Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2007 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Things are really chilly outside, it's near freezing. Trying to do more work indoors now. Here's a cool line up of Fi355 console panels, I painted the silver set for my own Formula 88.

Which one of these is mine?

Humm lookin good! Like always!

------------------

NorthStar Powered

IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2007 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Which one of these is mine?

Humm lookin good! Like always!

The one on the left I see on your thread that you're going with a creme color. Black/creme would be a nice combo.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When do you expect the console to be shipped out?

* Yeah the interior is going tan / black with quite a few polished accents. Should look awesome with the console.. haha

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 12-22-2007).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

x
Here the cover for the upper dash is being pre-fitted before glueing. A layer of foam padding gets applied next.

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Rob, how about this for your next interior

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2007 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

I can honestly say that I have never seen that one before. I see a bull on the steering wheel so it must be an earlier Lambo. Looks like miles of stitching too.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2007 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i hadn't seen it before Archie's Miura thread. The pics are a stock lambo Miura interior. The inner console where the guages mount resembles the 1968-era corvettes and i bet the line-of-sight out of the car over the speedo and tach is Really nice .

Archie's build thread = //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/088109.html

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 12-31-2007).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

'
'
Last 355 dash post for 2007. A layer of foam padding is applied to the upper dash before covering. Happy New Year !

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2008 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

x
Maybe a '69 Vette interior would work in that Lambo. It definitely has a resemblance.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Upper 355 dash with padding & upholstery ready for assembly.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2008 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Partial assembly of the dash showing ductwork, passenger side lid & new Ferrari center air outlet.

PFF
System Bot
HI-TECH

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG.. that dash is SOOOOOO freakin clean!!!! i want one ... how much and where did you get it?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

OMG.. that dash is SOOOOOO freakin clean!!!! i want one ... how much and where did you get it?

It's created from scratch in my little shop at home. This dash is almost finished. It'll soon make it's way across the USA to a new home.

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wooow. I'd shore like to see one of those purdy things up close.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Wooow. I'd shore like to see one of those purdy things up close.

Things have been pretty quiet on that Ferrario thread.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Things have been pretty quiet on that Ferrario thread.

Yeah what the heck there wade! Get Crackin!
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta stop workin' twenty hour days first. I'm really hoping to get a chance to get something done on it this weekend.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Gotta stop workin' twenty hour days first. I'm really hoping to get a chance to get something done on it this weekend.

Wow 20 hour days. I thought I was overworked. You must be making mucho overtime pay .
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Can someone tell me if the door skins on GTs are the same as non GTs/Formulas? Do the GT ground effects just bolt on? Thanks.
/

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can someone tell me if the door skins on GTs are the same as non GTs/Formulas? Do the GT ground effects just bolt on? Thanks.
/

84 skins are different on how they actually mount to the door. They don't have lips at the top.
85-88 skins are the same. 85-88 non aero skins do not have the holes or brackets to hold the steel strip behind the Ground effects.

The rear rockers (lower 1/4's) do not have the holes again for the strips, or the slits for the skirt to attach to it.

All of your parts (non-aero) can be adapted for the Aero kit, but its quite a bit of extra work that really isn't needed IMO. And pointless on an 84 door, just use an 85+ door if its an 84.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 01-04-2008).]

Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The doorskins are all the same except for the 84's. The ground effects rivet/speednut to the regular skins. the ground effect doorskins have holes in them for this. These holse can be drilled in the non ground effect skins.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I cannot find the body ID plate anywhere in the front compartment. All I can find is a sticker on the wheel tub. Can someone tell me where it is specifically? It's an '88 Formula . Thanks.

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did a quick trial fit this morning. Not a bad fit for just setting it in place without screws.

Happy 2008 Amida! Great interior work. I don't know if there's a better interior craftsman out there!
How's your progress on the front spoiler? My LS4 swap is in it's final stages, and I'm starting to plan out
my intended exterior work. I love the principle you've established to keep it looking like a Fiero, only modernized.
So I'm anxious and excited to see some of your drawings come to life!

blkcofy
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

Happy 2008 Amida! Great interior work. I don't know if there's a better interior craftsman out there!
How's your progress on the front spoiler? My LS4 swap is in it's final stages, and I'm starting to plan out
my intended exterior work. I love the principle you've established to keep it looking like a Fiero, only modernized.
So I'm anxious and excited to see some of your drawings come to life!

blkcofy

Well, there's a lot of talent on this forum besides me. Spoiler? I'm working on my version of the 355 nose if that's what you mean. I'll probaby be done with the tooling by the end of this month. I was thinkin of mocking-up Enzo type side intakes on my Formula to see how good/bad it'll look.

Thanks & Happynewyear !

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-10-2008).]

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i wanna come see this stuff sometime. I like it alot

------------------
S.W.A.T.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The one on the left I see on your thread that you're going with a creme color. Black/creme would be a nice combo.

My dream color combo for an Interior.
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any idea on the price of the 355 nose? Please save my email and let me know when you have them available. Thanks, jackcastro2000@hotmail.com
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jackcastro:

Do you have any idea on the price of the 355 nose? Please save my email and let me know when you have them available. Thanks, jackcastro2000@hotmail.com

I haven't quite priced it out yet, but I'm hoping I can keep it under $550. I've decided to go ahead with the two piece nose. I'll have a better idea when I do a time trial on how long it takes to make. Thank, Rob

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-11-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Working on the nose again.

The Fiero GT lower surface profile is now grafted onto the Fi355 nose which will retain the use of the stock lower mounts. You can see here how long the GT aero fascia is compared to the 355.

Today is the first day that the sun has come out in quite a long time. It seems like it has rained almost every day for the past month or so. Started to smooth out the nose this week. Did a mockup today to see how it looks with one of my wheels...not too bad. Will be block sanding quite a bit for the next several days to get it ready for primer.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rain? In Seattle? How odd. Nose is looking great. You sir, are a great asset to the Fiero community.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You think that looks good? Wait till you see some of the cooler color combinations.. To die for..

The Miura is the only car in history that can pull off the craziest color combinations and still look cool..*

-M

____
*IMHO
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An interior for this Lambo would probably have to be a one-off. That one that's being built on a Fiero chassis at Archie's must be a one of a kind.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a glimps of the next dash project for a Fiero or replica 360. Giving new life to a wrecked exotic. After trimming 5.5" from the front edge this is how it sits. I'd say the fit isn't too different. Will need to trim about 4" from total width to seat properly, but it's a good start.

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

LOOKIN fabtastic Amida. Your using an OEM dash to make the molds? Is that what you did for the 355?

edit to add: Will be interesting to see the center console,
------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 01-19-2008).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

An interior for this Lambo would probably have to be a one-off. That one that's being built on a Fiero chassis at Archie's must be a one of a kind.

I was thinking that guys with fieros without body kits would be buyers too. Wow - the new one looks fantastic

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-19-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

LOOKIN fabtastic Amida. Your using an OEM dash to make the molds? Is that what you did for the 355?

Well, the Fi355 interior was actually all modeled from scratch out of foam, cardboard, wood, glue & bondo. Since I didn't have an original available to study I guestimated all the lines & proportions just from viewing photos & video. For the Fi360 interior I'll be sacrificing a factory interior to hopefully save time in the modification process. As before the central fuel tunnel presents a design challenge for the console layout. Thanks.

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW, you are truely amazing man, come on, you need a demo car out in the midwest... send me a free interior! I'll send you a 84 fiero in return. What rims are on that formula? I like them, they look HUGE but can't be more than what 18" in reality.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

WOW, you are truely amazing man, come on, you need a demo car out in the midwest... send me a free interior! I'll send you a 84 fiero in return. What rims are on that formula? I like them, they look HUGE but can't be more than what 18" in reality.

This one's in Kentucky if that's considered Midwest. My rims are Cromadora 18" for my 355 kit.

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kentucky is the south west
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2008 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drew another idea for my Formula, this time a little more closer to stock but still with a 3" stretch & bigger wheels.
x

x
Stock
x

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock