Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12030 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What time are you guys thinking? My crank and rods didn't get repaired for the Pacifica but I have my sons girl friends Alero to work on now. I drove it down to put some tires on it for her and man what a dog. There is no acceleration so I will be checking it out tomorrow, clogged cat or an EGR issue. It's a 3400 so that will be a little practice if I put one of those in the Fiero.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 11-07-2014).]

IP: Logged
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3 vehicles at once! Boy are you motivated! Or I'm just lazy.
LorenBateman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well im up for anytime John..Lorne hope you make it out
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

3 vehicles at once! Boy are you motivated! Or I'm just lazy.

I am the king of lazy but when it comes to cars I tend to be all over it. I really need to hit a loto so I can afford my addiction.
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tomorrow there will be some of us gathering at the Speedway salvage, Johnyrottin will be there around 8am I shall join about 9am. please come by and join us, our goal is to save as many parts as we can afford
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep...hit the ATM! I have to hit pick a part at 8am but will be at speedway at 9am. I need a climate control, a drivers side seatbelt receiver and a lower window trim.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How was the BBQ? Actually, unless the food was horrible, skip that part. Any interesting Fiero stuff?
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Q didnt happen. Now sunday i have to meet my daughter @1 so i dont think i can make it sure sounds fun though
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure I need any parts from what is left but I will be out there.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A new St Louis Fiero!

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this mean she'll be showing up for Fiero events?
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

A new St Louis Fiero!

Just curious. How did you find it?

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Touchdown! A blue T Top you got to be kidding me. How many are left on this planet in that condition? Cant wait to see this car.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found her by doing a claz search. She just popped up! I could not believe her condition over all. I really lucked out. Yes, she will be at some meetings.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tshark, how did you make out last night. Everything okay?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was OK here. We were prepared. Thanks for checking.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear everything went well!
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't term it well. Everything on the news happened. Many of us Americans don't realize just how good we have it. For those of us who have siblings, our siblings have good memories of past wrongs. For example, I got more food than my youngest sister, she says. It's possible. I am 7 years older. She was in diapers, at the time. My contention is that I was doing a lot of work, and could eat that much food, and she couldn't. Her point is that I still got more food. She has long since gotten her doctorate in one thing after having been an archaelogist for a time. And she still holds this grudge. I'm not sure I was such a horrible brother for this fault, but she had all she could eat. She was provided for and loved, the same as I was. My point is that not everyone is so lucky. We live in the land of opportinity. Some of us set out to make the world a better place, and others are opportunists.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wrote quite a bit to your reply but then deleted it because some may say it is racist. It's ashame you can't have an option now without some calling you a racist. I will say I did not grow up privileged at all and even at my "status" now I don't feel privileged. I worked very hard to get we're I am. It can and probably will come crumbling down form our current government both Democrat and Rebulican.

It's going to get allot worse and another unharmed person will probably be shot in the chaos. hostilies have already started tonight.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys, if it is bad near you get you butts over to my house! I have plenty of spare room...
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So on to a better subject I found a 3800 SC. So I will be looking for some items to get it put together.
Motor mount, gaskets and and stuff.

I may just delete that post above, I don't want to make this thread political.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worded my post carefully (I hope). We all have best wishes for each other, as well as our fellow man.

Lorne, will this engine be going into your red GT? I know you did a lot of engine work on it.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 11-26-2014).]

notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lorne, I'm very interested in the installation of a 3.8. I'll be following your build and possibly help if you want. The main thing I would like the learn is about the motor mounts. The rest, I have found a lot of information on. I'll be talking to you
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should we do a meet-up and help clean that shop up before you start the swap???
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This week I had hoped to get working on the pacifica but that did pan out. The machinist I took the piston and rods to never even checked them to see if the were good to go. He had them for a month! So I got them back and I don't know what I will be doing with that car, probably scraping it. I can't find just the rods and Chrysler dealer by the looks of the website to me wants $313 each for rod and piston. I figure since one bearing was bad I would only get one but that is risky. Any of you know a good machinist? When I get that car out the shop will be pretty much empty and the real fun begins.

Yes the red GT, I did everything to the 2.8 short of pulling the heads so I will sell that when I get her out.

I have removed the charger and lower intake of the 3800 and still need to remove the heads. Everything was already loses from the previous owner so it been easy.

Anybody interested in learning or wanting to help is more than welcome. The mounts really only takes one but it is recommend to change all. I have not read good tnings about WCF mounts. The wiring will be the hardest and the 5 speed stuff. I have a 4 speed right now if the car and a 5 speed sitting in the shop. I need the shifter and cables. I don't know the exact condition of the 5 speed.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 11-26-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! May you spend quality time with family & friends. May your meal be the best. May you enjoy the harvest yield. And may your day be filled with all the joy and laughter your heart desires.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the wishes tshark..even though im fortunate enough to have a loving family i will be spending my day in the prison convincing the offenders that a they too are fortunate to have a hot meal and beds and yea ill help clean the shop!!!!
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

The wiring will be the hardest and the 5 speed stuff. I have a 4 speed right now if the car and a 5 speed sitting in the shop. I need the shifter and cables. I don't know the exact condition of the 5 speed.

Ahhh the wiring, I got you covered on that. even better is that youre doing a manual tranny means less wiring than an auto.
What about ECM programming. If need be I have a guy in eastern Tenn that can strip down the un-neededs and put a basic and safe modified fuel and timing profile on it, it was good enough for me to run a 13.01 @ 104 on a 3.4 pulley and 1.7 rockers.
The Shifter should/may be the same between 4 and 5 spd's not 100% certain. I think we talked about this that time we were stripping that Formula with John some weeks back.

As for the machine shop the place my next motor is at is Terry's Machine Shop in Bridgeton Mo. Todd (the new owner) bought it from Terry about 5 or so years back but worked for Terry for many years before that. He has his hand in some on the larger HP builds for the St Louis boys. He always has a full client list so don't be in a hurry to get your motor back, but when you do it will be right. (314) 739-4426. It is a full service engine machine shop.
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Drew-py

73 posts
Member since Apr 2014
HAPPY T-DAY EVERYONE
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Drew-py:

Ahhh the wiring, I got you covered on that. even better is that youre doing a manual tranny means less wiring than an auto.
What about ECM programming. If need be I have a guy in eastern Tenn that can strip down the un-neededs and put a basic and safe modified fuel and timing profile on it, it was good enough for me to run a 13.01 @ 104 on a 3.4 pulley and 1.7 rockers.
The Shifter should/may be the same between 4 and 5 spd's not 100% certain. I think we talked about this that time we were stripping that Formula with John some weeks back.

As for the machine shop the place my next motor is at is Terry's Machine Shop in Bridgeton Mo. Todd (the new owner) bought it from Terry about 5 or so years back but worked for Terry for many years before that. He has his hand in some on the larger HP builds for the St Louis boys. He always has a full client list so don't be in a hurry to get your motor back, but when you do it will be right. (314) 739-4426. It is a full service engine machine shop.

I just need the Pacifica rods check, if they are ok then I will finish the car.

As far as the 3800 SCgoes it will stock for now. If figure the ECM needs programmed, it has a zzp tune in it now but that was for a grand prix. I hear the 97 ECM doesn't fit in the stock location so it looks like I need a new one.
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For starts the VATS needs gone, along with removal of the auto tranny feed signal wire (for manuals). Both of these really get in the way of or prevent function. There are a couple of other things that inhibit best performance. As for the 97 ecm I know every one says they are not worth using but I do not know why, I started with 98/+ ecms and have 4 laying around (factory programming still installed) for my harness builds
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drew-py I pmed you.

I need to send one to everyone I have new phone number.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2014 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Link to what I thought would be by build thread but it is in the tech question area. Maybe Cliff will move it when I buy him a beer, for which I owe him several since I have bought him none to date.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/134119.html#p0
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notwohorns, contrats on the addition to your Fiero stable.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. Need to go over it bumper to bumper. It's a little squirrely on the highway. It acts like my other one before the alignment but I need to the check the suspension. There a lot of little things it needs. It has a Mexican transmission-you know-"Manuel".
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are your feet small enough to hit just the clutch? I need the clutch further from the brake, and there doesn't seem to be enough space.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 12-05-2014).]

notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

How are your feet small enough to hit just the clutch? I need the clutch further from the brake, and there doesn't seem to be enough space.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy.

I didn't have any problems with the clutch on the way home. It didn't seem that the pedals were too close
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I just have big feet.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or perhaps your pedal or pedals are bent. I have heard of that
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could be, but wasn't mine.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock