Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12008 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
mad dad matt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So are you looking for a set of each to form the mold?
IP: Logged
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be using my GT lenses. He said they will not be damaged but if I could get and extra set of each I would feel better than risking mine.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a spare set of notchy tail lights.I could use a new set for my gt if you get them into production.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2017 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He said that he is not sure about the resin damaging the plastic lenses. I don't know the complete process to make the mold but I did find a set of cracked notchy lenses today and will start with them first. I will hopefully come across a set of GT lenses or a way to protect mine.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 01-29-2017).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2017 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been advised that there will be a Route 66 cruise coming to STL 10/6-7. I don't have many details. Apparently being put on by KCFOG, and lots of Fieros planned to attend.

Anyone interested?
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2017 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I have been advised that there will be a Route 66 cruise coming to STL 10/6-7. I don't have many details. Apparently being put on by KCFOG, and lots of Fieros planned to attend.

Anyone interested?

Yes. Please keep us posted on the cruise
Edit:
I just remembered I'm going to be out of town

[This message has been edited by notwohorns (edited 08-11-2017).]

mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see some life in the forum.If you get any info or links pass them on.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, we need to do more. There are a lot of Fieros around. The thing is, getting the ball rolling. Let's see how many responses we get for this. I hope we can get at least 5 people in this area to attend.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read about this cruise. They are starting in KC (or near), staying Sat. night half way, Then ending up is St. Louis. Sounds like fun. Too bad I'll be out of town that weakend
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of you that like to travel a little, two great shows coming up pretty soon.

Heartland Fieros Sept 2nd in Davenport Iowa:

And Fierorama 22 in St. Charles IL Sept 8 - 10 (show on the 10th).

more info at FieroFocus.com
eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys I wanted to let you know the Route 66 cruise is being put on by the Kansas City Fiero Owner Group.

A little more info, and feel free to ask any questions or I can email out the itinerary:

It starts in Baxter Springs, KS Friday October 6th at 11:00, us from KC are leaving around 9:00am from up here.
We are eating lunch in Carthage, MO.
We make it to Cuba, Mo around 7 for dinner and to spend the night at The Wagon Wheel Inn, not sure if there are any rooms left but there are other places to stay close
We leave Cuba around 9:30 on the 7th with a few stops along the way.
We end up in St Louis around 12:45 for lunch then custard at Ted Drewes and hopefully to visit with some locals

We would love to have anybody and everybody join for the whole trip or even part of the trip, but most of all, if you can't do the drive, we would love to meet up with you guys and talk fieros that afternoon

Chris
KCFOG President
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Ted Drewes at Chippewa and Jameison? Route 66, and all.

Be careful getting in and out of the parking lot.

I may be able to attend, but probably not with my Fiero.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. That was the last I heard about this. I've been trying to reach Chris and some others to get further details, but not received a reply.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
I haven't received any replies to emails or PMs at this point. Well, I decided to try to intercept the group. For those not familiar with the area, Route 66 isn't just a road you can find and drive; there are somewhat disjointed bits and pieces that were incorporated into other roads. It isn't as if I could just wait along the route, therefore. Different people have different ideas of Route 66. For example, a while back, there were a bunch of solar cars that ran along I-70 for their "Route 66 Tour”, although Route 66 was actually more than 15 miles South, generally along I-44.

Believing that the group would be in St. Louis around 12:45, I waited on a bridge over what I believed would be their route. After a while, I tried calling again. No answer. Believing I was still ahead of the group, I headed West about 16 miles, and waited at an entrance ramp. I tried calling again. This time I reached Chris, who said there had been car trouble, and something about a delay in Cuba, and going back to get the rest of the group, but that they should be along, just behind schedule, and would be at the wax museum in Stanton. So, I said I'd meet them there, which was good, because they never made it East of Stanton. I got to Stanton about 12:15pm. They arrived at 12:55pm. After the wax museum, we went South to eat beside the Meramec River. After lunch, the decision was made for the group to turn around. Thus, the group never made it to St. Louis for Ted Drewes.

Round trip, I drove 231 miles. The day started out overcast, then rained, but was sunny for the drive home. The Meramec River was beautiful.

I enjoyed meeting the group, which represented 4 states: Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Arkansas.

Larry's black Mera looked really good (I ended up following him for a while). It has a 4.9, is lowered, and has a faux Ferarri interior. It LOOKS like a Ferrari. Actually, his was the car I saw first, and I had to do a double-take to see if it really was a Ferarri. I saw the other Fieros later.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 10-08-2017).]

Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all, I've been absent a while, between school and work I've been very busy. Over the summer my family moved to Kansas City. Disappointed I just missed this cruise! Would've been a perfect route for me to tag along with! My Fiero is still in Quincy as of now at my moms temporary apartment (sister wanted to finish high school before moving to KC) but I've been wanting to get it down here before winter settles in.

I've been waffling back and forth between selling her, I've had it listed at $5,000 and lowered to $4,500 but hasn't garnered nearly any attention. Maybe it's not worth that, but it's not worth less than $4,000 to me and with how much I love it, I'd rather keep it than sell it for any less. So with that being said I'm hoping to spend some more time on it over the next few months and get a little more involved with the STL Fiero community. The longer it sits on the Craigslist ads the more I'm urging to just keep it and explore some new modifications I could possibly tackle rather than just letting her sit collecting dust waiting for a potential buyer.

I'm hoping to get the car down here sometime over the next couple weeks, just needing to find a way back to Quincy with someone so I can bring the car down. She's also sitting on expired plates right now so I'll have to deal with that as well. Hoping to get in on some of the action here soon though! Regards!
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear from you.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2017 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately haven't been able to bring the car down. Probably won't now until after the winter. I don't have a garage space at my rental property and the two cars there now between my roommate and myself takes up the carport space. Right now it's being stored at a friends property inside so better that than street parking down here.

However, I did bring back a box of some miscellaneous interior parts from when I did my interior swap last year. Not much, unfortunately had to dispose of the larger trim pieces and dash during the move, but I do have a 120mph speedo and the rally gauges from the donor car. Thought I'd post them here as I'd much prefer selling them locally than having to ship but if no bites I'll post them in the mall. If anyone is interested let me know! I'm not exactly sure how much they're worth, I've seen them going in the 50-75 dollar range in the mall in the past, so I'd like to get $50 for the speedo if that sounds fair to anyone, but open to offers. Hope everyone is well and have enjoy the holiday season!
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably Wednesday will finally get to touch my car. Of course I will have to skip Thursday but my plan is to have it ready for paint by Sunday. The shop will probably sell soon and I need to get this car done before I lose the space.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long time, no see, Lorne! I'm glad you're making progress, and hope to see you and your Fiero again soon.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Life keeps getting in the way as it did today. No plans to give up but just disappointed that I don’t get time to work on the car. Friday is going to happen, so if anyone wants to come by let me know.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2017 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could, but time (or a lack thereof) gets in my way.
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2017 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only got to work on it a couple of hours but hey it’s better than nothing. Plan is to at least double the time this weekend and start loading up stuff to move it home.

This heartland Fiero banner above it too big. It makes reading this thread a pain.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 11-30-2017).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2017 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to see it soon.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you doing to your car that you needed a trailer?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2017 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone aware of any U-Pull-It types yards that have any Fiero's in the St Louis area?
Or anyone parting out a Fiero with good prices in the St Louis area?
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2017 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pick-N-pull and speedway salvage had some parts cars.You can call them to check before you drive out.What parts are you looking for?
tampalinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2017 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a hood and headlight assemblies.
Hood is damaged and want to go from Munson lights back to pop-ups.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2017 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
head light assembly should not be to hard to find.Think I paid $10-$20 at speedway for everything headlight related last time.The hood is a different story.I swear they come from the factory with the front center edge smashed and road rash on the top of there nose! Debating if you should upgrade the brakes?walk through a junkyard looking at the front ends.

Pick -n-pull will give you the price and inventory over he phone but charge more and less likely to have the parts.Conversation at Speedway, they will say we have fieros that way if you want to look.Price?eeeyyyaaa 30..?walk back with the part......uhhh ...??..$10 bucks? Speedway has a bigger inventory,more entertaining,and home of the dirt cheap impulse buy.lol.

I don't know why you need a new hood,but I can never find any decent hoods. I know someone will say they read this is a bad idea"it won't bond", but you can use fiberglass to repair the hood.As a temporary fix, from the middle of my headlight holes forward on my notchy is all layered in fiberglass cloth and jell coated.That part of the hood was in a box, in the trunk when i bought the car.4 years latter now not a single stress crack or any sighs of a weak bond.
deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2018 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one has posted to this since last year. Just wondering if there is actually a St. Louis Fiero club or not. If there is, do you get together?
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2018 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It took me a few to remember my password. Combination of first coffee,4 hours of sleep and you are right haven't posted on here in some time.As far as meeting up, This group has only been "organized" for a year or two I think.I'm one one of the newer members. As you can see in the thread we make plans to meet up but life or weather gets in the way.Local group is great for sourcing parts. If you get stuck on a project there are several guys on here that would find time to lend a hand.So far this year I haven't looked at my gt with a wrench in my hand.My notch back got new motor mounts and AC recharged. Hosed it off in the spring but haven't even given it a real bath.
Some of the other guys should chime in soon.If not we will get the cadaver dogs and start a search party.
What part of st louis are you in?
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't seen notwohorns or LornesGT post for a bit. It's been a long time since LorenBateman has posted. Pilgrim88 and rodrieguz haven't posted in years. Markkrug and R Runner moved. Johnnyrottin is...somewhere. Davylong86 hasn't posted for a bit, either. Drewpy is very busy.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 06-28-2018).]

notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here. Just haven't been very active. Glad to see you're still here
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the site every day but rarely post. All kinds of family health issue keep me from trying to get the “group” together. My car is at my house for a year now. Setting in the garage so I can dream as I walk past it. Primed, well most of it, new carpet on one side, prosource windows, and still plenty to do to it. Engine still hit on first try, just had it out in the drive last weekend going froom, froom, froom( I have no idea on how to spell that word).
Family health issue may keep me from the 35th, the car from making it for sure. I may drive up for a day.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

I'm still here. Just haven't been very active. Glad to see you're still here

Glad you're still here. I was going to call you, if I didn't see you post.

Lorne, I hope the health issues get worked out soon.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still trying to scrub the stench of lawyers off of me. Finally got my divorce and child custody finalized last week. Separated for 15 years and sill took 8 months to process the divorce because she is now in Chicago .Business is consuming all my time and lawyer consuming all my money.
Lorne what is prosourceing windows?I have some spare side glass and allot of interior parts.I still need a new windshield eventual if anyone stumbles on one in there travels.Minor crack in my project car.
Hope everything works out well with your family lorne.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2018 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Link for windows. I think my passenger side is this same window that I removed. I was afraid it wouldn’t match the new drivers but it does perfectly. If any of you are interested I tried to sell it in the mall for cheap but no takers. I also have wheels with tires (older) but not cracked or dried at all. I hate to throw this stuff away but I don’t want to store it much longer.
It’s a shame we have to spend so much for lawyers and never feel satisfied.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098144.html
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cross posted to y’alls FB page... regarding the 35th show.

You’ve got some southern cousins coming into town on Monday 6th... gonna do some touristy things like the RT-66 Museum and Bigfoot HQ outside of town (or join us Sunday in Branson)... Tuesday gonna do the Arch and Anheuser-Busch. Feel free to join in or meet us for supper somewhere...

If you are mostly just interested in the cruise to Peoria on Wednesday 8th... the loose plans at this point have us looking at a noon ferry crossing at Grafton, just north of Saint Charles MO. We would follow the Illinois River on state-100 most of the way.
If you don’t want to do the ferry ($8)... I think we know someone that wants to join us in Hardin.

------------------

<---- did you buy Cliff a beer? ...............
@NorthTexasFiero , friend us on FB: North Texas Fieros , www.northtexasfieroclub.org

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still roaming around St.Louis, and the Fiero still needs many parts bought that are not yet installed, but still running strong at 710000. Lots of family first things going on the last few years but I will find time to getterdone.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you guys going to the 35th?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock