Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  RCR's body mods... (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RCR's body mods... by RCR
Started on: 06-15-2009 07:28 PM
Replies: 657 (38239 views)
Last post by: RCR on 11-17-2023 07:56 AM
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked on the driver's side over the past week.

Mold layup...

Fresh new mold, already trimmed...

This one came out so much better than the other side...I just might be getting the hang of this...

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 11-15-2010).]

IP: Logged
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Now it's time to think about finishing the rest...It's a daunting task...

And I own page 4..

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

I am assuming because the way the hood opens you could not do this

Going back through the thread and I noticed this question...Correct, this is the way I wanted to do it, but because of the way the hood opens, I needed the overlap section of the hood to pod to be perpendicular to the hinge, otherwise it will hit or have a large gap.

Bob

Brastic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got cold too fast...Just as I was getting into a groove...

Anyway, I've been working on some suspension mods and grabbed this pic while under the car.

It's what all the foam looks like from behind...

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awake from hiberanation, starting back up on this front fascia, fixing the winter damage.

sanding...filling...sanding....

I've got a bone to pick with Amida...You make it look so easy that any shlepp can do it...This is a PITA... All kidding aside, Rob you have my utmost respect and deserve every penny you ask for for your work, and then some...See the culmination of Rob's work here, if you haven't seen a Master in progress: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/079750-10.html

back to sanding and filling and sanding and ...

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 05-15-2011).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started working on the hood...

and

While also working on the nose. All the easy stuff seems to be done, now it's all the tedious details...

Bob
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is looking great!
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still love seeing your progress. Looking real good!
stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks Great!!!!!! I had been thinking about louvre's too.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates?
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot has been happening with the fascia...Sanding...filling...sanding...
I've been working on matching right to left and ran into a ditch with the lower brake vents. They didn't match and were slightly off in position relative to center. So I've spent the last few days on that. I've also tweaked the design slightly.

Here is the original vent.

Here it is tweaked. I opened the hole just slightly (so both would match) and made a much larger radius going in. Call it a much smaller version than whats on the F360/430.

I also knocked out the center vent yesterday. I need to finish off the trim molding for the passenger side next.

Bob
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's that sanding, sanding, sanding working out for you?

It's looking real good.

Nolan
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started applying the final primer coat to prep for the mold.

I thought this looked cool from the side:

And this is how much room I've been working with....The combination square on the floor is 12".

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Bob. Is the side molding & arrowhead normally a part of the nose? What year is that? It's separate on my '88.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Looks good Bob. Is the side molding & arrowhead normally a part of the nose? What year is that? It's separate on my '88.

Hi Rob,

I believe the front part (arrow) is seperate, but the back part of the molding is molded into the front. I was wondering this recently, but couldn't take it apart to be totally sure. The pieces are off an 85 GT fascia. I figured I could always remove it later if I chose since it will be fiberglass on the final part. I also thought I would make the mold so it could be changed in the future.

Bob
2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RSR,
Awesome thread, I am inspired by your patients and attention to detail. Now the question...How much for a copy? I just purchased a notchie Mad-Arch wide body kit and this would be a great addition.
Thanks, Shaun in Iraq

------------------
85 Notchback 4.9 4T60E
88GT 3800SC F23

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Hi Rob,

I believe the front part (arrow) is seperate, but the back part of the molding is molded into the front. I was wondering this recently, but couldn't take it apart to be totally sure. The pieces are off an 85 GT fascia. I figured I could always remove it later if I chose since it will be fiberglass on the final part. I also thought I would make the mold so it could be changed in the future.

Bob

It has 2 plasric pegs on the back side that go through the bumper cover with a sheet metal flange nut screwed down on the plastic pegs to hold it on. When you remove the bumper skin you will be able to see how to get them off quickly.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Rob,

Bob

A section of the belt molding is actually formed together with the fascia? I didn't know that. On my '88 the whole molding is removable, attached with two screws. So, is this how it is with all Fieros with grooved belt moldings?
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

A section of the belt molding is actually formed together with the fascia? I didn't know that. On my '88 the whole molding is removable, attached with two screws. So, is this how it is with all Fieros with grooved belt moldings?

Interestingly enough, this picture looks like it might be molded in... but it's hard to tell.

I'm not sure which bumper skin he started with, but on my 84 bumperpad nose it was molded in. When I switched to a aero nose I had to cut it off the bumper skin to use it, if I remember correctly.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 07-09-2011).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I confirmed that the molding is molded to the fascia. This was off an 85 GT. My 84 bumper pad fascia is similar.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2011 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2MidV8:

RSR,
Awesome thread, I am inspired by your patients and attention to detail. Now the question...How much for a copy? I just purchased a notchie Mad-Arch wide body kit and this would be a great addition.
Thanks, Shaun in Iraq

Hi Shaun...
I have had a couple people ask about a copy, but for the time being, this will be a one off. Being the first time doing this, the quality is nowhere near where it needs to be for me to be comfortable making pieces to sell like Amida's and Whodeanie's (and other's that escape my memory). If things do well, I may make a second piece and rework that for a production mold. Also, keep in mind this is not a strict bolt-on. The hood and lights have to be changed, and the bumper structure will have to be reworked.

thanx for the inquiry and comments.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 07-17-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Super secret project.
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a really cool project dude!
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been away for way too long...Life gets in the way of the hobby...

I have been back at it, but I'm actually doing maintainence to the rear, specifically rust repair. Hopefully I'll have an update in a few days or so...

peace out...

Bob
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Yur hood vent is fabtastic!!!

Thanx all,

Air-eek...

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

Life's best tour guides? Contrast and mixture. One sets things apart yet cohesively, the other seperates associatingly.

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been busy at it for the last couple of weeks. I finished replacing the rusted panels on the driver's side trunk, and went heavy at the front.

PIP isn't being my friend, so no uploaded pictures for now...

Facebook link...

http://www.facebook.com/med...&type=1&l=e3800c78de

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 08-31-2012).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 04-08-2015).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the patience to stick it out, Will. Someday I will pull a part from this blasted thing...

Bob

PS, Is PIP working? Keeps timing out. Never used to do that. I even went back to IE and still not working.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Downloaded latest version of PIP and it seems to be working.

Impatience got to me, so I took the side panel off to see how it cam out....Not too bad...

Bob
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2012 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, I tried to make the 20'th, and although I was at the 25'th, the car wasn't. I have no allusions about it being ready for the 30'th. I'll be happy if it has a matched set of wheels by then.

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More updates...Big step...

The molds will need a lot of work, but after so many years of muddeling around, I can finally see the front of the car again.

Bob
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you have made a mould are you thinking you will sell bumpers if so how much you thinking.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

So you have made a mould are you thinking you will sell bumpers if so how much you thinking.

At this point, I do not intend to sell parts. As you can tell, the mold is fairly thin. If I get one decent part from it, it will have done it's job.

Bob

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At this point, I do not intend to sell parts. As you can tell, the mold is fairly thin. If I get one decent part from it, it will have done it's job.

Bob

Just a suggestion but maybe you should talk to JimmyS. He's has to be the biggest vendor of fiberglass bumpers.

It is a nice bumper. Think of all that hard work and time you put into. Seeing a Fiero pass you by with your creation, Priceless!

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 09-07-2012).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx guys for your thoughts. Time will tell what I do, but it's a long ways off from being ready for anything. I need to get back at it...

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2012 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just ordered my supplies...2 quarts of gel coat, 5 yards of 1.5oz chopped mat, and 4 yards of veil mat. Should be enough supplies for the next stage... I'll probably need more resin, but I'll get that as I go...

Bob
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2012 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks great !

If i were you and the molds hold up, i might pull a second one,..just in case you somehow trash the first one at some point and all your hard work goes for naught.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock