Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I brought this idea up in the BIG thread and seems many like the idea of doing a gathering next year up in Frazee,MN as a way of remembering Tyler and what we did for him. Many so far think having it on Labor day weekend would be a great time to have it so many can drive there cars up for it. Please post your thought's and ideas here. Maybe we can get Dave and Karen at the body shop to host this? just a thought.
------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe
1986 Fiero Base Coupe..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being built now!
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ centerline "Q" Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
This would be a FANTASTIC idea !! Especially if Tyler is with us to enjoy it. But moreover if something happens to him meanwhile, i hope it's not a hurtful reminder for the people & his family. We should try to get some feedback on that....

Dang i wish i would have drove one of the Fiero's
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
Kev Great Thought. As Shaun already said maybe we should wait a bit just keep the calender open.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
You need to give it a name like "Tyler's Run". As I mentioned in the other thread I'm in.

\/\/
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
I didn't have any part in the Tyler's Toy build, other than moral support at the very end, and I'll be d@mned if I'm going to miss another opportunity to not only make a difference, but meet everyone at the same time! I should have mine up and running by then and I'll make it a point to get up there for, as InfiniteWill put it, Tyler's Run.

In the other thread antuzzi said he would drive for the get together, and if he drives his, I'll drive mine.

Wait.... I'm gonna drive mine anyway...

------------------
for Tyler
4,500 RPM in 5th gear is bad?
Indiana Fiero Club

The Duke will NEVER DIE

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 11-24-2009).]

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
I'm in. I REALLY should have the car together by then, if I don't break it before hand. I was really close to driving up by myself after work at 7pm on Saturday, but I was on 2 hours of sleep, and you all know what happens when I drive tired. You guys would have been stripping a second car to the space frame at the body shop. My Saturn...

I'd be proud to park my GT next to Tyler's any day...although his takes the cake!!

P.S. Shawn I think Tyler needs a ride in the Purple Turd!

Chad

------------------

Self Installed Intercooled SC3800 II/III w/getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 4 years in Avionics & 14 years in Car Electronics Experience.

[This message has been edited by MOBILE (edited 11-24-2009).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I WILL NOT miss this for the world. I don't care what is going on, when the date is set for this, my calendar is cleared. Thank you for this idea, Kev.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I will get acdelco to sponcer me for some I.c.m's . If it does happen one way or another I WILL be there. I think driving would be a awesome adventure but does anyone trust a fiero for that long?? And kev. I never got a ride in your car
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
I am SOOOO there. I really felt bad about not being there for this event. Do you think the local police would let me cruise with you guys in the IMSA?

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

I am SOOOO there. I really felt bad about not being there for this event. Do you think the local police would let me cruise with you guys in the IMSA?

Oh, THAT would be sweet. Although it might force the rest of our cars to break down in fear.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
I would love to drive up there. As I was leaving Tracey Tinjum's house, I said to them "we should get the guys back up here again." Make this an annual thing." I guess you read my mind. (a short read lol)
John from florida said "after all of this I wonder if we will ever meet again." I guess we might actually. I would think it would be a great idea. I know Tracey Tinjum and her family would like to hang with the fiero guys again.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

PFF
System Bot
Four_hundred_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Direct Link to This Post
Guys hell or high water I'm not going to miss this for the world. i'll be pinching pennies from now on
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
I glad to see many of you want to make this happen next summer!! I can't stop thinking about what we did last weekend and now I'm smiling just thinking about next year and seeing everyone else that were there and meet the ones that couldn't make it out.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I will do my all that is possible to make it .......................

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 12-13-2009).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2009 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I hate to tempt fate( )..but I rather think I will have a stab at getting there too. Already have some money saved up from quitting smoking I want to meet some of the GREATEST people in the WHOLE WORLD!!!!! Errrmmm...when is Labor Day?
Nick
EDIT: OK...first Monday in September

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 11-24-2009).]

AWDimprezaL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimprezaLSend a Private Message to AWDimprezaLDirect Link to This Post
Its not TOO far of a drive for me. (monticello) I should be able to make it!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Im down i most likeley wont bring my fiero but its a possability. If not ill bring the big bad bird.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Definately plan on attending. Has anyone ran it by the towns people. Village etc. ? This would be one more thing for Tyler to look forward to as well which is a good thing.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Definately plan on attending. Has anyone ran it by the towns people. Village etc. ? This would be one more thing for Tyler to look forward to as well which is a good thing.

Which is why it might be better to have it in the spring..... Read that as sooner than later.

Tyler needs all of our support even though the car is "done". (are they ever done? ) I totally agree that something to look forward to is worth a LOT. Powerful stuff.

Again..... I vote SPRING.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
If my school schedule (and possibly work schedule) allow it, I'll definitely be there. Had I known about the build before Saturday, I'd have volunteered to help. Least I can do since I missed it is to show up for the meet. Can't guarantee I'll be in a Fiero (unless someone wants to loan me one ) but I'll still be in another Pontiac
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Which is why it might be better to have it in the spring..... Read that as sooner than later.

Tyler needs all of our support even though the car is "done". (are they ever done? ) I totally agree that something to look forward to is worth a LOT. Powerful stuff.

Again..... I vote SPRING.

Minnesota Spring consists of snow, ice, sleet, rain...

In Northern, MN, there can still be snow on the ground in May... Which also means salt on the roads...

I'd suggest Labor day weekend...
PFF
System Bot
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Count me in, Kev, as long as I know far enough in advance that I can coerce my boss into letting me off work....
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps we can make it. Depends how a number of things turn out here in the next few weeks.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Perhaps we can make it. Depends how a number of things turn out here in the next few weeks.

I'll send my kids over to tend the farm. Then you can jump on your horse and ride on in. But you must have a lasso tied to the side of the horse, wear a ten gallon hat, and have a Marlboro hanging out of your mouth.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 11-25-2009).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I'll send my kids over to tend the farm. Then you can jump on your horse and ride on in. But you must have a lasso tied to the side of the horse, wear a ten gallon hat, and have a Marlboro hanging out of your mouth.

And it MUST be a Red!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I WILL NOT miss this for the world. I don't care what is going on, when the date is set for this, my calendar is cleared. Thank you for this idea, Kev.

My feelings as well. Once it is set, and the town approves of the date, weneed to advertise it like crazy. If it is Labor Day here are some dates:

Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday, September 2, 2013

I wonder though if it should be a spring show? I don't wanna wait until Sept!
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

My feelings as well. Once it is set, and the town approves of the date, weneed to advertise it like crazy. If it is Labor Day here are some dates:

Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday, September 2, 2013

I wonder though if it should be a spring show? I don't wanna wait until Sept!

It will have to be in the summer, the spring time in northern Minnesota can still have snow on the ground and still be pretty cold.

As for the date..it would be over the weekend.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I say that a portion of the entry fee for the car show should be donated to The Cancer Society.
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
I'll go! I'll just hide the Beretta in a corner somewhere!

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
One hell of a drive from California but I'll be there IMSA and all
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I think I have a real reason to be cheap now... anyways, if I'm clear and my Fiero isn't DOA for something, you can pretty much count me in.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Imsa. If your serious about driving let me know. We would be the only one with california plates
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
If ya'll from Cali make the trip, there shouldn't be anybody on the forum that lives CONUS not make the trip, seriously.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Well I"ll probably be the only one with a Quebec plate ..... ( we only have a rear plate hihihihi)

------------------

The Black Widow Site

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Someone do the math for me. It 1723 from me to frazee. My average speed would be 80-100 mph (flame suite on). Car gets about 15-20 mpg at THOSE speeds. If I slowed it down to 60-75 mph would I notice that much difference. Way I figure if I travel at higher speeds I will suffer only 1 tank of gas. I get 250 miles out of a tank of gas. Around 30 bucks a fill up. That's 420 bucks in gas better start saving now...
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

If ya'll from Cali make the trip, there shouldn't be anybody on the forum that lives CONUS not make the trip, seriously.

Please keep in mind that some of us would be trailering so it could be really expensive at 8 MPG. I'm not saying I'm bailing out. Just pointing out that it may be too many $$$ for some.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

One hell of a drive from California but I'll be there IMSA and all

I REALLY want to see your car! I'm thinking photo shoot with our two cars.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by KEV:

Hi all,

I brought this idea up in the BIG thread and seems many like the idea of doing a gathering next year up in Frazee,MN as a way of remembering Tyler and what we did for him. Many so far think having it on Labor day weekend would be a great time to have it so many can drive there cars up for it. Please post your thought's and ideas here. Maybe we can get Dave and Karen at the body shop to host this? just a thought.

One other thing to point out is that Fierorama is around that time. It might be worth checking out when other shows are being held just to try to avoid stepping on some one elses hard work. IMO
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
If we can get a few together from the mid-Atlantic region, we could probably get a good rate on a transport. Same would be true from anywhere. Much cheaper per car if you're moving a truckload instead of just one. Not to mention we'd have a return load for them a few days later, too.
86blackgt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe all this was going on so close to me and i just now realized it now. I'm in full support of this, and will do what I can in support.

Ryan Schuette
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock