Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 by Songman
Started on: 08-19-2003 01:38 PM
Replies: 526 (39976 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 05-23-2015 05:05 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Benja:

The wing was too tall anyways...IMO.

Time is never a person's best friend. What was once okay-people now-a-days move onto newer and better styles. Even 20x9.5 don't stnad the test of time. A 9" rear is now over looked for a 20x11 or wider wheel. As for #011 case, the wing was based upon the PPG and the GBCT wings in 2002 or 03.

Originally posted by Benja:

And correct me if I am wrong but was that 52 lbs for one wheel?

I have some old pictures of various weight, but I do know that a 275/30/20 tire is about 30-pounds. Add at least 21-25 pounds for the wheels and you can easliy have over 50-pounds per wheels. Heck, a stocker 205 and rims weight is 44-pounds.

Originally posted by madcurl:

The weight: Full disclosure

HRE 20x12 is morbidly phat @ 31 pounds!

More info on weights here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/046552-13.html

Weights continued:

A 19x7.5, 245/35/19 Nitto Neo-Gen;

Yeah, the darn rims were too phat for the scale being used so I had to use two metal rods (@ each end) to hold it onto the scale. I'll weigh both the tire and rim later, but here are a few tire/rim weights.

This is a 18x7 3-piece Niche Pultec (non chrome) painted center aluminum rim wrapped by a 225/40/18 Toyo @ 44.5 pounds.

Old fronts prior to change. 18x8.5

23 Pounder: I need to go back and weigh both the tire and rim.

235/35/19 on a 19x8.

I just recieved a phone call from HRE and although the rims have different inners and outers....both applications are the same as for sticking away from the fender. He asked me if I wanted to change out the inner 6.5" to a 7" making it a 9" rim and I said thats alright. HRE did thrown in some stainless steal fasteners which are lighter vs. the chromed steal ones for free...I said go ahead. At 23 pounds the 547R needs to loose some weight. It should take 1-2 wks for completion.

23 Pounder:

#011's test fit....too wide.

Edit: for 15x5 weights

I don't know the actual Fiero rim weight, but I have some shop rollers here using a 205R/60/15, 15x7. Tire tire is somehow of a may-pop with little tread life so the weights may vary, hehe.

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
In other news. I talked to Dan. He is tweaking the Mad/Dan nose using the black belt line and removing the Corvette side maker. I expect the nose to be here sometime next week.

Hopefully Whodeannie with be completed with the hips for modification.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In other news. I talked to Dan. He is tweaking the Mad/Dan nose using the black belt line and removing the Corvette side maker. I expect the nose to be here sometime next week.

Hopefully Whodeannie with be completed with the hips for modification.

Dan gave me a call last night to inform me that the tweaking of #011 nose is completed and will be here (in CA) by next week.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did the package arrive yet ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Did the package arrive yet ?

Yes. Picked them both up today at the local Greyhound station (btw Greyhound has now tweaked the paint scheme on their buses.)

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shipping damages?

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

shipping damages?

None. Dan uses extra padding in the areas where Greyhound tends to be a bit rough-housing. $60 bucks for shipping isn't a bad deal if you're willing to wait a week (7-days) for delivery and your own pick-up. FedX the price is easily twice the cost and nearly a five day delivery. As for the area in question it looks a bit rough and part of the white coloring is partly removed, but that's the area were the nose was re-tweaked so that I could use the stock black belt line and arrow.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HRE 445R.

I'm sending the wheels to HRE for a fat lip!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HRE 445R.

I'm sending the wheels to HRE for a fat lip!

Nice find Curly, still kicking myself for not biting.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is #11 the cars name? And what cha gona do when #15 comes home?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Is #11 the cars name? And what cha gona do when #15 comes home?

Yes. I like numbers as opposed to names. Names usually are abbreviated down the road and/or forgotten.

As for #015. It's been home for some time now.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love how the big brakes look behind the wheel.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll have imagine a 285/35/18 with a 4.5" fay lip.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes. I like numbers as opposed to names. Names usually are abbreviated down the road and/or forgotten.

As for #015. It's been home for some time now.

Ok, I am confused, I thought #15 was @ Whodeannie's? So do you have a seperate build thread for #15 cause I keep geeting #11 twisted with #15.
BTW, I am hatin (in a good way) on you right now cause those Fiero's are da shitznit.

Also, how does #11 handle with thoes Wide azz wheels? Any unsatisfactory handeling?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol man you are confused.

None of Curly's cars are at whodeanies. All his cars are at home.

There is

#11 the silver choptop that this thread is about.

#15 which is the reddish choptop one.

#20 which is the choptop with the Norm's flip up nose

The fiero Redux, which has the Celica headlamps

And,.........

well i will let Curly speak on the newest addition to the fleet.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And,.........

DO TELL! Curly always has the phattest rides. I think he needs to move to Arkansas next door to me and let me show him how to keep them rolling! :P Just kidding bro. I just love your cars.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Ok, I am confused, I thought #15 was @ Whodeannie's? So do you have a seperate build thread for #15 cause I keep geeting #11 twisted with #15.
BTW, I am hatin (in a good way) on you right now cause those Fiero's are da shitznit.

Also, how does #11 handle with thoes Wide azz wheels? Any unsatisfactory handeling?

Thanks. #011 handles really well-even in the rain. I can only compare #011 using three types of tires. Originally, the stock 215/60/15 is a complete joke. Crappy tire compounds years ago can't compare to today’s technology although I'm not 100% sure high performance tires are offered for 15" wheels.

The second sets are the Borbet 17" using not so good using Nitto's cheapest tire. They were better than stock and larger contact patch, but were not high performance tires. The tires used: 235 for the rears and 215 fronts. Currently, the wheels are shop rollers, but I’ll get better treads once they were out.

Thirdly, the Toyo sticky 275/30/20 are perfect! Better compound tire, increased contact patch on the road, and tread design allows more water to be push out thus preventing hydroplaning. You don’t need 19/20s combos, but you do need good tire. Currently, the Nitto's Geo-Gen tire are cheaper and are bi-directional. Toyo's are uni-directional.

Currently, I have Nitto Neo Gen tires on my work car and I can tell you that last week I nearly died in a head-on collision with two 400 plus pound big deer’s on the hwy, in the fog, and while traveling 65 mph. There was no time to brake and I lightly turned the steering wheel and maneuvered into the next lane and corrected. I didn’t hear a squelch from the tires nor did I loose control. For a moment I thought I was being featured in one of those Motor Trend road course.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I will let Curly speak on the newest addition to the fleet.

I hope to reveal the ride once HRE refurbishes the HRE 445s. I'm going with your suggestion and have the centers polished. A polish center has more options than gray. Besides, the wheels looks like a Corvette wheel.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol man you are confused.

None of Curly's cars are at whodeanies. All his cars are at home.

There is

#11 the silver choptop that this thread is about.

#15 which is the reddish choptop one.

#20 which is the choptop with the Norm's flip up nose

The fiero Redux, which has the Celica headlamps

And,.........

And I thought I had a Fiero addiction...LOL
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Dan.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I somehow lost a wheel cap. I found one on Ebay. It's not the exact some, but it's close enough. First this has ever happened to me.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly any news on your hip replacement ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to make a call.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a visit last week from a friend whose husband passed away in 2005 or so. She presented me with a gift. Just now I opened it. Two Fiero cups and label pins.

Her husband is the reason why I kept #011. His name was Tim Cruz (trainman here on the forum).
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had some issues with my rear sway bar. Apparently one of the screws came lose. I head something making a funny noise so I decided to raise the back. It took me about 30-minutes to fix. I had to hammer the bracket back to it's original shape.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bad to the bone.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got my banner nailed up today.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-13-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly you have more " SHOES " than a woman ! hehehe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today was polishing the wheels day. However, after an hour I only complete one side. Polished wheels are better in the long run, but you need to clean them at least twice a year. Otherwise, you'll have a hard time cleaning them if you left them get too dirty.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-13-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hand polished:

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need sun glasses
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

I need sun glasses

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#11 Still snapping necks !!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#011 enjoying CA smooth roads.

Mission Choptop Control: We have clearance.

Another reason "why" you want wing stands. Back in 2002 or so when I first picked up my choptop I couldn't see out the back. I had a set of wing stands from IRM from the 90s. To eliminate the surf board look I had the shop add winglets on the tips. It's the extra little things that add up in the end.

I remember seeing this rock mass back in 1977 in a Caprice Classic Lowrider, now 30+ years later I'm rolling in a choptop.

Late night cruising.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-14-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock