Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12030 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
Dylpro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm starting university this year and will be attending Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. I'm excited to be closer to the St. Louis crowd in general and even more excited for Fiero bunch around St. Louis. At this time I'm debating on bringing my car down with me. It's been a great daily driver while I'm at home but I don't know if I want to be bringing it back and forth to school and home and racking up some unnecessary mileage.

I've considered bringing it down and keeping it on campus in case I ever want it to go to the city but probably wouldn't drive it home. My roommate is my best friend from our town now so I can always go back with him if I need to. Hopefully as I see shows advertised I can make the short trip and begin meeting other Fiero owners! My car needs some work but I've loved it every day since I first got it. Getting new tires, rotors, and pads before leaving on the 18th for move in day.
IP: Logged
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't worry about the mileage. I would be concerned with parking and vandalism.

I've been driving mine to work in good weather. This adds about 250 miles a week, but I don't get to drive it much, otherwise. Of course, sometimes it just isn't big enough. I can put 1500 pounds of stuff in my truck, but not my Fiero.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
As you know I am deployed and a big problem popped up on the homefront. Daughters Explorer went T.U. on her. Making some large clanking sounds. Any good engine guys available to go take a look for me? I'm busy kicking ISIS's ass!
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not to bad with engines but only within the last 3 years. I can look at it Sunday.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a 96 4x4 with a 4.0,, ive had it @4yrs i can look at it Wed or Thur,

[This message has been edited by LorenBateman (edited 08-20-2016).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking that Explorer is like a 2001-2005 model. Just guessing. It may be different from the one I remember. The problem is, you can't take your shop along to look at it. Between you two, you should get somewhere on it.
eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, since you are fairly close to us over here in the KC area, wanted to let you know we are doing a BBQ September 17th at my shop. Food will be provided, but please bring your own drinks, we should have food here and ready to eat no later than noon, and around 2:30 we plan to drive out to a local spot that has a rather large weekly car show.

If anybody is interested, please shoot me an email chris@thefierofarm.com and I will get you address and more info!

RSVP is appreciated, but please feel welcome no matter what
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I go to KC quite a bit and will be there this week but my wife's birthday is the 18th so I am out. Timing hasn't worked for me on any GTG yet.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drew said he goes to a show every year in Cottleville on the 11th or so of September. Maybe we could plan for then. Davy, Drew, you, Loren, maybe a few others, but yeah, schedules are difficult.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't check pm today so I missed Johnyrottins request. I thought he might post here but didn't and this was the only place I checked.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any of you coming up for Fierorama weekend this year? We have a great time planned. Cruise night Friday. A private tour of one of the largest collections of Micro-cars in the world. Sunday the big show, the 21st Annual Fierorama show. Sept 9th-11th.
PFF
System Bot
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoke with Rottin's better-half and someone local helped out, Thinking it may be the belt tensioner, Was going to make the trip tomorrow to look. would have been a decent little trip for my 88, But i have taken it to work the past couple of days and it seems to be running pretty good, Still have a smallish oil leak from the distributor (have Rodney Dickman O-ring on hand, not installed) so wooo-hooo!!!!. I'm Back on the road
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LorenBateman:

Spoke with Rottin's better-half and someone local helped out, Thinking it may be the belt tensioner, Was going to make the trip tomorrow to look. would have been a decent little trip for my 88, But i have taken it to work the past couple of days and it seems to be running pretty good, Still have a smallish oil leak from the distributor (have Rodney Dickman O-ring on hand, not installed) so wooo-hooo!!!!. I'm Back on the road

Glad to her it's together and back on the road. Someday----someday we all might be able to get back together agaion
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be at the shop probably both Saturday and Sunday. Everyone is welcome. Pm me for an address if you don't have it. I am removing my paint and hoping to get epoxy primer on soon. I got to get it out of the shop as I need to get it sold.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2016 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're selling the shop--not the Fiero, right?
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2016 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correct
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2016 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody familiar with the dash cluster, may sent out for repair,, Heres the deal,, never really paid much attention the the service engine light, so i wanted to see if i had any codes,, turn the key to the on/run position and did not see it come on,, so i pulled the bulb and replaced it with a known good one and .....nope not working, now i've always had some dash gremlins and thought it may be a bad ground,, all grounds are good in the engine area but have not been behind the radio for that ground yet , but im thinking its probably good, maybe my next endeavor that will keep me off the rad next,,,lol
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2016 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
found my problem,, instrument cluster works perfectly now

[This message has been edited by LorenBateman (edited 08-27-2016).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2016 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have to tell us what the issue was. I searched to try and help you but ran out of time. I will be at the shop tomorrow around 9:00am
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2016 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
on the right side of the cluster at the bottom in the back, there is a rectangle wiring loom that was not plugged in all the way
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Code 33 Mas airflow sensor,, where can i get one boys, Chilton book says MAS Hays book says MAP

[This message has been edited by LorenBateman (edited 09-03-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I remeber correctly we only have a temp sensor in the intake so I would assume the map.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our 2.8 v6 don't have a mass airflow sensor. We do have a MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure sensor). It is located my the thermostat on the bracket that holds the cooler lines that go to the throttle body. That bracket is attached to the upper intake manifold
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2016 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep got that 33 taken care of ,,, now the dreaded 32 is coming up have new egr tube and valved,, pulling 12.4 volts at the solenoid
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2016 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2016 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

notwohorns

1175 posts
Member since Jul 2009

Originally posted by LorenBateman:

yep got that 33 taken care of ,,, now the dreaded 32 is coming up have new egr tube and valved,, pulling 12.4 volts at the solenoid

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045528.html
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2016 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you sir
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone going to the St. Charles Community College car show today? In the red lot, apparently.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume you figured it out but no, just to busy of a weekend.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't end up going, either. I was hoping to run into Drew there, but events conspired against me, and it was after 4:30 when I got in the area. The show ended at 4.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deloreanant:

Anyone in the StL area who knows how to glass well, willing to teach me?

This one of my busiest times of the year with work.I won't have any time off for the next few months but I can answer questions.Glass isn't hard.just takes time and a little knowledge.My 87 was shattered from the front wheels forward when I found it.Hopefully you are are not trying something as ambitious on your fist project with glass.What are you trying to do/fix?
Side note; I still don't get updates when people post on here.anyone know how to get email notice when new posts are,,,,,,,,well posted??I do get notices for PM s.

------------------
My bucket list runs on high octane....

PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you are signed in a subcribe button will be at the top of the thread you are reading. Your inbox has a preference button for your pm notice.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have herd hit subscribe in the past but couldn't find the button on this thread.Had to sign out,close the page ,google the sight ,sighn in, search for the thread.....now I have a subscribe button!!! computer gremlins.Thanks
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Removed some paint. Probably removed more than needed but I want to make sure the prep is the best. With no paint removal experience I could not tell where the original versus the top coat starts and ends.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 09-18-2016).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My understanding is that some of the panels have a coating under the paint, that you don't want to remove. I dunno how you'd avoid removing it, since it's very thin. I don't envy you the paint removel task. I had to remove paint from a piano. Someone painted it green. It took me weeks--not that I was motivated to hurry, but the darn thing was an upright. About the time I got the original finish looking good, they gave it away, and bought a console.
mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never herd of a coating between the panel and the primer.From mid hood forward was jell coat primer and paint with no problems.I had a nickle sized patch of deep scratches on my roof.I had to sand into the body a little to smooth it out.The primer paint and clear pealed off that spot within a month.There are five different materials used to make up the various body panels.SMC panels may have a factory jell coat and that is my problem with the spot.Good to know!
fiero parts interchange manual lists the types and location.Every fiero owner should have this PDF
https://www.scribd.com/doc/...s-Interchange-Manual

------------------
My bucket list runs on high octane....

LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What paint removal? o yea you are removing paint,, I could not see anything past those awesome wheels
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes there are multiple layers below the paint. One is black and below that is dark grey or light black, haha. Since the paint doesn't come off that easy the black primer and gray material come off before the paint sometimes. I have read and the Sherwan Williams guy said that primer will stick to the material. I need to get it premiered soon so I can get it out of the shop. I also have a spray (yellow) coating from Alsa that I will be putting on until I can finish the real paint job. It is like flex seal in a can j/k. Sloooooow progress.

I have Vette panel repair stuff for around the windshield.

Loren thanks for the comments, I like them more and more each time I see them. Viewing them from certain angles really makes the car.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 09-19-2016).]

notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I painted mine, I took all of the paint off down to the material, primed, painted and then clear coated it. When I do the new GT, I will only scuff and the prime and paint
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume you only have the original paint, mine had been painted over and turns out not so good of a job in some spots.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock