Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  RCR's body mods... (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RCR's body mods... by RCR
Started on: 06-15-2009 07:28 PM
Replies: 611 (34705 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 01-10-2021 06:09 PM
dobie1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2020 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Click Here to Email dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moving along nicely Bob! ):
interesting cooler mounting ,will you have a ram effect ?

Wayne
IP: Logged
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2020 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRClick Here to Email RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobie1:

Moving along nicely Bob! ):
interesting cooler mounting ,will you have a ram effect ?

Wayne

Hey Wayne,

Not really counting on a ram effect there. Just some air flow for the coolers. I may put a fan behind them eventually.

It's kind of a cramped space. need somewhere for the air to flow out. Might go out the rear vents (Hmm?)

Should be better than what I had.

take care

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2020 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRClick Here to Email RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The long weekend afforded a lot of time for the car, so I continued with the rocker build.

First, break out the cardboard and make templates.

Make a glass panel (on glass)

Cut out the pieces.

Doesn't show here, but I glassed the leading edge first, then started fitting it together.

3 sides glassed together, now for the side that runs on the inside of the scoop outer panel.
This piece has a s shape to it, so I made a cardboard template, transfered that to aluminum, then formed the s-bend.
A layer of glass later...

Here, the piece is being glassed into the vent.

Once tied together, 2 more layers added behind to strengthen everything up

Then...
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2020 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRClick Here to Email RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
... I started back up on the front of the rocker. This piece has always been rough, since I made it from scratch after losing the original lower fender piece.
I cleand it up with the grinder, then started adding some layers, including the wheel well flange.

I boogered up the mounting flange, so i'm in the process of redoing that.

alarm going off for the grill, til later.

Bob
sourmash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2020 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashClick Here to Email sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:
alarm going off for the grill, til later.

Bob

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire?
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking really good Bob;

Keep it up. You will get there.

Cheers
Don
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRClick Here to Email RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx Don. Appreciate you stopping by.

Lots of stuff since last update. I'll have to upload the pics.
Worked on the door and door gap, fixed the flange. Glassed in the driver side scoop on the rear fender, And I did a pretty sound job realigning the front end, caster, camber, toe. All good stuff.

Today, on the other hand was a downer. I was following up on some suggestions on why my front is so high, I found a contributing factor.
The frame notch I did to fit the 88 front suspension was inadequate. I need to verify, but it sure looks like the lower control arm is hitting the frame.

So, I went to finish the fuel fill lines, and suffice to say, it doesn't line up.

Tomorrow is another day.

Later friends

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 09-26-2020).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2020 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pats on the back so inspiring.
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Click Here to Email dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waiting for pics Bob😁
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 322
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2020 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been 11 years and counting. In that time we have learned that you are an excellent fiberglass man but the question; it is realized that everything has time limits?
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2021 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRClick Here to Email RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

It's been 11 years and counting. In that time we have learned that you are an excellent fiberglass man but the question; it is realized that everything has time limits?

Hi Dennis, 11 years has been a long time. Sounds like you're suggesting I quit... Probably the smart thing to do. But, I enjoy being able to tinker on it. Maybe it will never drive again, but as long as I'm having fun, and maybe along the way, teach someone a skill, then I'm good with that.

Thanx for dropping by.

And, to all my fellow Fiero brethren, past and present... Have a great (and safe) New Year.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 322
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[/b]

[B]Originally posted by RCR:

Hi Dennis, 11 years has been a long time. Sounds like you're suggesting I quit... Probably the smart thing to do. But, I enjoy being able to tinker on it. Maybe it will never drive again, but as long as I'm having fun, and maybe along the way, teach someone a skill, then I'm good with that.

Thanx for dropping by.

And, to all my fellow Fiero brethren, past and present... Have a great (and safe) New Year.

Bob

Bob, I fully support your project and recognize your fiberglass skill level as being better than mine, but on this end getting to drive them is the pinnacle of a restoration achievement. I know many Fiero owners here in NJ that own garage queens but I could never relate to that. Not trying to be critical of your project but a completion date where you can show your nice creation may prove fun and provide satisfaction. Whichever way you decide to go, thanks for sharing this interesting project with us.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock