Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LeviM:
that looks amazing.

I was just curious how it would look by adding a strake over the side moulding on the door. It's a more angular Notchie with a touch of Enzo in it. Thanks.

IP: Logged
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Here are a few more pics that I resized. For this nose I used a moulding of the GT fascia's bottom surface so the height of the wheel arch is the same as on the GT, but it is more parallel to the ground; not as slanted as on the GT. The wheel tubs are from my Formula which had the same side shape as the 355. I thought of using the GT tubs but it would have flatten the sides which would have been a problem because the 355 nose is rounded on the lower parts. Anyone with GT tubs can trim the edges down to fit. My car has way too much air underneath it, going to have to take care of that.

HC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats by far the best fitting f355 nose I've seen! Good job man! Can't wait to see more progress! Whats next?
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HC

691 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Here ya go, lowered and with 17" Corvette rims (I know the bolt pattern is off, but they look great! Modify the hubs!)

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Amida,

I'm just brainstorming at this point, but could you design an Audi R8 type interior for the Fiero? Or could you sketch one out when you have some spare time? (no rush obviously, I know you're ridiculously busy.)
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Hi Amida,

I'm just brainstorming at this point, but could you design an Audi R8 type interior for the Fiero? Or could you sketch one out when you have some spare time? (no rush obviously, I know you're ridiculously busy.)

R8 huh? I'll have to look at some photos I don't remember what an R8 interior looks like. What sort of projects are you doing on your ride?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by HC:

Here ya go, lowered and with 17" Corvette rims (I know the bolt pattern is off, but they look great! Modify the hubs!)

Sweet ! Nice lowering job HC. Much, much better now.
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok this maybe answered in this tread, if so forgive me. But are you going to be offering this bumper as a kit? If so when will one be available, and do you have pricing??

Thanks
-Chris
HappyFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HappyFieroSend a Private Message to HappyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks Great
I too would ike to hear the price But
I only need the top part
thanks
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HappyFiero:

Looks Great
I too would ike to hear the price But
I only need the top part
thanks

I've been asked that a few times before. After I ship a few noses & get established with some good feedback from happy recipents I may offer it later. At this point I'd really like to be certain that I'm not sending out crap.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

At this point I'd really like to be certain that I'm not sending out crap.

I don't see how that's even a remote posibility.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Ok this maybe answered in this tread, if so forgive me. But are you going to be offering this bumper as a kit? If so when will one be available, and do you have pricing??

Thanks
-Chris

I'm almost there, still working out things like best lay-up proceedures, material requirements, work hours, etc. I'd like to fabricate it as light as possible without being too flimsy. Having issues with gelcoating because of that. I started #002 last night with 32oz of gelcoat, but looks like it's still not enough due to a little alligatoring. So, looks like I'll bump it up to 40oz on the next one. It can be smoothed out with glazing putty, but it's just extra work that's un-necessary. Now if I can vacuum bag it with carbon fiber that would be crazy. Ofcourse I know I'll have to charge at least us$1k for that one.
x

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by HC:

Hey HC, or someone, Can you PS an 18" or 19" on that to see how that would look ? Thanks.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by whadeduck:

I don't see how that's even a remote posibility.

Well, I'm pretty comfortable at doing interiors now, but being that this is my first exterior body panel it is a different learning curve for sure. One would think that starting off small would be the best way, but I guess I was asleep when they taught that lesson in class.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Came out nice.

What do you plan on doing with the rear bumper? Should I hold off on my paint job
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks great !
I am doing the same thing only my nose is 2" wider to cover the front tires and I made fiberglass front fenders
and added 1" to each. it is a slow go but it looks great.
I love your thread and the car looks great.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HC

691 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Came out better than I initially thought. I'm just calculating the measurements, but damn thats hot!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Came out nice.
What do you plan on doing with the rear bumper? Should I hold off on my paint job

Great color change.
Well, I have only pondered the thought of a new rear bumper, but the front, IMO, needed more attention. I actually like the GT rear. If anything I would shave down the rear pad and maybe do something about the recessed reflectors.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-27-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by whodeanie:

It looks great !
I am doing the same thing only my nose is 2" wider to cover the front tires and I made fiberglass front fenders
and added 1" to each. it is a slow go but it looks great.
I love your thread and the car looks great.

Cool, a widebody. If I get the time I'd like to try doing fender flares. Have fun doing the mod, It was quite the lengthy task for me & a learning experience It wasn't as straight forward as I'd originally thought.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by HC:

Sweeeeet! Looks like 19". I'll see if I can get some paint on it over the weekend.
PFF
System Bot
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know you upgraded the brakes too!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HC:

I didn't know you upgraded the brakes too!

I saw that. Very nice! I finally got a reply from FieroAddiction about '88 brakes. Geez It only took 6 weeks. I guess there's a new 13" kit in the works.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
New parts, new tooling, new equipment, new proceedures. What are the chances of having a reject?..........That's a 100% Laminating resin just chewed away at my fresh gelcoat........... REJECT !
x

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R8 huh? I'll have to look at some photos I don't remember what an R8 interior looks like. What sort of projects are you doing on your ride?

Don't want to take this too far off topic though.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New parts, new tooling, new equipment, new proceedures. What are the chances of having a reject?..........That's a 100% Laminating resin just chewed away at my fresh gelcoat........... REJECT !
x

If I wanted a 355 bumper I'd be begging for that one even with it flaws since my body guy is myself and it woud be fixed in under 30 min, but I want the 512 bumper.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

If I wanted a 355 bumper I'd be begging for that one even with it flaws since my body guy is myself and it woud be fixed in under 30 min, but I want the 512 bumper.

JM, I abandoned that one as soon as I saw the problem. It's so thin that it probably would collapse if my cat jumped on it. Are you in the autobody field?
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of. I went to a community college and learned allot of working with sheet metal, then after that I got a job in a hotrod shop where I did allot of fiberglassing before I quite. Now I clean pools.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't want to take this too far off topic though.

Cool interior. Keep an eye on Ebay, you may find a wrecked & parting R8. That's probably the most economical way to do it. Design work & tooling a new interior like that from scratch will require a substantial amount work hours & alot of loose $change$ to create.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool interior. Keep an eye on Ebay, you may find a wrecked & parting R8. That's probably the most economical way to do it. Design work & tooling a new interior like that from scratch will require a substantial amount work hours & alot of loose $change$ to create.

Unfortunately you're right. This interior would be very expensive. I'm sure even the junk yard R8 - if there is such a thing would probably expensive. I've noticed how expensive Lambo interiors from wrecked cars are, I have no reason to believe that this Audi interior will be any cheaper.

How about a custom interior with an Amida touch, inspired by the Audi interior, Gallardo interior, Aston Martin Vanquish, and Fiero. Maybe even with touches of this one: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064396.html <--- I call this the "white unicorn" interior, as it is just about as elusive to track down, and just about as rare.

When you ever have some spare time, I'd love to see sketches you come up with for the above interior.

Your interiors are just gorgeous. I'd dare to say, better than the real thing.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Kind of. I went to a community college and learned allot of working with sheet metal, then after that I got a job in a hotrod shop where I did allot of fiberglassing before I quite. Now I clean pools.

I don't blame you for quiting fiberglass work. I REALLY don't like working with polyester resins with all the solvent vapors around my face all day, and the glass dust created from all the grinding is aweful. I just built a better ventilation system which will help some, and I'm thinking of building a vacuum table as well. If paper mache was a proven building material I would switch to it in a heartbeat .

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Unfortunately you're right. This interior would be very expensive. I'm sure even the junk yard R8 - if there is such a thing would probably expensive. I've noticed how expensive Lambo interiors from wrecked cars are, I have no reason to believe that this Audi interior will be any cheaper.
Your interiors are just gorgeous. I'd dare to say, better than the real thing.

Perhaps you'll be interested in my next Fi360 interior. My interiors were intended for Fiero based replicas, but luckily the 308/355/360 type bodies don't require any changes to the Fiero interior cabin, unlike Lambo replicas which do involve considerable interior mods. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, here's one in grey gelcoat just out of the mould & trimmed for a test fit. It's a good fit. But, It's really tough working when it's 33' F. outdoors. It snowed over the weekend. Love my kerosene heater.
x

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooo, oo! Me, me. Pick me! Maybe I'll have better luck with this than I do with electronics.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 03-31-2008).]

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, here's one in grey gelcoat just out of the mould & trimmed for a test fit. It's a good fit. But, It's really tough working when it's 33' F. outdoors. It snowed over the weekend. Love my kerosene heater.

Nice work Rob - it will warm up soon
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Rob...Did I ever mention "Amazing"?

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Nice work Rob - it will warm up soon

Thanks Bob. Designwork on this project is now complete. I didn't plan for it to take this long, but it's done now & I'm switching mental gears back to interior work including your F40. I think I understand now why John at AD doesn't do 360 bumpers; it's ALOT of work.
x
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Ooo, oo! Me, me. Pick me! Maybe I'll have better luck with this than I do with electronics.

Unless you drop a engine block on it I think you're safe. But, I do recommend getting a helper when installing especially if you do a panel-off paint job.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by RCR:

Wow, Rob...Did I ever mention "Amazing"?

Bob

Hey Bob, Is your interior all done now? Thanks.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow man, thats awesome!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock