Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12030 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
rodrieguz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any of the st. Louis fiero guys do bodywork? I'm swamped with work looking for some help. Paid of course.
IP: Logged
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the Mr. Mike seats, actually pleather but still very nice seats, so mine are for sale. Also bought some body parts that were already stripped that will save me a ton of time when I get the paint on the car.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2015 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying do do my own car, at least the prep, but other stuff needs completed first. After that who knows but it would be quite awhile before would attempt to help you and at this pointing have no experience.

Originally posted by rodrieguz:

Any of the st. Louis fiero guys do bodywork? I'm swamped with work looking for some help. Paid of course.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2015 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone fiberglassed and recovered a headliner?
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<--- Tried and ended up paying an upholstery shop to fix it.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2015 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't yet but it is on the list. Probably at the shop this Saturday all are welcome, I will post Saturday morning the time. Still working on the house at the same time.

You can view the seats and take them home if someone wants them. Cash is king.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 08-26-2015).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
posted in the V.I.S.I.T group on Face Book, one of you guys?

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 08-28-2015).]

LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok , Time to get the thread back to the top,..UPDATE,,,Have the exhaust off the car(well undone and hanging),,PB Blaster is the **** ! ,soaked it for a few days before and did not break one bolt,a first for me..Have everything i need to get it back together,,will try and work on her tonight to get lower intake and the head off,,Have wife's family reunion today
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loren, glad to hear your progress. I may be up your way in the next few weeks. Kids & I will be visiting a recovering burn victim.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on cars pretty much non stop since I got back. Alternators, batteries, brakes, cleaning, etc, etc...finally nearing completion! Well, momentary I know but completion at this time.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the engine and cradle out he GT yesterday. Going to replace the engine mounts, tune the engine, new gaskets and seals, clean the engine and cradle, and install new struts. Then install new front shocks and the off for a alignment. Michael, have you done anything lately? Are you going up to the Fieroroma and when?

[This message has been edited by notwohorns (edited 09-05-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been busy with work lately. I won't be going to Fierorama this year. Scheduling issues. I haven't figured out how to multi-locate. Somehow, I have a weddings, 2 birthdays, 2 memorials, a burn victim, a camping trip, a run, and a benefit this month. I am trying to make one overnight Fiero event per year.

What have you been up to?

We haven't managed a local meet at all this year. I have limited availability for that, but I don't want everyone to forget.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2015 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just making sure , but this motor spins clockwise..Is this correct?
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, clockwise. How have you been doing. Looks like you're getting something done
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea got the head off and it does not look bad nor does the gasket. needed this info so when i set valve lash,,was just checking,,it would be just my luck that marine engines and 88 2.8 fiero motors run counter lol Thanky very much hows you project going
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a motor /piston question? So when i pulled off the head there was the usal coolant in the cylinders except the one that was giving me the no-fire problem,,so i cleaned them all out and decided to throw alittle gas in each cyl to see how fast i would drain out (doing an oil change anyway),all the cylinders held gas except the no-fire cyl...has the compression ring been cooked or what?,,its(piston)almost to the top of the cylinder
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would say yes on the rings. Is there scoringing on the walls? You may need to have it in sun light to see them better.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you think i can drop the oil pan and undo the rod cap and pop this piston out
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SO the starter and the flywheel shield has to come off to get the oil pan off,,doesn't look easy
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes

Originally posted by LorenBateman:

you think i can drop the oil pan and undo the rod cap and pop this piston out

SO the starter and the flywheel shield has to come off to get the oil pan off,,doesn't look easy. It isn't hard but just like all the other stuff just keeps adding time to the job.

I am close to getting my rear suspension finished. Yippie!

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 09-13-2015).]

LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Lorne what all you doing to it
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I changed the ball joints, control arm bushings and converted to coil overs.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Twisted two extensions into today trying to get the front starter bolt out OH MY FREAK-IN GOODNESS,,,I have an electric impact and no go going to buy a 3/4 extension

[This message has been edited by LorenBateman (edited 09-16-2015).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lefty loosely, righty tighty.
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Has anyone fiberglassed and recovered a headliner?

yes I have recovered my headliner with fiberglass but have yet to install it

[This message has been edited by Drew-py (edited 09-16-2015).]

Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Drew-py

73 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by davylong86:

The people of STL Fiero's, sorry I have been absent I have been doing alot to the house and family affairs that have kept my poor car in the garage all summer haven't touched her since my return from N Carolina back in May

Welcome back Johnny. We have to get a Fiero roundup going. Sundays are always open for me. I have some Sat off. What dates are good for a ride and lunch or maybe cook out at a park? Chime in St.Louis.

This Sunday Sept 20, there is an all Pontiac's car show in Pontiac Ill. Its about 3 hrs up HWY 55. I am going along with (hopelly) Glen who has a real pretty 88 CBJ with a mid 90's S-Blazer Vortec . it starts a 9:00a m so I plan on leaving STL around 6:00am so if any one else wants to go we all should link up and leave at the same time even if its a bit later than 6:00.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not me, I can't seem to get it off the jack stands.

Drew-py to much to do so I won't be going. Weekend plans to work on mine again, torque some bolts and brakes back on hopefully. House projects also.

Drew-py, you said that the wiring harness conversion is no big deal, you posted a picture of it in another thread which I found. Do I just compare mine to that and add some connectors for different sensors. Do you have pictures/ diagram of the connection points?

Originally posted by mrfred8:

notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Drew-py:

This Sunday Sept 20, there is an all Pontiac's car show in Pontiac Ill. Its about 3 hrs up HWY 55. I am going along with (hopelly) Glen who has a real pretty 88 CBJ with a mid 90's S-Blazer Vortec . it starts a 9:00a m so I plan on leaving STL around 6:00am so if any one else wants to go we all should link up and leave at the same time even if its a bit later than 6:00.

Sorry, can't make it this weekend but wish I could. I just had a big weekend at Fieroroma. Need to work on my GT.
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2015 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Drew-py, you said that the wiring harness conversion is no big deal, you posted a picture of it in another thread which I found. Do I just compare mine to that and add some connectors for different sensors. Do you have pictures/ diagram of the connection points?

I will need to know what you are starting with to say what you will need. For the most part you use the entire engine side of the 3800 harness and splice it into the Fiero chasis harness for sending unit to gauges. Only extra wire connectors I used was for easy of future removals. Here is the link to my build, on page 2 is the connectors I use in my harness builds and where to pick the up
http://ncfiero.com/Forum/vi...&t=13&start=25#p4698
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2015 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***FREE ,1988 PONTIAC FIERO GT** but after you fix-it you have to give it back, Spent most of the day getting a nut off the front of the oil pan,,Finally had to put a hole in it and chisel it off
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2015 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I hope the piston and ring in that problem cylinder are in decent shape after that ordeal. I said it wasn't hard just time consuming, I must have jinxed you.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 09-17-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2015 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LornesGT

1356 posts
Member since Jan 2013

Originally posted by Drew-py:

I will need to know what you are starting with to say what you will need. For the most part you use the entire engine side of the 3800 harness and splice it into the Fiero chasis harness for sending unit to gauges. Only extra wire connectors I used was for easy of future removals. Here is the link to my build, on page 2 is the connectors I use in my harness builds and where to pick the up
http://ncfiero.com/Forum/vi...&t=13&start=25#p4698

Thanks for the link! I am starting with a full harness from a 97 3800SC GP
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Well I hope the piston and ring in that problem cylinder are in decent shape after that ordeal. I said it wasn't hard just time consuming, I must have jinxed you.

there was just no way to get to it..i could put a wrench on it but could not turn it

Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Its an 85, 1 owner so says the owner who also is an employee there. I drive by it every day multiple times for my work which is located just around the corner.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This project needs and engine pull,,so,, to get the oil pan out you have to lower the exhaust,,, lift the motor and take out the front motor mount . What a f***kin ordeal that was,,,Thread to the front page
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Visiting in Troy tomorrow, Loren. A home-style restaurant & some park, at least that's the plan.

Sounds as if you're having plenty of Fiero fun.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to Zadocks. Nice restaurant. Good food, nice staff. A local lady makes the cakes. Just my sort of place. Then we went to some park nearby with playgrounds & a pond. Had a great time.

I'm not sure I like some of the modern houses there.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this restaurant is a good place to eat,,Mostly older homes in Troy and the park is really nice ,Have a water park there and a skate park there for the kids,Glad you had a good time here in troy
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We celebrated the survival and return to health of a friend who was a burn victim.

Part of the park was closed for construction, but it was a great day. I like homes with history and character. We didn't get to try the market or festival.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The beast is back on the ground and I took if for a ride. It is still squirrely, I hope the alignment fixes that.

Looks like I have an oil leak, I hope it is the oil pan and not the rear main. I am pretty sure I replaced the rear main when I had it apart.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock