Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Have You Seen A Fiero Today? (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Have You Seen A Fiero Today? by fierofool
Started on: 08-26-2011 02:28 PM
Replies: 835 (31863 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 03-28-2024 10:05 AM
rednotdead

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

They just slapped some body panels on it. It doesn't look anything like a Ferrari.

The initial impression wore off very quickly, I assure you
IP: Logged
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Driving through the Mojave Desert. The roof was chopped off, the front end was partly taken off. Not a pretty car:
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saw a red Fiero parked on the street on Gravois Ave in STL, about noon yesterday. No plates. Very oxidized paint. Didn't take a closer look.

I saw this one again today. Same place, no plates. It's parked on the street, so will probably be towed. Sad. Probably someone's way of making taxpayers pay for the tow. I found out it's been there for weeks. Of course, it isn't as if the police couldn't find the owner via the VIN.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my recent travels throughout Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi & Alabama, I only saw 3 Fieros. One was a white fastback in Springfield, CO; another was the red notchie in The Woodlands, TX and the last one was a yellow '88 GT in Calvert, TX. I had seen this one several times when I used to live in Dallas and had to drive to Houston on business, so it's been in the same spot for at least 3 years. It is just south of town in a parking lot in what looks like a garage or some type of automotive repair place. I thought about stopping and asking about it, but I decided against it.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 03-26-2016).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a silver Finale on a flatbed in SilverSpring today.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a white notchie SE in grey primer off Pershall about 4:30 this afternoon. It was parked at what looked like a bank.

The rear bumper was still white, and the lower quarter ground effects were white. The rest of the ground effects were missing. At least one fender used to be red. Sunroof, but no wing. It looked as if the sail windows were missing. The hump on the decklid looked a bit pronounced, so I'm womdering if this is a swap with a scoop.

I didn't get very close, so just got a glimpse.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw a white notchie SE in grey primer off Pershall about 4:30 this afternoon. It was parked at what looked like a bank.

The rear bumper was still white, and the lower quarter ground effects were white. The rest of the ground effects were missing. At least one fender used to be red. Sunroof, but no wing. It looked as if the sail windows were missing. The hump on the decklid looked a bit pronounced, so I'm womdering if this is a swap with a scoop.

I didn't get very close, so just got a glimpse.

I saw this one again today. Same place. It appears to be a 2.5 with manual tranny. Some grooved trim, and some rounded trim. The interior trim is horribly warped. Car has Illinois plates. It does have a scoop on the decklid.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a red GT w/silver trim get on I-26 at exit 23 in Johnson City, TN the other day. I think it was my old car. I got stopped at a light and couldn't get a closer look. Was glad to see it still on the road. You just never know when you sell to a kid.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This Fiero has been at a shop (former gas station) in my town for most of a decade. Story is, the guy had some work done on it and decided he didn't want to pay for it and so they kept the car instead. They move it about once a year to plow snow or whatever. This picture is 4 or 5 years old already but I'm too lazy to go take a new one. The Buick was only there for a few days.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. At least an '85. I wonder how mich they'd sell it for. It can't be that great after sitting for a decade, and probably wasn't well cared for, to begin with.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm, I wonder. Silver, aero nose. Would be one of my favorite Fiero styles. But I bet they don't have the title.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In some states, the shop can apply for a title for the amount owed. It can take up to a year for the title to come through, but it usually takes about 90 days. I forget what the provision is called. The shop must have supporting documentation.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In some states, the shop can apply for a title for the amount owed. It can take up to a year for the title to come through, but it usually takes about 90 days. I forget what the provision is called. The shop must have supporting documentation.

It's called a "mechanics lien"
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully I'll be able to snap a pic if I ever actually see one. For some reason, they're exceedingly rare to see where I live. For anyone into cars I'm sure mine sticks out like a sore thumb. It's interesting hearing how common of a sight they are in some areas considering my experience.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Consider this. I've seen probably 20 Fieros around here, and posted seeing most of them in this thread. Not once have I ever seen anyone post that it was them I saw. In fact, more often than not no one says it was them. I've driven around a lot in my Fiero, and no one posted spotting me. I did finally find out who 2 of the people are...and met one who has since faded into the woodworks.

Figure that there are Fieros around, and they should be out soon--except in Colorado.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The junkyards have been sparse lately; this is the first I've seen in a few months. An '87 4-cyl.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 05-15-2016).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2016 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a red Fiero in historic St. Charles this afternoon. The Fiero was red, and in rough shape. I've seen this Fiero before. I think it was an '84. It had a gold front emblem, and bumperpads. The deck vent was in the middle. This was a manual. The hood jad been rough sanded, and the paint was misding in places. Some centercaps and beltline trim pieces were missing, as were the center console cover and the HVAC bezel & surround. Still, the car is apparently driveable.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw a red GT in Camp Pendleton. Haven't seen a Fiero since September.
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2016 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually saw one today which is extremely rare in this area. It was a blue '86 GT with a black cowl hood and black spoiler. It looked a little rough, but it was cool to see another one in town.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's forum member ltlgt88's car, not today but a couple months ago at a NIFE event. I ran a roll of film (remember that stuff?) through my Leica camera and finally got it developed.

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2016 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Spotted these guys today out of nowhere. Yard has 3 Fiero's .1 GT and 2 base coupes.

Taillights on the GT were already gone and 1/4 windows are broken. Drivers seat is torn and the interior on the red coupe has already been sold. The other black coupe is surrounded by weeds so I didn't venture to it. These two cars were parked on top of the bus because they ran when parked. The GT was the yard owner's car.

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 07-12-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A real cream puff. Hasn't been started in ten years! Yeah they usually don't burn oil when parked for a decade.

Red '87 4-cyl; actually I posted this one earlier on the page.

Another '87, this time in gold.

Strange car. Looked like an '85 GT (had GT sail panels and speaker headrests, but '86 style aux. gauges (and VIN says its an '86. Car was repainted from white.

Another '86, this one repainted from silver.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 07-17-2016).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone needs to pull the front plate holder from that GT.

In theory, the '86 SE was the same as the '85 GT, but it didn't have GT sail windows or speaker seats. Of course, no one has ever modified a Fiero.
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Someone needs to pull the front plate holder from that GT.

Are the front plate holders a sought after thing? I have one somewhere that I was going to throw out
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

Are the front plate holders a sought after thing? I have one somewhere that I was going to throw out

Sometimes, yes. In a state like Illinois, front plate enforcement is so spotty and inconsistent that many people removed theirs and lost or discarded the holders.... Then when they move to another town or state with stricter enforcement they have to scramble to find another holder. I've known people who searched for a very long time to get Fiero aero nose plate holders.

Illinois is weird. I can't drive a block without passing a half dozen SUVs with no front plates. But when I tried driving my Fiero with no front [plate, I got stopped twice in two days.

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:
Illinois is weird. I can't drive a block without passing a half dozen SUVs with no front plates. But when I tried driving my Fiero with no front [plate, I got stopped twice in two days.

When I lived in Ohio I drove 2 Chevy Blazers over the course of 5-ish years, never a front plate & never got stopped. I always chalked it up under 'high percentage' of temp tag vehicles in the Area. While moving the Fiero out of state I got stopped twice in Ohio.
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday afternoon, lagrange and monee manhattan road. Passed a verryyy clean appeared to be all back 88GT. First ive seen while in my car. Waved and was on his way. If youre on here, nice car man

I never see my car from another perspective.... and man you forget how bad ass they look after youve been tinkering and getting frustrated with them for too long. Such a beautiful and mean lookin far. Thought it was a ferrari at first
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YES!

It took me almost 2 years to find one for a GT. They don't go for much, about $30-$40 but they are hard to come by.

I remember posting on pennocks, checking ebay weekly, putting up a post on ROW52 .. nothing krickets. I just recently found one on the GT I posted a few posts above. In the 2 years of searching I found 1 that had broken tabs and a "home made" one in a junk yard.

I moved from a place with no front plate to a place with front plate requirements so getting one in good shape was hard.

The Fiero Store used to carry it, 2 years ago they told me they were trying to reproduce it but I haven't seen anything since.

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 07-19-2016).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are the front plate holders a sought after thing?

For sure. They're mounted on the bumper... they get broken!
RED87SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RED87SESend a Private Message to RED87SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieros of Southern California got together for a bit at Dixon Lake in Escondido Ca this last weekend.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2016 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Silver or gray primered Fiero at a MAACO shop on W. Broad, Hwy 78 in Athens, Ga.

Today at our July cruisein, I found out it was Ronnie's 3800SC GT.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-23-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Tinkrr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinkrrSend a Private Message to TinkrrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a red fastback Tuesday,

travelled east on Dundas St. from Whitby to Oshawa lost him around Simcoe St. South

[This message has been edited by Tinkrr (edited 07-21-2016).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black fastback on Hwy 580 in Livermore going out to the central valley today. Excuse the bugs on my windshield

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Salsa yellow formula is opposite traffic in RT 70, then passed by a silver GT from WV.
Sundowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SundownerSend a Private Message to SundownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spotted a red GT yesterday pulled into the gas pumps at a station in Glastonbury, CT.
viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am surprised at the number of spotted cars that go unclaimed in this thread. But you have to admit, it sounds like a Jay Leno monologue joke. "You know who takes the most pictures of Pontiac Fieros? Other Fiero owners!"
I keep a few snapshots of progress on my own cars in my phone. But would feel a tad silly scrambling to open the camera to snap a shot of the exact same car being driven away by someone else haha.
On the other hand, I love the junkyard finds!
88FieroGT TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2016 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow a lot of junk yard cars---we hardly ever get them up here anymore

------------------
Pat Jones

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

On the other hand, I love the junkyard finds!

I only wish I'd started taking my camera years ago. Its slim pickin's compared to 10-15 years ago.

But here's a couple new ones.

'85 GT in a Chicago junkyard:

Different junkyard, different day, an '88 4-cylinder:

Remember back about 1989 when neon pink and green and blue were popular? It was the "Miami Vice" look. This car had a lot of it. Bet it had neon pink windshield wipers once upon a time too.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 08-21-2016).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An 86 SE V6 4-speed in a Chicago junkyard, formerly a gold car now repainted purple:

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2016 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An '86 SE 4-cyl. automatic: Junkyard in Bensenville IL near O'Hare.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock