Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12031 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the grey seat covers with seats going to the mall if nobody local wants them. $250 OBO cash is king.
IP: Logged
LorenBateman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lorne i dont wish that oil pan job on anybody,,Found my problem !. it was the rings, Top compression was in about 8 or 9 pieces, the second ring was in three pieces. the piston is back in and the oil pan back on. Got the ol Knot on the forehead from the starter falling on me , then a starter bolt busted my lip lol, One of those days. i have a shield that i dont remember where it goes, its not the flywheel wheel shield, i will post a pic tomorrow
JDEvans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JDEvansSend a Private Message to JDEvansEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all. Just getting back into the obsession again. Once I get a car I would love to be apart of a local club, closest one I seen so far is NIFE , I am in the Hannibal area so its not too far to some of their events , but a club in MO would be great !!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! I saw your other thread also.

We're around, although not very active as a group in 2015.

I get up to Hannibal about every other year. You know, take the tour, ride the boad, visit the diner and ice cream shop next to the store with all the old time stuff, go to the one with the knick-knacks and a Native American face on the wall (strong resemblance to Ozzie Ozbourne's face). We go for a few walks, stay over in Quincy (I didn't like the hotel across from the diner). We did the nature walk, and the stroll up to the lighthouse. One year, we were there for the Trike festival or whatever...and the frog legs at the diner were terrible.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JDEvans:

Hi all. Just getting back into the obsession again. Once I get a car I would love to be apart of a local club, closest one I seen so far is NIFE , I am in the Hannibal area so its not too far to some of their events , but a club in MO would be great !!

I wish there was a Western Illinois/Missouri area club closer than St. Louis, I'm Quincy area myself, not sure how many of us there are in the rather small and spread out region though.

I was down in Hannibal last year some time in May with a friend. He wanted to find a project muscle car so we were driving around and on dumb luck stumbled into a car show downtown! I did some research and believe it was this one-click. I'm going to try and see if I can't find a way to become a member and get a spot next year with my Formula!

[This message has been edited by Dylpro (edited 11-02-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if anyone would be up for a trip there.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why I'd absolutely be up for it, it's only a 20 minute drive for me though, but if there were a few people for it I'd love to! I've yet to participate in anything group related since I've owned my car and the only other Fiero owners I've spoken to have been through the Internet!
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 hour drive for me, I will have to drive mine locally for at least an hour straight before I would commit to driving there. I know that doesn't guarrentee anything but since mine has been parked more than I have driven it I would feel better. I still need to get an alignment complete and door skins so there is no draft to freeze me out if we do this during the winter.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LornesGT

1356 posts
Member since Jan 2013

Originally posted by LorenBateman:

Lorne i dont wish that oil pan job on anybody,,Found my problem !. it was the rings, Top compression was in about 8 or 9 pieces, the second ring was in three pieces. the piston is back in and the oil pan back on. Got the ol Knot on the forehead from the starter falling on me , then a starter bolt busted my lip lol, One of those days. i have a shield that i dont remember where it goes, its not the flywheel wheel shield, i will post a pic tomorrow

So the piston walls survived?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno about Hannibal for a Winter destination. I've only been in the summer, although I made a trip to the Staples store in the Quincy area on Christmas Eve, a few years ago. Hannibal is on the river. I'm guessing it's chilly, and all the tourist places are probably closed. They were certainly not open the weekend I was there last during the summer. That having been said, for those in the STL area, there is a scenic route going up.
JDEvans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JDEvansSend a Private Message to JDEvansEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hannibal is 20 min away from me , I go there all the time, and it is definatly not a winter destination as Tshark is correct that most of the tourist stuff is closed or limited hours. Oh and by the way.... stick to the maid-rites at the diner . Thanks for the link Dylpro , I have it bookmarked and even if I dont have a car by summer , I will be going over to check out the cruise-ins . Thanks for the warm welcome !!
PFF
System Bot
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe not in the winter, but that car gathering above was in May and I believe is an annual thing. Quincy had their only car show (that I know of at least) a couple weekends ago, Tim Dusters. That is more of a hot rod event though whereas this one in Hannibal appeared to be a grab bag of anything. If staying in Quincy may I suggest the Holliday Inn with a stop to Tony's Too in the lobby. By February of next year your waiter may be a fellow Fiero owner, in the meantime he's washing dishes in the back!
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

So the piston walls survived?

Yea the wall look good, i have only put a few miles on it since this whole ordeal started

JDEvans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JDEvansSend a Private Message to JDEvansEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did some checking into the "Loafers Car Club" in Hannibal and found this -

The Loafers Car Club is a not-for-profit organization with the goal of giving back to the community while preserving and enjoying historical and special interest automobiles.

The public is invited to attend, at no charge, these main events of the year

- April through October Hot Dog Cruise-in held the first Saturday evening each month in the Steamboat Bend Shopping center,
- Loafers Car Show held in May in downtown Hannibal,
- Reunion Cruise-in held each September in the Huck Finn shopping center.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, who is up for a good tech weekend? How about a 4T60 swap in a GT?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096072.html
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. Whose car? When? Where? Can we split it out over multiple weekends?
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In reading this it should be a one day done deal. I would need to assemble the bits needed and will volunteer the Blue 87 GT as the scapegoat. I am not sure where as of yet, just exploring the idea. We will need plenty of space and a well equipped shop. Lorne or Paul maybe?

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 11-10-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Um, the Paul you're thinking of moved.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When the time comes I will have to let you know the room/ condition or phase my car is in.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johnny, I'm curious about the progress of your swap. Are you going to do a thread as you accumulate the necessary parts?

Lorne, I can't wait to see how your ride looks with the new wheels, and the other work you've done.

Where has Mark Krug gone?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 11-21-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am up for any cruise or car work on weekend just got to know enough ahead to plan for it
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Johnny, I'm curious about the progress of your swap. Are you going to do a thread as you accumulate the necessary parts?

Lorne, I can't wait to see how your ride looks with the new wheels, and the other work you've done.

Where has Mark Krug gone?

Wheels are still in the box until I figure out the tire size. . Haven't complete much cosmetic stuff, I do have the trim off getting rid of the paint lines from someone not taping it of worth a poop. I will be at the shop tommorow afternoon working on that some more, I don't suppose that is enough warning for Drewpy. I am also cleaning up the original rims to sell (thinking about it anyway) to finance the tires. I still need an alignment. I haven't made any progress on the 3800SC engine except for buying some of the stuff to put it back together.
Miro 111 wheels.
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this weekend I am on call otherwise it might have been enough time, my advance warning is needed mostly for 2 reasons my lovely lady doesn't like pop up plans and we are having a kid in Feb so you can imagine how surprise plans go over with a pregnant woman
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there next weekend as well, I will be replacing a front seal in my sons tranny, not a fiero.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, Drew! Your first?

Lorne, maybe I missed it, but did you just get your car painted? I know the front bumper cover needed it, but the rest was nice, IIRC.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 11-22-2015).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No it wasn't painted by me anyway, but I do have some to paint it eventually.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how you're fixed with painting, but there is someone out Columbia way that may be a good shot. He does classic/muscle cars for reasonable rates.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2015 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the door hinges back together and put the doors back on. Tomorrow I will be finishing up with the dew wipes and trying out the wheels I picked up.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2015 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

I got the door hinges back together and put the doors back on. Tomorrow I will be finishing up with the dew wipes and trying out the wheels I picked up.

When will it be road worthy and HAPPY NEW YEAR
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2015 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happry New Year to you as well, I am just hanging out at home. I need an alignment, I may try for that tomorrow also if they are open.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 12-31-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2016 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy New Year to you guys. LorensGT, construction work has slowed down some so I hope to get buy one weekend with the lights and a ground effects kit I'm working on. tshark, what body shop is in Columbia that you where referring too? Christmas lights are coming down this weekend so I will sign off with this pic.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Davy, I just have the guy's name. He usually does muscle cars, but also did a Fiero.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2016 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be at the shop tomorrow as well working on my sons car also. Tried on my mirror mod, 96 aurora heated mirrrors, today as well I like it more than I thought I would. Up close they look a little big but standing back I don't think they look out of proportion. Doors open and close great. I thought lubing the window tracks did wonders but when I put on the new dew strips they went back to a constipated pace.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 01-01-2016).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2016 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LornesGT

1356 posts
Member since Jan 2013
Ok need some picture of the ground effects kit!
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2016 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mirror's and wheels are going to look great on that car. As to the ground effects, I have a pic of the rocker panels and will get one of the front spoiler soon.

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2016 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it, is it modified from another car or ?

I will probably be at the shop at 9-10 unit maybe 4, everyone is welcome. I don't heat the shop so dress warm.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2016 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The stock mirrors are way too small, but then, I like truck mirrors. These mirrors should have less aero drag, and the angle and offset from the car should be an asset. The thing to worry about is people snagging them. The are the perfect height and distance for all sorts of things. With the small moint, straps may catch easily.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tried the wheels on today, well not really. I didn't have time so I did the next best thing, I should have photo shopped the wood out.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why doesn't your driver's door match up? I thought you replaced the hinges.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock