Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 24)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

I would think it would be July 22, 23, 24, 2011, but I can't be sure. Can't find any info yet on that. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys to all come back and more and I vote for Turkey Day weekend. Jay actually mentioned that we should open Camp Shipman on Thursday night for any people wanting to come Thursday night to get in an extra night of skype hunting Great idea. So... I hope you guys weren't kidding b/c I am already excited for next year. Camp Shipman will open up Thursday for early check in. I am hoping by next year I have my OWN Fiero. I have Jay scouring the internet because I just have to have one. If Fierogal123 can do it so can I right??

Nellie,

That is AWESOME!
Have you put any thought into fixing up the first red one that you guys just bought back? Cars are meant to be driven, and I am sure that Tyler would approve, except for the "Awwww man, now my mom thinks they are cool.." part... Depending on what it needs, it may be a good Fiero for you and Jay to tool around in for fun, when you aren't out spanking corvettes and mustangs with the yellow one.
IP: Logged
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

I would think it would be July 22, 23, 24, 2011, but I can't be sure. Can't find any info yet on that. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys to all come back and more and I vote for Turkey Day weekend. Jay actually mentioned that we should open Camp Shipman on Thursday night for any people wanting to come Thursday night to get in an extra night of skype hunting Great idea. So... I hope you guys weren't kidding b/c I am already excited for next year. Camp Shipman will open up Thursday for early check in. I am hoping by next year I have my OWN Fiero. I have Jay scouring the internet because I just have to have one. If Fierogal123 can do it so can I right??

I had a great time and I love the idea of a 3 night stay at Camp Shipman! You guys are awsome! Also, anyone who can put 1400 miles on a Snowmobile in one winter can DEFINATELY handle a Fiero. (I was impressed ) I hope you find the car you are looking for. I am sure that many on PFF can help you find something that is in good condition and a good bargin.

PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

LOL !!!!! Skype hunting eh ??? Did you get that from Carter ?? Tell him to have his pillowcase ready !!!! I'll be there early for another night of Skype hunting What a great kid

p.s. Daneele, it's " Snype " hunting....but i'm sure you knew that
i missed Frazee & camp Shipman already on the ride home

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 07-29-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

If you listen hard on those quiet summer nights, you will faintly hear the skype's mating call in the distance. Beep,beep..........beep,beep.......
Anyway, you guys are turning into a hardcore Fiero family, as everyone will have one once you get yours. Time will tell whether I trailer mine, or drive it. I have some serious work to do to make a 1200 mile trip with it. But if I can talk Steph into it, I would like to camp at Camp Shipman, do some skype hunting, pee in the weeds, and buy some Amish cookies. I can't wait for the next one!
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

If you listen hard on those quiet summer nights, you will faintly hear the skype's mating call in the distance. Beep,beep..........beep,beep.......
Anyway, you guys are turning into a hardcore Fiero family, as everyone will have one once you get yours. Time will tell whether I trailer mine, or drive it. I have some serious work to do to make a 1200 mile trip with it. But if I can talk Steph into it, I would like to camp at Camp Shipman, do some skype hunting, pee in the weeds, and buy some Amish cookies. I can't wait for the next one!

MMMMMMMM, Amish cookies, ahhhhhhh. Those were soooo good!!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

MMMMMMMM, Amish cookies, ahhhhhhh. Those were soooo good!!

Amish cookies ????????? Where ?????
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Amish cookies ????????? Where ?????

Awww.....you didn't get any of those? Man, you really missed out. Fieroguy123 and lynxer had them at the cemetery as my wife and I were walking out. And they let us have one. THEY WERE SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! It really is a shame that you missed out on that, really a shame. There's always next year for ya'.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Awww.....you didn't get any of those? Man, you really missed out. Fieroguy123 and lynxer had them at the cemetery as my wife and I were walking out. And they let us have one. THEY WERE SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! It really is a shame that you missed out on that, really a shame. There's always next year for ya'.

Hmmm....well, one of three possibilites here......

1) There were no cookies......your yankin my chain.

2) There were cookies, but they sucked & your just yankin my chain again.

3) There were cookies, and they rocked !!!! & your rubbing it & having fun doing it.

How do paybacks go ???
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm....well, one of three possibilites here......

1) There were no cookies......your yankin my chain.

2) There were cookies, but they sucked & your just yankin my chain again.

3) There were cookies, and they rocked !!!! & your rubbing it & having fun doing it. <=== DING DING DING!

How do paybacks go ???

Yep, Shaun, the cookies were real. You missed them. I can always go up the road to Lancaster and pick some up as well. The next time I make it there, I will send you some Amish cookies.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
That's why my car was acting up.....it kept saying "slow down !!! go back for cookies"
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

That's why my car was acting up.....it kept saying "slow down !!! go back for cookies"

Keep telling yourself that's why. I'll be bringing some dang good cookies next year.
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogal123:

Keep telling yourself that's why. I'll be bringing some dang good cookies next year.

Mmmmmmmmmm.......i'll be looking forward.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Did somebody say cookies....hehehe. I bought 6 dozen from the Amish and they are awsome!! I have been eating them everyday. I will be stopping by there house again next year. My wife just informed me I have 2 1/2 dozen left. Mmmmmmmm
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Nellie,

That is AWESOME!
Have you put any thought into fixing up the first red one that you guys just bought back? Cars are meant to be driven, and I am sure that Tyler would approve, except for the "Awwww man, now my mom thinks they are cool.." part... Depending on what it needs, it may be a good Fiero for you and Jay to tool around in for fun, when you aren't out spanking corvettes and mustangs with the yellow one.

I talked to Jay about that Red one they just bought back. He told me he had plans of putting a Small Block Chevy in it and taking it to the Drag Strip.

Sounded like a good plan to me !!!
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Actually the plan was that the original red one we bought back was going to be ours. However, Jay - control freak that he is - won't let me make any decisions!! Tyler always wanted to put a V8 in that, so Jay is going to try to tinker with that this winter. He wants a big, bad, spankin' machine. I just want a cute, cruising, mama machine. We shall see I guess. For sure the plan is to fix up Ty's original red one. That is a must and we will work on that as we can.

As far as the Amish cookies... I didn't realize anyone even went and got some! We go there all the time. Their cinnamon rolls are the bomb! We like whoopie pies. Purplereign - maybe I will have to get you a little care package since you got totally ripped off.

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Nellie,

That is AWESOME!

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

nellieship

479 posts
Member since Nov 2009
ALSO - is there anyone who didn't get a sign up on the pole that should have from camp shipman? i am putting the finishing touches on. I had to do a little enhancing with some yellow b/c when I went to put the clear coat on it did darken things up. I tried to keep the artistic integrity . I made my own sign that says camp shipman 2010 and attempted to paint a fiero thingy. carter tells me it looks good... not much you can do when painting on rough wood with a water color paint brush, but I think it turned out ok.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

ALSO - is there anyone who didn't get a sign up on the pole that should have from camp shipman? i am putting the finishing touches on. I had to do a little enhancing with some yellow b/c when I went to put the clear coat on it did darken things up. I tried to keep the artistic integrity . I made my own sign that says camp shipman 2010 and attempted to paint a fiero thingy. carter tells me it looks good... not much you can do when painting on rough wood with a water color paint brush, but I think it turned out ok.

We need pictures!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
As for the sign, I think Stuart missed arts and crafts class. He says he did have a note from his mother though

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
O.K. I finally had time to resize and post some pics. My wife isn't much of a car girl, but she did get a few good pics.

MY CAR...

My 5 year old telling me to throw the dash in so we can drive it...

A look down the road at the show.

The Shipman's Fieros

Loadiing up after the show

Some parade pics.

The Stinger...

Lexi in her first parade. I think the waved the entire way!

The Tow Truck, thanks to Integrity Auto, AKA Shawn (Purple Reign)

Shawn's 200 mile 88GT T Top

The Purple Turd, Purple Roller Coaster, etc.

Paul's (RRunner) Race Car. I've wanted to see this since the first time I saw a pic. AWESOME!!! Next year I get a ride Paul...

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MOBILE:

O.K. I finally had time to resize and post some pics. My wife isn't much of a car girl, but she did get a few good pics.

My 5 year old telling me to throw the dash in so we can drive it...

You don't need a whole dash... just gauges. If you look closely through the steering wheel... you can see one of the zip ties that is holding the AUX gauges to the frame...
MOA time..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by fierohoho:
Nick lubing his door, it was squeaky, and for all you people who didn't come down because your Fiero wasn't ready, Nick came down with no dash so you have no excuse.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-30-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Actually the plan was that the original red one we bought back was going to be ours. However, Jay - control freak that he is - won't let me make any decisions!! Tyler always wanted to put a V8 in that, so Jay is going to try to tinker with that this winter. He wants a big, bad, spankin' machine. I just want a cute, cruising, mama machine. We shall see I guess. For sure the plan is to fix up Ty's original red one. That is a must and we will work on that as we can.

As far as the Amish cookies... I didn't realize anyone even went and got some! We go there all the time. Their cinnamon rolls are the bomb! We like whoopie pies. Purplereign - maybe I will have to get you a little care package since you got totally ripped off.

Wow......that would be cool or we could just come visit more frequently than once a year LOL..... i wouldn't say "ripped off", i still wouldn't exchance the weekend for any cookies of anything close to it !! Next year we'll get some cookies & cinnamon rolls

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 07-30-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

I think Fieroguy123 and myself will feel left out if we didn't get a care package, too. Ha ha ha! He ate the whole package on the way home.
I think you need something fast. Cute, mama, cruising machines get old. At least for me they do. You have all the country roads to tear up! You can take Jay for a ride and have him scared! Bahahaha!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

I think Fieroguy123 and myself will feel left out if we didn't get a care package, too. Ha ha ha! He ate the whole package on the way home.
I think you need something fast. Cute, mama, cruising machines get old. At least for me they do. You have all the country roads to tear up! You can take Jay for a ride and have him scared! Bahahaha!

Um....YOU got some cookies.........leave some for the less fortunate
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

Um....YOU got some cookies.........leave some for the less fortunate

You think he shared?

Can we just do the show every 6 months? Does it have to be once a year? Boo to jobs and responsibility!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

You think he shared?

Can we just do the show every 6 months? Does it have to be once a year? Boo to jobs and responsibility!

LOL>>>> i voted for a 3 day work week about 20 years ago !!!
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

LOL>>>> i voted for a 3 day work week about 20 years ago !!!

BWAAAHAAAHAAA!!!! You could add up all the hours you work Mon-Sat and it wouldn't even equal 3 days!!!

Yeah, chocolate chip is my ultimate weakness. Every year at the state fair I just about eat a whole ice cream bucket of Sweet Martha's Cookies...Sounds like I need to pay the Amish a visit...

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
MMMMMM..........Cookies. Those were the bomb. I hate to say it but the smores just did'nt match up to the homemade cookies. Especially after watching you guys attempting to make smores.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MOBILE:

BWAAAHAAAHAAA!!!! You could add up all the hours you work Mon-Sat and it wouldn't even equal 3 days!!!

WOW ...... keep liping off, Captain Unemployed & STILL can't get my car done !!!!!! You know for a FACT i have more hours in one day than you have in a week
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

WOW ...... keep lipping off, Captain Unemployed & STILL can't get my car done !!!!!! You know for a FACT i have more hours in one day...................................... than you have in a week

Insert between day and than above.....(on the computer surfing)..

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd...04' 3400 V6 swap!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
I finally got around to uploading some of my pictures from last weekend. Enjoy!

The MAN and his machine.

The only way to travel with lots of luggage....

When you own a Fiero you NEVER travel alone. Eat your heart our AAA!

No matter what style.... they are all welcome and unique!

Getting ready for Andy's big entrance...

Introductions...

Now that's what I'M TALKIN' ABOUT. Very cool.

Friday evening at the Shipman's

I was honored to get these pictures of Andy setting in my car. A true American hero.

The car of honor....

Are those birds?!?.... Nope... Just the photo crew.

Oh wait! There's the bird!

Lots of Fieros...

Carter's car receiving many deserved awards.

Nice shot of KEV's and Shawn's car. Both very cool.

Dig John Dig!

Camping ..... Is that a bear I hear?

Sunday morning... Anyone hungry for breakfast? I guess setting on the bird feeder is ONE way to catch a bird!

I wanted this picture for a long time.

Sunday morning car show reprise.

The Stinger. Geff, the emblems and graphics were fantastic. Thank you again.

After the Parade on Sunday....

I think Carter needs one of these!

Thanks for the great memories everyone!

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 07-31-2010).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Great pictures Paul!
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

I finally got around to uploading some of my pictures from last weekend. Enjoy!

Dig John Dig!

Wait he didn't have an iPhone app for that???

fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Nice... Barbie's missing her Ken. She told me to tell you that John.

[This message has been edited by fierogal123 (edited 07-31-2010).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

LOL! I forgot all about that!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

You guys weren't complaining when you were all asking me to use the iPhone to get distance and directions for your signs! OR when I used it to point the post in the right direction, Or when I used the iPhone to level the sign post

I would assume that "she" would be Karen Gray, of Frazee Auto Body? I will think of something very good to get her back with

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-31-2010).]

fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I would assume that "she" would be Karen Gray, of Frazee Auto Body? I will think of something very good to get her back with

Actually, no....I couldn't recall how it started, but I just remember everyone calling you Ken. And, if it was her you should buy her a Ken doll at the next show.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could've made it out there. but my health hasen't been great lately.
hope everyone had a memorable time.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
The photos you guys are posting are awesome. I found a few in mine that were somewhat unique. So here goes.

I do not know how many in the caravan got to see this young lady while rolling up 10. When we got bottled up for the accident clean-up in progress, we got to talk to her. She saw Boyd's story on the news and just happened to pull in to the bar where we all met in St Cloud. She told us that she was simply blown away by the whole story and gave us a lot of praise for helping Tyler with his car.

John WPB risking his life to get every waking moment of the trip on video. He has to have some spectacular footage. I hope we all get to see it eventually.

Our nice little diversion on the side of the highway with a broken ball joint. Left to right: Stu (DIY-STU), Bobby (fieroguy123), Brandon (heypal) and Stephanie (fierogal123) "waiting parts" on the side of Highway 10. Brandon is the owner of the car and this was his first outing with the Fiero groups. I think he went out of his way to introduce himself. A simple "Hello" would have been fine by me. But, he was the second Fiero of the day to experience the "No Fiero left behind Program" we had pledged to at the beginning of our trip. All of us jumped in, grease and all, and got his car back on the road in about an hour. Who would have guessed that there was an O'Reillys at the next exit who had an 88 lower ball joint and ball joint press in stock.

John WPB running interference when the law showed up while we were fixing that ball joint. The State Trooper turned out to be one of the nicest troopers I have ever met. After looking over our situation, she decided that we were all safe enough to proceed with the repair. I wish we would have thought to stick a Tyler sticker on the back of her patrol car.

Our two entries in to the car show. I was honored to be parked in front of Tyler's Fiero. I watched people look at the story boards next to his car and then go off and talk to guys they could identify from the build team. It was humbling to be thanked by total strangers over our efforts.

Our Sunday morning exhibition with the cars that received awards. Once again, parked next to the "guest of honor"

Olga from Indy drove the Minnesota Club go-kart. I thought this was a good shot showing her textbook parade candy throwing technic. The two karts went through one grocery bag full of candy each. How she got that candy to hang in the air while I shot the photo is beyond me.

Bobby climbed up on the roof of my trailer to get this shot of the group in the Frazee High School parking lot where the reveal took place in November right after the parade.

There were lots of long "Goodbyes" after the parade. A lot of us did'nt really want to leave.

Last but not least, the direction sign we each made in Tyler's memorial garden at the Shipman residence with the Purple Turd in the background doing what it does best (quiet and not running). We had quite a bit of fun making up the signs. Great idea whomever came up with it.

We had a blast while in Frazee and can not wait for next year. Both Annette and I are still talking about our time up there.

Fred
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Great pictures Fred!
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
lol @ Cleburne, TX... 1021 miles.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock