Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259429 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is just an idea I had for a long wheel base Fiero. The photo of the Fiero is one that I found on this forum and then ran it through Photodeluxe for modifications. It's still a work in progress, but the extra length gives the Fiero a whole new look. Next I'll try curving the windshield, and the roof needs to be lowered at the rear to give a more tear drop look. Any thoughts?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is another idea for the notchback. It's a 3" cradle shift with modified body line & curved windshield. The nose is actually a panel that I'm currently working at re-designing afterwhich I'll produce in fiberglass.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's nice, but if I were going to stretch a Fiero I would stretch it enough to make a 4 seater.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stretch looks good in profile....but......

You end up with the chassis geometry so changed that you have serious handling issues. The balance of the car is completely changed with increased rear end bias. Good for straight line but a problem for maneuvering. Just my .02

Arn

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been done many times for kit cars, and twice that I can recall on fieros. Do a search for Bubba Joe (I believe), he stretched his car like that, dropped in a big motor, a porshe transaxle and a big rear end .

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It's nice, but if I were going to stretch a Fiero I would stretch it enough to make a 4 seater.

BLASPHEMY!

Amida, that's pretty nice but I think it has a loooong nose which was long enough to begin with

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 02-11-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The length of the nose is actually still stock Fiero, but I did remove the IROC type rake at the very front and lower the bottom edge.
Automoda

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've posted this before but why not again. The subject is perfect for it....

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

[This message has been edited by Automoda (edited 02-11-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Automoda:

Wow! Very nice. Is there more info on the forum for that car?

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Wow! Very nice. Is there more info on the forum for that car?

photoshopped

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I suppose with the added wheelbase that a couple of mini seats could fit.

PFF
System Bot
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Automoda:

o wow... i like that alot..fiero lambo hybred hehehe {/evil thoughts]

[This message has been edited by HI-TECH (edited 02-12-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On this 2nd version the car has a wide track. The fenders are curved & widened w/ hot air opening at rear edge. Rear 1/4 glass reduced & notched like a GT.

Ancaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AncasterSend a Private Message to AncasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

to me it needed more Apillar to front fender and rear fascia need some length then the itself strecthed to match

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey now that is starting to look pretty exotic. It reminds me of that one BMW model; can't remember which number.
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ancaster:

to me it needed more Apillar to front fender and rear fascia need some length then the itself strecthed to match

back end kinda reminds me of a supra/240 kinda thing

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything looks better with a choptop, and targa.

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starting to look like a Corvette..
timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

On this 2nd version the car has a wide track. The fenders are curved & widened w/ hot air opening at rear edge. Rear 1/4 glass reduced & notched like a GT.

The very front looks nice with the nose slanting down more; I'd vote for keeping the lines the same between the front wheels and the windshield, though. Really like the ideas for the back (notchy too!). Don't stop now—this is neat!

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a notchback coupe with a 3" cradle shift. Body lines modified to incorporate Cadillac XLR lighting system.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is what I had in mind for the coupe from my previous drawing. It's a stock '85GT with some bodyline modifications. In addition the drivetrain/cradle is shifted 3" back and a new curved windshield is added. My design goal is to give it a slightly modified look while maintaining a stock factory appearance.

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally I'd say the rear looks a little funny now.. maybe if you lengthened the rear bumper a few more inches it would look about right.. and you missed the tail lights :P.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a factory prototype of a 4 seater. It was at the 20th Anniverary show. It was also silver. I would have bought one for sure. I dont have the pics anymore, but sure someone here has one.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be interesting to see. Hopefully someone can post some pics.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Personally I'd say the rear looks a little funny now.. maybe if you lengthened the rear bumper a few more inches it would look about right.. and you missed the tail lights :P.

It does look funny. This time I put the stock rear bumper pad back in the photo. Not bad.

Asterix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsterixClick Here to visit Asterix's HomePageSend a Private Message to AsterixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two more photos of my model built in 1989 of '85 GT 4-seater.

No Photoshop involved.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's cool. It reminds me of a Ferrari 400i, or a stretch limo.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by timwdegner:

The very front looks nice with the nose slanting down more; I'd vote for keeping the lines the same between the front wheels and the windshield, though. Really like the ideas for the back (notchy too!). Don't stop now—this is neat!

Continuing on the fastback I removed the hot air outlets behind the front wheels, and lowered the back of the roof for a more teardrop shape. Reshaped the rear QTR glass to more resemble the stock Fiero glass. Does this need a rear wing also?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-27-2006).]

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm So many possibilities with that stretch.

An aluminum 2.7L dohc engine and transmission out of an Dodge Intrepid would be cool in there, twin turbos. Its a longitudinal engine/trani combo which is also FWD, would fit perfectly. Would also be perfectly centered in the engine bay and wouldn't hurt the weight bias one bit.

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately you would have the cronic tranny and engine mount problems found in the dodge applications, lol.
As far as a stretched Fiero, I took this pic last summer of a stretched and slammed 88 GT

ugh I cant get it to upload, ill post it later

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My intrepid has 130k miles on it, no trani or mount problems. My 3600lb intrepid used to wax my 2.8 fiero from a 40mph roll. The fiero being 1000lbs less would mean less stress on the transmission, until you turbocharge it.
PFF
System Bot
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working at NTB I saw a lot of dodges longitudinal FWD cars, almost all of them with any miles on the had bad or loose engine and tranny mounts. I always thought the whole idea was kind of retarded, when you hit the gas, the engine torques to the side and the tranny torques to the front, throwing stress on the mounts from all angles. Nor could I ever figure out what advanatge this setup has. Seems to me it has even more power loss because the power has to change directions, a *90 gear angle takes more power to turn then a straight angle.

But anyway, heres the pic

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since the engine is directly bolted to the trani there is no twisting forces at all. The only forces are those applied from the trani to the axels, just like a fiero. Since it has equal length axels, there are even less forces being applied than in a fiero. You are correct about the parasitic loss though, you do loose some efficiency transfering the power 90*.

You only get twisting forces when you have a driveshaft. Some newer cars such as the corvette have a solid shaft around the driveshaft that is directly bolted to the motor and trani which is at the rear of the car. This neutralizes any twisting forces on the frame.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A transverse drivetrain in a FWD layout? I wonder if a 3800sc could be mounted to this tranny.
I have a stock '88 Formula that I'm thinking of modifying. l'll probably start with the stock wheel base ideas in the above image. Modified rear qtr panels, upper door panels, & front nose. Also, replace windshield with more rounded piece & shortened bonnet.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know someone has pics of the 4 seater factory car or at least Wallenburgs book to scan a pic from.....I know it was there because me n Lisa sat in the back seats at the 20th.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 02-28-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am surprised no one posted this already.... Sorry I am late Mr. Garrison. Naturally I would question where Mr. Hat was, but that would be rude :P.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's pretty cool. Great work on the body lines. Any pics of the interior?
liltobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liltobeSend a Private Message to liltobeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pics of the 4 seater prototype...from the 20th...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20031110-1-031637.html

awesome photoshopping guys, i like the idea of the cadillac headlights and tail lights, got any front or rear photoshops of those?
so far your designs look like a testarossa from the side, nice and sharp

keep it up! hope the link works

------------------

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks liltobe, I know you didn't 'actually' ask for a signature, but I had a minute.

Consider yourself PM'd.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks. I'm still working on the XLR version; will post drawings when I have something. But I am working on a design buck for a new GTP replacement front fascia. It's similar to the one in this photo but without the Sunfire headlights and it's for the stock Fiero.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock