Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Have You Seen A Fiero Today? (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Have You Seen A Fiero Today? by fierofool
Started on: 08-26-2011 02:28 PM
Replies: 835 (31924 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 03-28-2024 10:05 AM
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw one this morning on the way to work. It was in Moorestown NJ area, a notchback, no spoiler and with a very distinctive red and black two tone paint job separated by the beltline trim.
IP: Logged
AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a white fastback on Maple St near 90th heading east at 6pm today in Omaha, anyone here?
First Fiero I've seen on the street in 4-5 months. Would have been driving mine but it was snowing.
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seen 3 in the weeds tday. 87 red SE , 88 Black SE and a 85 White GT all within 40 miles of each other
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

seen 88 Black SE

Houston, we have a problem.

dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Houston, we have a problem.

Was assuming it as a SE. Had a 88cradle and notchback
. Wasn't any formula badging
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

Was assuming it as a SE. Had a 88cradle and notchback
. Wasn't any formula badging

88 didn't have any SE's. That designation was changed to Formula in 88. Same thing really. Nitpicking. Most likely a base model, especially if it didn't have a wing. Wings were stock on Formulas.

There has been discussion about Formulas NOT having the door script. My wife for example, tells me she bought a brand new 1988 V6 notchie Fiero off the showroom floor and it did not say Formula on it.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090510.html
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally saw one! White notchie with funky wheels here in downtown Vic on Johnson between Blanshard and Quadra.

Went back 5 min later to take a pic and it was gone.

Oh well; its like seeing the first robin in spring. I haven't seen one (besides my own) in months.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Except when I go to Fiero club functions, I haven't seen a Fiero being driven on the roads here in ages. However, in the last week or so, I've seen the same red '85 GT with black bra twice now while out driving... as reported HERE.

You know you're a Fiero freak when you get excited seeing some stranger driving an old 80's plastic car.
skeetshooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skeetshooterSend a Private Message to skeetshooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a YellowGold 88 GT with T top in the parking lot at O"Fallon High Il.
school. Some luck kid.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greeneville, TN

CrazyDragn and I went to a junk yard in Greeneville yesterday. They had four Fieros in the yard. They were pretty trashed. I wanted to pull a fender and a door skin but they wanted $100 for the pair. I offered $50 for both but he didn't counter offer. I didn't feel any need to rush in at that price. I told him that I knew where they were if I decided I wanted them.

Never saw factory black trunk carpet before^^^
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XThirtySeven:

Sacramento CA

Saw a gold/tan Notchback on Folsom Blvd between Sunrise and Hazel, I was in my buddies Ford Lightning

I looked at an 86 SE 4spd in Carmichael a few years ago matching that description. It had exactly the options I wanted but I chickened out for a few different reasons. Owner seemed frustrated and desperate to get rid of it before it was towed, I was afraid that car might be headed for a junkyard. Odds are this was a different car but I wonder if that was it. If so, glad it survived.
PFF
System Bot
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:
Never saw factory black trunk carpet before^^^

My stock 84 has factory black trunk carpet. I was told that Pontiac only used it for the first year or so.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by armos:

I looked at an 86 SE 4spd in Carmichael a few years ago matching that description. It had exactly the options I wanted but I chickened out for a few different reasons. Owner seemed frustrated and desperate to get rid of it before it was towed, I was afraid that car might be headed for a junkyard. Odds are this was a different car but I wonder if that was it. If so, glad it survived.

My 85 SE with a V-6/auto was literally minutes away from going to wrecking yard, I'm so glad I saved it from a certain death. It's so fun to drive and worth the trouble!

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was out in Denver last month for work and saw two different Fiero's in one week. I live in Chicago and over the last few years have only seen 2 or 3. It was pretty cool seeing them driving around and looking in great shape. I wish Chicago didn't use salt like Denver.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by RayOtton (edited 03-06-2014).]

armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:

I was out in Denver last month for work and saw two different Fiero's in one week. I live in Chicago and over the last few years have only seen 2 or 3. It was pretty cool seeing them driving around and looking in great shape. I wish Chicago didn't use salt like Denver.

Yeah, my old 84 was a victim of that salt. I have fond memories of driving it in winters out there, but it was a rustbucket when I got it, and completely wiped out a few years later. When I started looking at the condition of cars for sale in CA, it was like a dream. I wish salt were abolished and drivers expected to make their own arrangements (snow tires, 4wd, whatever they need for their roads) but that's not a popular idea politically.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, other than my own.
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw an 86 Notchie in Collinsville, IL last night. It was silver and sounded pretty good. It was driving and night so I couldn't get a pic.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother keeps reporting to me that he sees Fieros in the Barrow and Gwinnett County areas of Georgia. If it's a notchie it's an 84 and if it's a fastback, it's an 86 like his. He just doesn't know his Fieros. He recently reported seeing one of each in Winder, Ga.
kraelo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kraeloSend a Private Message to kraeloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yellow Notchie GT cruising down I5 south. Beautiful. Looked straight out of the 80's
tucson86fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tucson86fieroSend a Private Message to tucson86fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw an 85 silver GT today at the 22nd and Pantano intersection in Tucson. Had a black bra covering the nose. Looked in very nice shape. Older guy driving. Was similar to my silver 86 2m6 SE with 70k miles. Gave owner a huge thumbs up and smile while cruising by. Made me think of organizing a Tucson Fiero meet/BBQ. Reid Park? Let's eat some tasty food and talk Fieros!

Question: The image upload feature on this site needs updating unless missing something. Pic needs to be posted somewhere on the Web and cannot pull from computer? Thank you from a newbie.

[This message has been edited by tucson86fiero (edited 03-07-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tucson86fiero:
Question: The image upload feature on this site needs updating unless missing something. Pic needs to be posted somewhere on the Web and cannot pull from computer? Thank you from a newbie.

Welcome to the forum.
This web site:
http://www.myfiero.com/imagehost.php
Can reportedly upload pictures that you can then link on this forum. I tried using it a few days ago and it never gave me a link, but maybe it only works on certain browsers or something, I dunno.
There's a "Pennock's Image Poster" app linked at the bottom of the page which can be used to upload photos. As far as I can tell it's a Windows app that has to be installed on your PC, I'm not really fond of that arrangement but that's how it's set up.

[This message has been edited by armos (edited 03-08-2014).]

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Granite City IL @ a muffler shop a white 2m6.
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tuscon86fiero

You're not alone There are a handful of us here from the Tucson area. I live up in Catalina, work at the Pep Boys on Ina Rd. Over the past couple weeks I've met Steel88GT and AZ_POPS. Steel has a mint red '88 GT, and POPS has a mint black '88 GT.

I have a white/silver de-winged '87 GT that needs some cosmetic loving (needs a handful of things, missing 1/4 windows, she's a leaker too :-\), and there are two other white GTs I've seen in the area, 1 has a wing and it looked like some custom 1/4 windows (didn't get a chance to catch him before he left the store, and there's another guy with a solid white wingless car, the headlights are stuck in the up position.

There are 2 gold notchies up this way, one has a wing, the owner of the other I've talked to a handful of times, his has a luggage rack.

I've seen a couple red notchies around, but they looked to be a little worse for wear.

I've only seen one white notchie around, it lives near the Oldfather/Cortaro Farms intersection.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was yesterday but I was on I-55 in Illinois North of Springfield. There's a "Classic" car sales place on the East side of the Freeway. I noticed a Red GT on the front line nearest the interstate. Wanted to turn around and go back but I was running late for a flight out of St Louis. I'll be back over there in another couple weeks. I'll make time to go check out all the cars.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Driving from Ottawa to Cornwall, Ontario (on our way down to New York today). There is a red GT (86?) that is always sitting on a guys driveway (same spot...never moves) on the 138. Does it belong to anyone here? One day I'll stop in and knock on his door...
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today on I-26/US 19 just north of Asheville, headed North. A black 86 or 87 GT. There were 4 of us headed Southbound after finishing the RFTH 19 Scouting Run.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my piece of crap in my driveway.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

It was yesterday but I was on I-55 in Illinois North of Springfield. There's a "Classic" car sales place on the East side of the Freeway. I noticed a Red GT on the front line nearest the interstate. Wanted to turn around and go back but I was running late for a flight out of St Louis. I'll be back over there in another couple weeks. I'll make time to go check out all the cars.

It's pretty rough but so many are. I think there are 2-3 more in the barns not GT. If I remember right they want to much, it has been 2 years since I looked.
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They have website with two Fieros posted. Ithinktheselinks will work. The 84 looks like its in good condition.

http://www.countryclassicca.../html/spcars_425.htm

http://www.countryclassicca.../html/spcars_435.htm
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I met another member tonight I'll have to look up his name, I don't remember it at the moment, but he's driving around in a 4.9/5-speed-swapped GT. I saw him at the local QT in Oro Valley, AZ and followed him about 1/2 mile south to one of the local apartment complexes.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a Red GT heading down I35 South in Burnsville, exit onto hwy 42 Monday evening.
TriumphFetish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TriumphFetishSend a Private Message to TriumphFetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This Sunday saw three, two black SE's and a Black GT... two at one house and the third at another. So that's a total of 6 I've seen in Indy since getting mine. :-)
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a red Fiero the other day in Okemos, Mi. Not sure the year. I'm guessing an 86 or 87. It was a notchie. Looked like it was in fairly good condition. Naturally, I wasn't driving mine.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday at 7:52 AM I saw a silver notchback on Orchard road in Montgomery, I was in my black GT. I honked at you and we waved to each other.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Houston, TX

My stepson saw a black and silver GT. Snapped a pic and sent it to me. I think they were in The Woodlands area. I'll see if I can post the pic.

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 04-06-2014).]

RedlinePlus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RedlinePlusSend a Private Message to RedlinePlusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alexander City, Alabama

On Thursday, I saw a dark red fastback GT wearing a rear spoiler headed west on Hwy 280. Not sure about the year model, but it was a lot quieter than my old F100 as it passed. That was the first time I had ever really noticed how many people stare at these cars on the road. Wow, still turning heads at 30.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a black with silver bottom notchie yesterday in Keizer Oregon. I think it might be an 85 GT and it's the second time in as many days that I've seen it.
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this one in Tucson (fyi Safford is 2-2.5hrs away from Tucson) last night after work, around 7:10.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4354415342.html

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a maroon-ish GT by Lindenwood University turning into a shopping center about 3:10pm yesterday. I was crunched for time, but I looked an hour later in that area. No GT. Looked like an '87.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock