Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 08-24-2008 03:02 AM
Replies: 443
Last post by: exoticse on 03-21-2013 03:17 PM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
this accompanies the the pretty popular thread, What Did You Do To Your Fiero...TODAY ?

list things that have gone wrong from doing a repair that was possibly mentioned in the what did you do to your fiero thread or something that just randomly went wrong.

all of my plugs fouled out today in the middle of driving back home. happened 7 miles from home. i was lucky enough to get going 35 mph. held up lots of traffic. i know i pissed off a lot of those rich people SUVs, oh well. living life as a fiero owner

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp to the wheels

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 08-24-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Sister ran it out of gas last week. That seems to be the only trouble with it lately. That and the guages need fixing. Ever since I put the Speedhuts in, they have been off.

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

Kagen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KagenSend a Private Message to KagenDirect Link to This Post
um today, my passenger window went off its track for no apparent reason, my oil pressure gauge is all the way past 80, i get maybe 12 miles per gallon, it started taking forever to start and when it does it idles at 2000 rpm.. haha sometimes I wonder why I love my car so much
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I didn't work on my rhd conversion like I was supposed to.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Went to Autozone to get a new CTS. I take the old one out its definitely shot the plastic housing disintegrated as I was unplugging it. I go to put the new one in, and it is too narrow and doesn't fit in; the threads were the wrong size. Its part number (su 109) the part number needed is actually (tu157) but they don't stock it) Hopefully this will help others from making the same mistake. I know the sensor was bad it was the original. It wasn't corroded it was pitted with rust and the sensor part was crusty. I was like yup thats where my weird idle is coming from.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Today? Nothing I havent looked at it yet.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
I finally drove it and it thanked me by dumping power steering fluid all over the driveway. Stupid POS reman rack
Intel

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
A/C compressor literally exploded when I pushed the button today!
Scared me pretty good although I was waiting for it to happen. I have the old stock compressor and have been filling it with R134 a couple of years now.

[This message has been edited by Intel (edited 08-24-2008).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Well, so far today nothing has gone wrong, haven't been out to work on it. Here's hoping nothing happens today though, changing my oil later.

Although yesterday, I ran out of gas...5 feet from the pump

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Radiator fan went bad. Replaced for $25. Still looking for that damn noise up front though.

Jim
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully nothing, my boyfriend took it to work and he swears it hates him because it only has problems when he's driving.
He took mine to work because a caliper on his Fiero locked up and ate the pad and rotor last week, we'll be fixing that problem tonight thanks to a big shipment from RockAuto yesterday.
PFF
System Bot
86stealthfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86stealthfieroSend a Private Message to 86stealthfieroDirect Link to This Post
rebuilt my driveaxle and installed my tilt steering , shes very stubborn (no offense ladies) but we are on a mutual agreement, while on the topic how do you get your picture to work on the signature thanks in advance i hear the fiero cracking the whip.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Nothing, so in Fiero terms it's been a good day !

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Today I was still not angry enough to get two broken swaybar bushing bolts out...will have to drill them out later.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Mine keeps mysteriously losing coolant, but whenever I open the thermostat housing it is always full
MordacP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MordacPSend a Private Message to MordacPDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

Mine keeps mysteriously losing coolant, but whenever I open the thermostat housing it is always full

Man, you got those glycol-based gremlins. Take it to an exterminator.

As for mine, the motor mount has finally given up and I can hear the motor dancing around when i'm driving. The belt needs to be replaced. The gauge cluster wont light up. My blinkers dont work. The list of problems that I have fixed recently is longer though, so that's good.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2008 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Mine did nothing to me.......its still on 4 stands, out in the garage.

WHERE IT CAN DO NO DAMAGE !!!!!
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
My car is still had to shift in the morning, don't know why. Only half my speedo gauge lights up. My tach stops working till I smack it and couldn't find the connector I lost for my headlights. Knock on wood but thats a good day for me.

Ryan
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Mine did nothing to me.......its still on 4 stands, out in the garage.

WHERE IT CAN DO NO DAMAGE !!!!!

Now that you have said that I dare you to go crawl under it
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Clutch slave only travels .5" rather than the 1.15"

No leaking
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2008 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Now that you have said that I dare you to go crawl under it

Maybe next weekend. I have this allergy to forehead stitches this week.
PFF
System Bot
cunninghamsean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cunninghamseanSend a Private Message to cunninghamseanDirect Link to This Post
Put new tires on Friday, took it for a test drive and blew out a brake line on the way home. Rust is not you friend. This week it gets new brake lines from MC to each caliper, new shocks, new struts, and new end links.

Sean
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post
Well nothing today but yesterday as i got off the highway and was on the off ramp, it wouldnt go into 1st gear...so there i was trying to jam it in and jamming the clutch into the floor as the line of cars behind me grew impatient and started to honk and swear at me.
It finally went in and in a fit of rage i jammed on the gas, smoked the tires (well... smoked something anyway!) and drove my car the hardest ive ever driven it...not a good idea.
Got to the stop light and the check engine light came on and the car was idling wildly going up and down between 1000 & 2000 RPM.

I was getting code 21 so i started to take a look at the TPS. I puilled everything off the TB and unhooked a bunch of stuff and realized i didnt know what i was doing..so I put it all back together and waited for my dad to get home to shed some light on the subject...of course when he showed up and i started the car to show him what was happening, it didnt do it anymore...it was idling smooth at 900 RPM. I took it for a run and it gave me no problems.

Problem solved i guess!! (?)

------------------

Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
lost a rear brake line on the way home from Iowa last weekend, just replaced both lines and did grand am upgrade on the rear of my 87 SE

[This message has been edited by Capitol City Fiero (edited 08-24-2008).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
wow, so no ones fiero's broke in the last few days? i think hell has frozen over.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp to the wheels

S-toon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonDirect Link to This Post
Well mine didn't brake down but. Well I hardly drive my fiero at night and only use it to drive to work and back and yesterday I did take it out for a spin around 8:00pm to go to the store and noticed that the left signal light will not work while the headlights are on. I turn the headlights off and the left signal lights work. So during the day the car is fine no headlights on, left signal light works, I turn the headlights on and the left signal light wont work. Need to check it out today after work.
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Direct Link to This Post
Nothing recent. Over the last ten years? Alternator went out. Soldered in new diode pack and its been going strong ever since.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
Bought a 88 Formula off of ebay the other day and I don't have it yet!!

------------------
Chuck
86 GT (Sold)
96 New Yorker

psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Jump over to Tech and help me find out (he says with a sarcastic smile) I hope its not the trans, but it seems suspiciously as such..
Trekker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerDirect Link to This Post
Mine just got more dirty, and a bird crapped on it. Other than that the $27 in gas I put in it 3 weeks ago is almost gone............. DAXN 4 CYLINDER!

------------------

FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
Nothing happened with my Fiero.

It's still sitting in a shop in Illinois WAITING for it's 5-speed with LSD to be shipped back from Georgia.

It's been waiting for about 3 months now.

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Messed up the threads on that aberration of a coolant temp sensor. Hands down the dumbest cheap fix i have ever seen gm do.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Well, nothing went wrong with the car. The problem is is that my wife lost her job so the GT got put on the back burner for now. Hopefully soon we will get back on track with a new job and the Fiero. Untill then I can talk to some of you and decide what performance upgrades I will go with.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i thought i was burnin up sparkplugs from running so rich, but it turns out the car has been going into what seems to be "limp home mode" when it hits closed loop. darth will be able to tell me what it is

------------------

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 08-26-2008).]

mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post
Mine started acting up on the way to class today. It would occasionally make a sound like a bearing was going out in the alternator or water pump. On the way home it sounded horrible. All this in a period of a few hours. Now tomorrow morning I'll be trying to figure out where it's coming from and hopefully be up and running again by the end of the week.
hurricanefloyd41

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hurricanefloyd41Send a Private Message to hurricanefloyd41Direct Link to This Post
head light burned out so I replaced both with a set of Sylvania Silverstars
xgamefan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xgamefanSend a Private Message to xgamefanDirect Link to This Post
Drivers headlight motor died and its out of gas..seems like the V8 always needs gas
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ICouldaBeenAV8:

Nothing recent. Over the last ten years? Alternator went out. Soldered in new diode pack and its been going strong ever since.

Wait...nothing has gone wrong with your Fiero in the last 10 years? just a worn out Alt.? Thats crazy!!
Looks like you got the good one

------------------

Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dougie Murder:

Wait...nothing has gone wrong with your Fiero in the last 10 years? just a worn out Alt.? Thats crazy!!
Looks like you got the good one

the ONLY good one

------------------

johnnyride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnnyrideSend a Private Message to johnnyrideDirect Link to This Post
I had a flat. Roofing nail. It's repaired and sitting next to the car waiting to be reinstalled in place of the 14" roller I have on there now.

------------------
1984 Brisa Convertible

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock