cleaning before throwing the wheel tubs back in. It would be great if there was a drive-thru chassis wash that'll scrub down the whole underside for you.

Underside shot

x
Lower mounting flange

x
Lower brackets on the Formula are slightly shorter than the GT.

x
GT bracket installed

x
Formula wheel tub installed. A little trimming off the edge of the tub is required to fit inside the raised lip.

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing the night lights. This front end project is nearly finished. Just need to add a grill & do an alignment. I should also cut & buff the new paint as well. Next I'll throw in some coil-overs at the rear. It would be nice to have some better wheels that'll fit the stock body right now.
x

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 05-02-2008).]

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Been thinkin about what to do about my damaged rockers. Might try this Enzo like scoop set-up with a 355 touch. The door attachment will have to stick out, like on an Enzo, to be flush with the rockers. It'll be something like a cannard/air foil.
x

Nice tweak.

------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice tweak.

Yep, the door wings will be interesting to see. Will have to do some kind of diffuser attachement to the rear bumper to add some groundFX to the rear.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some finishing touches. Fabbed a batch of grills & finally mounted the grill onto the new nose. I like the Pontiac arrowhead on the grill; it cleans-up the valance & makes for easier washing.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooooh I can't wait. Mine will be very similar only it'll have the pegasus on the grille. I don't think enough can be said about the quality of your work.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy S*** I love it!! You my friend always amaze me!! You have me seriously thinking about what I should spend my Bush Bucks on..
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,

Did you get your suspension fixed? Are you coming to the Jet City Fiero's Arlington Picnic June 7th ?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070050.html

Would be great to see your new nose up close

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 05-13-2008).]

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see the 512 nose!! Great job!!

------------------
~Michael

Project IMSA Formula Coming Soon!
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Ooooh I can't wait. Mine will be very similar only it'll have the pegasus on the grille. I don't think enough can be said about the quality of your work.

Well, I'm still trying out different proceedures as I go to save time & to solve a couple of gelcoat related issues. My goal is to cut down hand lay-up time by 40% & have very little to zero gelcoat touch-up before shipping. I'm learning as I go.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Amida,

Did you get your suspension fixed? Are you coming to the Jet City Fiero's Arlington Picnic June 7th ?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070050.html

Would be great to see your new nose up close

Hey Steve, I did get the front springs in, will need to get an alignment done. While working on it I noticed that I was driving all this time with a serious toe-out setting; no wonder the tires looked scuffed. I'll try to get this car road worthy by picnic time.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by TRiAD:

Can't wait to see the 512 nose!! Great job!!

How long can you wait? I was thinking of doing something about my messed up side skirts & rear bumper, but ghtta take care of some interior work first.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fitted another Riceburner98 HVAC unit with new pushbuttons yesterday.
x

Any pics of the HVAC at night? Is there adjustment (high/low) dimmer switch?
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately it doesn't look any different at night... I intended to make the panel light up, but it's just so darned thin that there's not really any way to get even lighting in there. Then I was just going to make the knob indicators light up; getting an LED into the knobs wouldn't be a problem, but getting power to the LED would be. There's not enough room to have electrical wipers on the bottom of the knobs to contact the circuit boards, and thin wires would eventually just break off even if they could be fit. The OEM 355 panel is a good 1"+ thick, and is lit with a handfull of green-condomed light bulbs inside. To keep the center console low and still fit the HVAC panel in there it had to be 1/4" thick or so to clear the shifter mechanism... There are 2 green LEDs inside the panel, one lights up when the AC button (hidden under the panel, next to the STOP button) is pressed, the other turns on when the "Recirculate" button is pressed. They show up as little green dots through the surface of the panel. (It's black, but somewhat translucent)
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi-jack; Will it work in or near the stock location? Price?
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For everything including shipping in the US, it’s $300, assuming it’s a Fiero with factory AC. (Non AC cars need 2 more servos, so $340..) I’m waaay behind on orders right now, I build them in my spare time which has been pretty much nonexistent lately.

Don't know if price has changed but this is what he e-mailed me awhile ago.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-15-2008).]

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I really didn't want anything, or have anything witty to add. I just wanted to see these pictures again!!

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The hvac panel is very thin, for low profile consoles, but I imaging it can be mounted on the dash as well.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I hope I didn't ruin my new paint by doing this. I heard that epoxy is a great adhesive. we'll see.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock